You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.
 

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Why we risked him for such an unimportant game is beyond me.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 146 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Supposedly Jupp said he returned from international break with a slight knock?


If that's the case - Jupp's done nearly everything right - but playing him today was beyond stupid if that's true.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2403 times
Been thanked: 1594 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 am

H.Salihamanizic confirmed that Thiago will be out for several months...
See you in Feb Thiago

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32494
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 25109 times
Been thanked: 4902 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 am

aterford wrote:Supposedly Jupp said he returned from international break with a slight knock?

If that's the case - Jupp's done nearly everything right - but playing him today was beyond stupid if that's true.

He said that Thiago came back from the international break with an injury. Didn't elaborate on what kind of injury.

I think "Belastungssteuerung" (don't know how to translate that word; it means planning and controlling training intensity and game time according to medical parameters) really isn't up to standards. There are far too many muscle injuries. If Thiago wasn't fully fit I fail to understand why he was played today. This game was completely unimportant.

And these things keep happening no matter what doctor or what coach. Whether it's Müller-Wohlfahrt or Dr. Braun, whether it's Pep or Jupp. Something's fundamentally wrong in that department.

Don't know who it was, but elsewhere in this forum somebody asked why Dortmund turned suspicious and sent Götze to a thorough medical examination, but not Bayern.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 1055 times
Gender: Female

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:05 am

ramsej84 wrote:H.Salihamanizic confirmed that Thiago will be out for several months...
See you in Feb Thiago

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Ouch !!!!!
Effenberg777
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 202 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:07 am

RedQueen wrote:
aterford wrote:Supposedly Jupp said he returned from international break with a slight knock?

If that's the case - Jupp's done nearly everything right - but playing him today was beyond stupid if that's true.

He said that Thiago came back from the international break with an injury. Didn't elaborate on what kind of injury.

I think "Belastungssteuerung" (don't know how to translate that word; it means planning and controlling training intensity and game time according to medical parameters) really isn't up to standards. There are far too many muscle injuries. If Thiago wasn't fully fit I fail to understand why he was played today. This game was completely unimportant.

And these things keep happening no matter what doctor or what coach. Whether it's Müller-Wohlfahrt or Dr. Braun, whether it's Pep or Jupp. Something's fundamentally wrong in that department.

Don't know who it was, but elsewhere in this forum somebody asked why Dortmund turned suspicious and sent Götze to a thorough medical examination, but not Bayern.


Yup, I agree 100%. That was exactly what I thought when we found out about Götze's illness. Götze's fitness was clearly lacking at Bayern and yet Dortmund's staff were able to provide a diagnosis within a few months. With all due respect to Dortmund - there's no reason they should have a medical staff who's able to diagnose his woes while our own staff were seemingly unable to. I'm no doctor, but to my understanding Götze's form of myopathy doesn't just happen overnight....which leads me to believe our staff was either ignorant or incompetent - or both, I guess.
And this is why I found it funny when people pitted things as "Pep vs HWMW" - I am sure Pep could've handled things better, but at the same time his frustration was in large part merited. It hasn't mattered who the coach is, who the doctor is, what kind of pitch we're training on, etc...there's got to be some sort of conversation here. If this was just an isolated one-season type issue I'd chalk it up to bad luck - but this has pretty much been the case for 4+ years now. I don't think it's just bad luck anymore.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2403 times
Been thanked: 1594 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby America USA » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:19 am

What are you guys suggesting? Bayern players have hidden health conditions? :-k
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 435 times
Been thanked: 703 times

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Larhm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:43 am

No worries, he will be back for his 100th Bundesliga title and 99th Pokal
User avatar
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 am

America USA wrote:What are you guys suggesting? Bayern players have hidden health conditions? :-k


No - suggesting that clearly something's amiss with either our fitness/medical staff, training, or both.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2403 times
Been thanked: 1594 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby America USA » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:11 am

I get it, but in this particular case Thiago suffered a knock while on National Duty in Russia. Not much could be done about that. And today their coach seemed to have given clear instructions to play a very physical game. That’s how both Thiago and Robben were taken out. Hard to do something about these instances.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 435 times
Been thanked: 703 times

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:19 am

Right - then the questions is this: did the medical staff (erroneously) clear Thiago to play? If not - why did he play in this game?
User avatar
aterford
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 2403 times
Been thanked: 1594 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:55 am

RedQueen wrote:I think "Belastungssteuerung" (don't know how to translate that word; it means planning and controlling training intensity and game time according to medical parameters) really isn't up to standards.


Or.. Maybe we don't have Belastungssteuerung at all.

Edit: if we don't have Belastungssteuerung, or if we have a bad Belastungssteuerung system, that might explain why we were struggling in the transfer market. Players are "inside people" and supposedly know more than us. They won't come to a place where they risk their career quite a bit, unless they really like us. I see a major revamp for FCB in the near future, and it might be painful and risky.
User avatar
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 116 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:03 am

aterford wrote:Yup, I agree 100%. That was exactly what I thought when we found out about Götze's illness. Götze's fitness was clearly lacking at Bayern and yet Dortmund's staff were able to provide a diagnosis within a few months. With all due respect to Dortmund - there's no reason they should have a medical staff who's able to diagnose his woes while our own staff were seemingly unable to. I'm no doctor, but to my understanding Götze's form of myopathy doesn't just happen overnight....which leads me to believe our staff was either ignorant or incompetent - or both, I guess.
And this is why I found it funny when people pitted things as "Pep vs HWMW" - I am sure Pep could've handled things better, but at the same time his frustration was in large part merited. It hasn't mattered who the coach is, who the doctor is, what kind of pitch we're training on, etc...there's got to be some sort of conversation here. If this was just an isolated one-season type issue I'd chalk it up to bad luck - but this has pretty much been the case for 4+ years now. I don't think it's just bad luck anymore.

Dortmund's medical department didn't diagnose Götze's illness themselves, that was done by a university clinic. But their tests were good enough that they got suspicious something more serious was amiss, and I think you can do that by watching the player train and doing the daily tests - what I understood is they did precisely that and after a time concluded that the overall picture just didn't make sense, and then sent him to specialists for more thorough examination. Whereas at Bayern I get the feeling they're just not monitoring things carefully enough, or early enough, hence these recurring unpleasant surprises.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 1055 times
Gender: Female

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 am

I really hope when its important everyone is gonna be fit , but thats just so unrealistic with how unlucky we are when it comes down to injuries.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4950
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2097 times
Been thanked: 2272 times
Gender: Male

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 am

IsiahRashad wrote:I really hope when its important everyone is gonna be fit , but thats just so unrealistic with how unlucky we are when it comes down to injuries.

It's been happening for so many years that I refuse to simply put it down to bad luck.

Realistically, I think a number of small factors put together are contributing towards the numerous injuries.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 36415
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 6600 times
Been thanked: 9648 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests