You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby OhioFan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Wedding ring on right hand is a custom of several central European countries, including Germany. My grandmother did as did my father in law, plus some of my friends from the old country.

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

Right middle finger? It is this one, right?

hqdefault.jpg

Yep.

[PS: why is Effenberg wearing his wedding ring (?) on his right hand?]
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am

Found this post from last year:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:why does he always get injured in Doha?

He did it again :lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am

Goalkeeper Sven Ulreich, who sprained the middle finger of his right hand yesterday, did complete most of the training session but did not take part in goalkeeping drills or the practice match at the end. The 29-year-old will return to full training when the swelling on his bruised finger has gone down. [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:33 pm

OhioFan wrote:Wedding ring on right hand is a custom of several central European countries, including Germany. My grandmother did as did my father in law, plus some of my friends from the old country.

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:[quote="MUTU"] Can't see tweet? Click here!

Right middle finger? It is this one, right?

hqdefault.jpg

Yep.

[PS: why is Effenberg wearing his wedding ring (?) on his right hand?]
[/quote]

Weird, cause I‘d wear it on the left one as well...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:42 pm

#12 wrote:Weird, cause I‘d wear it on the left one as well...

I tried researching it. Apparently there was a scientific misconception whereby the finger between the middle finger and the small finger on the left hand was connected directly to the heart, that's why it was chosen as the wedding ring finger. However, it is not a universal thing.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:39 pm

MUTU wrote:

I tried researching it. Apparently there was a scientific misconception whereby the finger between the middle finger and the small finger on the left hand was connected directly to the heart, that's why it was chosen as the wedding ring finger. However, it is not a universal thing.

Could be that in Germany the use of a different hand depends on the region, on the left for predominant Catholic lands and right hand for Protestant ones. Effenberg is from Hamburg.

The wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand in some Orthodox and a small number of Catholic European countries, some Protestant Western European, as well as some Central and South American Catholic countries.[4] In Eastern Europe, these include: Bulgaria, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Russia, and Serbia. In Central or Western Europe, these include: Austria, Denmark, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Netherlands [if not Catholic], Norway, and (Catholic) Spain. In Central or South America, these include: Colombia, Cuba, Peru, Venezuela.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Sven Ulreich is back in full training.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby OhioFan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 am

#12 wrote:
OhioFan wrote:Wedding ring on right hand is a custom of several central European countries, including Germany. My grandmother did as did my father in law, plus some of my friends from the old country.

Weird, cause I‘d wear it on the left one as well...[/quote]

I think it is just Prussians who wear on the left. :wink:
St. Arnulf of Metz - Bishop & member of the court of the Frankish king Theodebert II of Austrasia. A noble, Arnulf married Doda & their son was Ansegisel. Ansegisel married Beggia, the daughter of Pepin of Landen, starting the Carolingian dynasty.
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 am

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Could be that in Germany the use of a different hand depends on the region, on the left for predominant Catholic lands and right hand for Protestant ones. Effenberg is from Hamburg.

The wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand in some Orthodox and a small number of Catholic European countries, some Protestant Western European, as well as some Central and South American Catholic countries.[4] In Eastern Europe, these include: Bulgaria, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Russia, and Serbia. In Central or Western Europe, these include: Austria, Denmark, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Netherlands [if not Catholic], Norway, and (Catholic) Spain. In Central or South America, these include: Colombia, Cuba, Peru, Venezuela.

The engagement ring is worn on the left hand. The ring switches to the right hand once the couple is married.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:01 am

RedQueen wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="#12"]Weird, cause I‘d wear it on the left one as well...

The engagement ring is worn on the left hand. The ring switches to the right hand once the couple is married.[/quote]Is it the case in both Roman Catholics and Protestants?
I always noticed that Germans wear it on the right ... English I am not sure (if they do wear it after all) here and italians maybe even all the other latin countries wear it on the left

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bayern Injury List