You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Serge Gnabry [Serge David Gnabry]

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 am

Sport Bild | Serge Gnabry is in Munich to receive the treatment for his muscle injury by Müller-Wohlfahrt.

Don't expect him for the start of the season.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 am

FFS SOMEONE GET HIM OUT OF THERE !!!
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Sport Bild | Serge Gnabry is in Munich to receive the treatment for his muscle injury by Müller-Wohlfahrt.

Don't expect him for the start of the season.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed May 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Is there any clause to our contracts that you have to be injury prone to be a Bayern member?
For god's sake even one of the bosses got a heart-attack... Only Berni is healthy but who knows until the end of the season he might get sick.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Achilles wrote:Is there any clause to our contracts that you have to be injury prone to be a Bayern member?
For god's sake even one of the bosses got a heart-attack... Only Berni is healthy but who knows until the end of the season he might get sick.

Generally they become injury prone AFTER they sign for Bayern. It doesn't matter whether or not they are training in Munich or whether they're out on loan. Not even the daily blood samples could help Gnabry from the Bayern injury curse. :evil:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed May 09, 2018 2:49 pm

MUTU wrote:
Achilles wrote:Is there any clause to our contracts that you have to be injury prone to be a Bayern member?

Generally they become injury prone AFTER they sign for Bayern. It doesn't matter whether or not they are training in Munich or whether they're out on loan. Not even the daily blood samples could help Gnabry from the Bayern injury curse. :evil:

This.
Of course every injury is different. And it is hard to draw many hard conclusions from the data we have (there is generally no 'control' by which to judge a player's healing under doctor X or vs doctor Y)...but I think we can at least draw a clear trend, just off the top of my head:

1. Players without much of an injury history develop one when they join Bayern: Costa, Shaqiri, Gustavo, Javi, Neuer, Bernat, Coman (perhaps an exception as he was so young and relatively inexperienced when joining)
2. Players with moderate injury history prior to joining Bayern see it get much more severe when they join Bayern: Benatia, Götze, Thiago (avg. 4 games missed per season prior to Bayern, ~20 per season here), Boateng
3. Players who are injury-prone at Bayern and transfer elsewhere almost always see their health improve noticeably: Costa, Benatia, Badstuber, Götze (who has still had struggles at BVB, but at least their docs detected his myopathic disorder when ours apparently couldn't..), Shaqiri, Gustavo....
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:

This.
Of course every injury is different. And it is hard to draw many hard conclusions from the data we have (there is generally no 'control' by which to judge a player's healing under doctor X or vs doctor Y)...but I think we can at least draw a clear trend, just off the top of my head:

1. Players without much of an injury history develop one when they join Bayern: Costa, Shaqiri, Gustavo, Javi, Neuer, Bernat, Coman (perhaps an exception as he was so young and relatively inexperienced when joining)
2. Players with moderate injury history prior to joining Bayern see it get much more severe when they join Bayern: Benatia, Götze, Thiago (avg. 4 games missed per season prior to Bayern, ~20 per season here), Boateng
3. Players who are injury-prone at Bayern and transfer elsewhere almost always see their health improve noticeably: Costa, Benatia, Badstuber, Götze (who has still had struggles at BVB, but at least their docs detected his myopathic disorder when ours apparently couldn't..), Shaqiri, Gustavo....

Couldn't agree more. The biggest example of no 3 was by far Zickler. Zickler was arguably the most injury-prone player we ever had, or at least one of the most. He once broke his leg 3 times between one match and his next match. He was quoted as saying that he doesn't think he had a bone left in his body which he hadn't broken. He leaves on a free, goes to Austria, and plays a whole season without getting injured.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:Generally they become injury prone AFTER they sign for Bayern. It doesn't matter whether or not they are training in Munich or whether they're out on loan. Not even the daily blood samples could help Gnabry from the Bayern injury curse. :evil:

This.

Couldn't agree more. The biggest example of no 3 was by far Zickler. Zickler was arguably the most injury-prone player we ever had, or at least one of the most. He once broke his leg 3 times between one match and his next match. He was quoted as saying that he doesn't think he had a bone left in his body which he hadn't broken. He leaves on a free, goes to Austria, and plays a whole season without getting injured.

Goerlitz
Deisler
Jeremies
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 pm

aterford wrote:
MUTU wrote:

This.

Badstuber. How long has he been injury free since he left? There's gotta be something wrong with us...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Bads has still had some injuries, but comparatively speaking it's all been minor stuff....
In 8 years at Bayern he missed 218 games for an average of ~27 per season.
of course since then the sample size has been smaller. But since leaving in January '17 he has missed only 9 games, which would average out to about 7 per season.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri May 11, 2018 12:16 pm

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

OMG he just gave me a scare. I started reading thinking he was announcing his retirement due to injury. Why is he devastated about missing one match for Hoffenheim? Or is he referring to the World Cup as well?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

OMG he just gave me a scare. I started reading thinking he was announcing his retirement due to injury. Why is he devastated about missing one match for Hoffenheim? Or is he referring to the World Cup as well?

Of course he is...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Serge Gnabry has resumed training with the ball for the first time since his adductor injury last season !
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Previous

Return to Bayern Injury List