You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 am

Ziklitschli wrote:We, the Poland, are just as much victims of the idiotic coach decision as Bayern is.

How so, you were favourites to win EURO 2020 and now lost your best player?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:47 am

Ziklitschli wrote:
swarkzero wrote:I wouldn't even be anoyed if it didn't happen against F*cking Andorra!!!
I hope Poland don't make the world cup,this was so dumb,Lewandowski is also to blame for this,if he insited to play against them.

We, the Poland, are just as much victims of the idiotic coach decision as Bayern is. He's not even Polish btw.

I hated him from the first lineup, felt some serious Guardiola vibes in a way he decided to experiment right away. Nawałka knew this team inside and out, had their absolute trust, and still failed with much more conservative experiment, having numerous training session to implement the changes.

Lewandowski's injury cements this bad first impressions into solid hate, I mean, even I absolutely knew this will happen just by Murphy's law, is he new to this, has he not seen how the play, why no change etc etc.

I understand frustration and honestly I am pissed as well. On the other hand it is crazy to blame player (or coach) that he decided to play in World Cup Qualification. He scored twice and Poland won only 3-0. Without Lewy it could be 0-0 for a long time and everybody would blame coach that he didn’t play. BTW most top players do play against weak opponents in qualification. Lewandowski plays in BL against such teams as Arminia as well…
pers
Getting the hang of it

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:54 am

It is not the PZPN or Lewa's fault.
The only fault lies is that of Fifa
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:59 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
bmguy wrote:------------------Gnabry

-------Coman------Mueller-----Sane

still decent but no backup. A cost that Bayern heads like Kahn, Brazzo... neglects the youth development. Why Dortmund has so many youth talents that can play on the first team even though their Dortmund II is not even on the same league with Bayern II.

Moukoko, Knauff, Raschl, Steffen Tigges... are getting chances in the 1st team and we have 0. Dorsch is the king of U21 Germany => we kicked, Stiller next, useless Sarr instead of Richards,... oh #-o . Young players should not come to bayern if they want to develop their career.

really ? Davies and Musiala dont exist do they; Bayern have really started to develop young talents since the new academy, its is the best of all the top clubs in the world for young talents at the moment, also first team Bayern is not a development team like Dortmund but if you are good enough you will play

And you started the post with the word "really"
Being the best is awarded by showing it, not wishful thinking... Our academy sucks ass!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 pm

pers wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:
swarkzero wrote:I wouldn't even be anoyed if it didn't happen against F*cking Andorra!!!
I hope Poland don't make the world cup,this was so dumb,Lewandowski is also to blame for this,if he insited to play against them.

We, the Poland, are just as much victims of the idiotic coach decision as Bayern is. He's not even Polish btw.

I hated him from the first lineup, felt some serious Guardiola vibes in a way he decided to experiment right away. Nawałka knew this team inside and out, had their absolute trust, and still failed with much more conservative experiment, having numerous training session to implement the changes.

Lewandowski's injury cements this bad first impressions into solid hate, I mean, even I absolutely knew this will happen just by Murphy's law, is he new to this, has he not seen how the play, why no change etc etc.

I understand frustration and honestly I am pissed as well. On the other hand it is crazy to blame player (or coach) that he decided to play in World Cup Qualification. He scored twice and Poland won only 3-0. Without Lewy it could be 0-0 for a long time and everybody would blame coach that he didn’t play. BTW most top players do play against weak opponents in qualification. Lewandowski plays in BL against such teams as Arminia as well…
So? It was 2-0 at HT, wasn’t it? Why not take him off? Cause the mighty Andorra might score twice?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:15 pm

#12 wrote:So? It was 2-0 at HT, wasn’t it? Why not take him off? Cause the mighty Andorra might score twice?

And do what, play with 10 men? Or sub on another club's player instead of Lewandowski because other clubs can afford their player getting injured? What kind of elitism is this?

Why did Davies play 90 minutes against Cayman Islands and the coach didn't take him off even after Canada scored the 11-0?

It's really, really, really, really illogical to blame the coach for playing by far his best player in a World Cup qualifier.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 pm

As I told you yesterday, MUTU, my frustration isn't with him playing, because of course anyone would want to play their best player. It's annoyance at the bad luck that it had to happen in this game of all games, one which he could easily have been rested for. Frankly, I have no idea why he didn't rest him. I would have with a match vs England coming up just 3 days later.

It is frustration at our bad luck, because many coaches would have chosen to rest Lewa vs Andorra IMO. Of course, for all we know he would have gotten injured vs England or Leipzig or whoever, but you can't really keep going like that. Fact of the matter is that he got injured in the one game where it wouldn't have been farfetched to expect him to remain on the bench, not because it was against Andorra, but because there was another more important game coming up soon.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Kanapcio » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:25 pm

You all don't seem to notice one thing, players like Lewandowski WANT to play the full 90 minutes even against Andorra and shouldn't be blamed for it, just as Lewandowski wants to play in every Bundesliga match including Arminia or Mainz. And yes, someone can answer that this is the coach's decision. Ok. But getting into conflict with a squad leader by a new coach at the beginning of his job is not a good idea.

If you must blame someone, blame FIFA for the calendar.
Kanapcio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby pers » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 pm

It was 2-0 at HT, wasn’t it? Why not take him off? Cause the mighty Andorra might score twice? [/quote]

It was 1-0 HT. He scored 2nd 55' and injury happened few minutes later. But lest's assume it was 5-0 and he still wants to play to score more goals for his country. The goals may be very important at the end of qualification and for him personally.
pers
Getting the hang of it

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:So? It was 2-0 at HT, wasn’t it? Why not take him off? Cause the mighty Andorra might score twice?

And do what, play with 10 men? Or sub on another club's player instead of Lewandowski because other clubs can afford their player getting injured? What kind of elitism is this?

Why did Davies play 90 minutes against Cayman Islands and the coach didn't take him off even after Canada scored the 11-0?

It's really, really, really, really illogical to blame the coach for playing by far his best player in a World Cup qualifier.
No it’s not...

That match against England ist the equivalent to our match against PSG... If we led 3-0 at HT on Saturday, you‘d be the first to shit on Flick! In fact, you already demanded we play a B team minutes after the draw! Guess what? We can win a title here, Poland won’t...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PowerHouse » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:02 pm

Sometimes greed gets the best of us.. Hopefully Lewandowski realizes that he is far too important to Bayern to go all out against the Andorra's of the world. Especially in a game you're already winning and have scored in. And especially now that he's getting up there in age. Soon to be 33 years old.
PowerHouse
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:25 pm

I have a feeling that he'll come back sooner than reported just because of his unreal physique :roll:

Regarding his "replacement" until his recovery there are two options:
a) full pressing, counter attack football with a quartet of Coman-Sane-Gnabry-Muller
b) same style with Choupo at the Bundesliga mostly.

Against PSG we should play just like against Stuttgart after the red card and exploit their defense with our lighting fast offense through counter attacks in other words we have to change a little bit and play like the underdogs. Unfortunately, we don't have a direct quality replacement for Lewy(who has?) with his movements, aerial capabilities, ball control, playing with the CBs and distribute correctly etc etc
That's what we are going to miss mostly not his goals where he has only 5 in the CL but his overall game. Our wingers are good finishers and we have Muller so if we play smart and get advantage of the space that PSG defenders might leave because of our deeper style of play then we can cause some serious trouble.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

No it’s not...

That match against England ist the equivalent to our match against PSG... If we led 3-0 at HT on Saturday, you‘d be the first to shit on Flick! In fact, you already demanded we play a B team minutes after the draw! Guess what? We can win a title here, Poland won’t...

Not at all. We are marginal favourites to win against PSG, even without Lewandowski.

But Poland are big underdogs against England. They'd have likely lost regardless. So if anything it makes sense to ensure you don't drop the 3 points in a match where you're expected to get the 3 points rather than try to get some points in a match where you're expected to get 0.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:12 pm

I know Lewandowski presence matters and free up others also he gives the team issuance, but last season UCL after round of 16 Lewandowski only score 2 of Bayern's 12 goals. And I think Coman, Gnabry Muller and Sane is a very dynamic and dangerous front 4.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm

pers wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:
swarkzero wrote:

So? It was 2-0 at HT, wasn’t it? Why not take him off? Cause the mighty Andorra might score twice?

The 2nd place position for Playoff might come down to goal differential. We have the superior attack to Hungarians, and should utilize it.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List