You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic player injury thread

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Official generic player injury thread

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 pm

RedQueen wrote:Image

Thats a really cool statistic, thanks for sharing.

We definitely need to improve our medical staff / recovery, I know its a running joke here.

However, being middle of the table is not terribly bad in comparison. I think we need to evaluate the statistic with two factors in particular
a) Bayern competes on all fronts with much deeper runs which means more games, less rest and hence more injuries.
b) Bayern squad strength and fight for starting spots leads to much more intense training/practice which also leads to more injuries.

I would be really keen to see a comparison with other elite level clubs across Europe. I think that would be a much more apt comparison to judge our medical team by.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue May 21, 2019 1:34 pm

RedQueen wrote:Image

Are we still doing the daily blood tests?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Are we still doing the daily blood tests?

I don't have any info on that.

But I posted the same statistic last year:
injuries-f2/official-generic-player-injury-thread-t12458-465.html#p515261

We've improved a little bit. Hoffenheim have dropped dramatically. Apparently it's not just about the blood tests.

Overall the figures are worse this season. I'm astounded Leipzig and Leverkusen are still among the best, as both teams have had a couple of long-term injuries (plus Leverkusen has the Benders). But both have 13 days more, which this season is still enough for a top 5 position.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue May 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
Thats a really cool statistic, thanks for sharing.

We definitely need to improve our medical staff / recovery, I know its a running joke here.

However, being middle of the table is not terribly bad in comparison. I think we need to evaluate the statistic with two factors in particular
a) Bayern competes on all fronts with much deeper runs which means more games, less rest and hence more injuries.
b) Bayern squad strength and fight for starting spots leads to much more intense training/practice which also leads to more injuries.

I would be really keen to see a comparison with other elite level clubs across Europe. I think that would be a much more apt comparison to judge our medical team by.

We didn't have more games this season. Leipzig had the most with 52, Frankfurt had 50, we had 49. It's probably more the age of the squad that's a factor.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:00 pm

RedQueen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Are we still doing the daily blood tests?

I don't have any info on that.

But I posted the same statistic last year:
injuries-f2/official-generic-player-injury-thread-t12458-465.html#p515261

We've improved a little bit. Hoffenheim have dropped dramatically. Apparently it's not just about the blood tests.

Overall the figures are worse this season. I'm astounded Leipzig and Leverkusen are still among the best, as both teams have had a couple of long-term injuries (plus Leverkusen has the Benders). But both have 13 days more, which this season is still enough for a top 5 position.

Pill company and bull testicle drinks...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bayern Injury List