You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Navas or Onana
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Manuel Neuer's finger injury is more complicated than first thought. Neuer has a problem in the ligament of his right thumb and is being assessed day by day. Neuer is a doubt for the cup game in Berlin on Wednesday as it would be too risky to play him.Team doctors Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt and Dr. Peter Ueblacker are exploring all possibilities to make Neuer ready for the game on Wednesday. [Bild]

This is why Neuer is never going to be the same "godlike" player.

Is it more complicated because he is injured more than previously thought (surprise surprise, misdiagnosis!) or is it more complicated because he is going to get treated by HWMW?

As far as I understand, your first assumption is correct.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:02 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am

I feel sorry for Neuer, but this looks like his end is getting more and more closer every day. My opinion is still the same; he should do everything in his power to return to his best days, but so many things right now are against him and it takes soooo much time for a goalkeeper to return to his previous level, especially when at age of 32-33.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Fénix wrote:I feel sorry for Neuer, but this looks like his end is getting more and more closer every day. My opinion is still the same; he should do everything in his power to return to his best days, but so many things right now are against him and it takes soooo much time for a goalkeeper to return to his previous level, especially when at age of 32-33.

Yeah, we need to look for a replacement sooner than later.
But here I am fearing that this will be a repetition of the Robbery disaster just in a different position...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Fénix wrote:I feel sorry for Neuer, but this looks like his end is getting more and more closer every day. My opinion is still the same; he should do everything in his power to return to his best days, but so many things right now are against him and it takes soooo much time for a goalkeeper to return to his previous level, especially when at age of 32-33.

Yep, unfortunately I think this is the case. Of course goalkeepers can go longer than outfield players, but still - betting on Neuer getting back to his top level at this point is simply betting against the odds.

And while I hate to mention it - for the first half of the season, even when healthy (I don't know how fit he has truly been), he was just flat-out poor. As in - by many accounts - one could argue that he was close to being the worst in the league.

I will hope for the best but as I always say - if you wait until you HAVE to replace someone, you have waited too long. Hopefully Neuer gets back to top form, but I think we'd be foolish to plan on that; rather, we should plan on assuming he does *not* and if he does, then great! If not, we can be prepared.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:21 pm

If only our overall situation in the club was better, maybe everything would be way easier and better for Neuer to recover from this, but it isn't.

If I were Neuer, I would even consider an option of amn immediate retirement from international football, just to focus on the club and regaining old form.
"Never back down. No surrender. If you wanna be the best you gotta take out the best!"
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Manuel Neuer and Niko Kovač had a long exchange in today's training. Neuer was not wearing gloves and couldn't complete goalkeeping training. A decision on whether he will play on Wednesday will be taken tomorrow.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Bild (behind the pay wall) is talking about three months he's gonna be sidelined in case this tendon tears completely.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:14 am

#-o
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:43 am

A poor form Neuer is still better than Ulreich in the form of his life

Problem now is that Ulreich is in poor form too, so if that report turns out to be true we are done for the season.

Hopefully it's just Bild trying to attract more readers with some fake news [-o<
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:01 am

YlonenXabi wrote:A poor form Neuer is still better than Ulreich in the form of his life

Problem now is that Ulreich is in poor form too, so if that report turns out to be true we are done for the season.

Hopefully it's just Bild trying to attract more readers with some fake news [-o<

I don't know about that...with the exception of his bad gaffe vs Madrid, I think Ulreich under Jupp was (measurably) better than Neuer has been this year....
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 am

RedQueen wrote:Bild (behind the pay wall) is talking about three months he's gonna be sidelined in case this tendon tears completely.

That would mean he'd be out for the season, and knowing our luck probably not even be fit in time for the preseason training.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:54 am

We seriously need to start for a world after Manu...
Start looking for short term alternatives like K.Navas...
Integrate our best prospects ...
And start to scout other options , for instance I like the following ;Onana Oblak Areola
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:54 am

Here is a chance for Christian Früchtl. :D Yes, I know... He would be totally crushed in this team under this coach. :lol: But maybe that's a good moment to Früchtl to introduce himself to the world.

Casillas started at his age, too.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List