You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Seems cautionary. IMO - Neuer will attend as worse case #3 GK for leadership. But considering the season Stegen had :: I wouldn't blame Loew putting Stegen ahead of Neuer. Switch mid Tournament is unlikely

In 2006 Kahn accepted the backup role in a similar situation.
Last edited by Bavarian_Kielbasa on Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Oh, I totally agree, Punk.
It's hard to say either way, but for me it's certainly a "where there's smoke there's fire" type of thing. Perhaps nothing would change with a different staff (I kinda doubt it). But either way it's clear: we should be doing a THOROUGH investigation from top to bottom to see if we are doing absolutely everything we can the best we can to get players healed faster and more effectively.
I'm not even saying our doctors are doing something "wrong" but rather just that medical science advances SO quickly nowadays that it's awfully easy to get left behind. What was "cutting edge" just a few years ago is old news, outdated in today's game.... There's enough of a trend for us to at least be able to say, "hey, this seems odd, we should look into this more".
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 pm

aterford wrote:Oh, I totally agree, Punk.
It's hard to say either way, but for me it's certainly a "where there's smoke there's fire" type of thing. Perhaps nothing would change with a different staff (I kinda doubt it). But either way it's clear: we should be doing a THOROUGH investigation from top to bottom to see if we are doing absolutely everything we can the best we can to get players healed faster and more effectively.
I'm not even saying our doctors are doing something "wrong" but rather just that medical science advances SO quickly nowadays that it's awfully easy to get left behind. What was "cutting edge" just a few years ago is old news, outdated in today's game.... There's enough of a trend for us to at least be able to say, "hey, this seems odd, we should look into this more".
Amen, brother.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm

More great news.

Per sport.de:

"On Thursday, after Neuer completed the first part of team training without any noticeable problems, he left the team early and returned to the dressing room."
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby Fénix » Fri May 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Well, now I know he's definitely out for this season(season is over, one more Matchday and Pokal final and that's it) while he can forget his World Cup chances since he literally missed the whole second part of the season.

I'll be happy if he returns to his best where he was last time he played. This kind of injury could take him away permanently from the football pitch. :|
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Yup... If he’s not back to FULL training by July 1st, I think we should start looking for another goalie...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 pm

#12 wrote:Yup... If he’s not back to FULL training by July 1st, I think we should start looking for another goalie...

we have the legend lurking in the shadows.... :coffee:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Fénix wrote:Well, now I know he's definitely out for this season(season is over, one more Matchday and Pokal final and that's it) while he can forget his World Cup chances since he literally missed the whole second part of the season.

I'll be happy if he returns to his best where he was last time he played. This kind of injury could take him away permanently from the football pitch. :|

He is still doubtful for the Pokal final.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:20 pm

nm462272 wrote:
#12 wrote:Yup... If he’s not back to FULL training by July 1st, I think we should start looking for another goalie...

we have the legend lurking in the shadows.... :coffee:

Must’ve missed something here...?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:33 pm

the one, the only Tom Starke :coffee:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Not gonna play much longer I guess
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

#12 wrote:Not gonna play much longer I guess

With Starke, you never know.

My theory is that he's started a collection of those bouquets they present to players on the last match for the club.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sat May 12, 2018 6:20 pm

He was jumping and running today... not that it means much.

I seriously think Neuer would be better off skipping the World Cup and getting some professional medical treatment in USA or Australia.

He has next season to look forward to and then there will be Euro 2020. IMO, His career should take priority!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat May 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Zero games in 2018. If he’s selected for the final squad it will be purely on past reputation.

I hope he’s selected on how well he does in Die Mannschaft’s training camp rather than his past accomplishments. He has only one game against Austria to show what’s he got before the final squad is announced.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Well, he definitely needs to be in the final list as Trapp is a calamity. Whether he starts or not is a different story.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List