You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 pm

I saw his recent interview and there was something that bothered me. Yes he might be able to run at a 100% right now but he said he still can’t do the stuff with his left foot that he should be able to.

Massive mistake on his part to not get operated last April itself and an even bigger mistake spending his rehab months in the cold European winter (He himself said that going to Thailand was better because of the sunlight and weather)

I think Neuer’s career is more important than anything else. He should take all the time he wants. I would be totally fine with him coming back in late August. If he misses the WC then so be it. Neuer already has a WC winners medal and then there is Euro 2020 to look forward to as well. The BL & CL takes place every year. Ter Stegen is a more than decent GK and has been Barcelona’s Number 1 for two years now. Also, Löw screwed up big time by not selecting Ulreich for the Brazil friendly.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Neuer said that if he suffers another leg injury, it would probably be career-ending
IMO he should refrain in playing before next August.
I am sure that an opponent will try something to injure him

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

If he doesn't play again this season, he might as well retire IMO. If he takes that long he'd struggle to compete with Ulreich. I think it's critical for him to play ASAP to save his career. Otherwise I'd simply prefer him to retire, I can't bear the sight of him coming back and not being a superhuman.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Expecting Neuer to come back at the end of April and then straight away get involved in CL/Pokal KO games and even BL games (when Bayern could be facing rivals battling to stay up) is unrealistic. As someone else said, won't be too bad if he gets a game or two for the second team.

No way is Neuer gonna be upto his same level when he returns. He has to gradually play his way into the first team and slowly get back to his best. He is 32 and still has some years left at the top. IMO, Neuer must not jeopardize his career for the sake of the WC. It would suck that he won't be available in the latter CL rounds for Bayern and it would suck even more with him not being with the German NT in Russia, but everyone involved should keep an eye on the bigger picture and that is Manuel’s career.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:04 pm

America USA wrote:Expecting Neuer to come back at the end of April and then straight away get involved in CL/Pokal KO games and even BL games (when Bayern could be facing rivals battling to stay up) is unrealistic. As someone else said, won't be too bad if he gets a game or two for the second team.

No way is Neuer gonna be upto his same level when he returns. He has to gradually play his way into the first team and slowly get back to his best. He is 32 and still has some years left at the top. IMO, Neuer must not jeopardize his career for the sake of the WC. It would suck that he won't be available in the latter CL rounds for Bayern and it would suck even more with him not being with the German NT in Russia, but everyone involved should keep an eye on the bigger picture and that is Manuel’s career.
At 32 this might be his last WC (second to last maybe). Plus this is a WC for which Germany ought to be considered heavy favorites. On top of that, Bayern is unlikely to get as good a chance to win the CL after this season (due to aging of the squad, getting a sh!t coach most likely and a lack of proper planning in squad building).

Talking about saving his career by sacrificing this season is nonesense IMO.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Agree to disagree. If Germany participate in the 2022 Qatar WC then Neuer should be there. Plus Neuer will have Euro 2020 to play for as well.

And I really don’t understand this aging squad bullshit. Only Robbery are the aging ones who need to be replaced.

Also do you guys seriously think Neuer will be back to his former best if he started playing at the start of May? I know Manuel is a terrific athlete and a supreme player but at the end of the day he is human and it will take him some games to find his old form back.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:59 pm

America USA wrote:Agree to disagree. If Germany participate in the 2022 Qatar WC then Neuer should be there. Plus Neuer will have Euro 2020 to play for as well.

And I really don’t understand this aging squad bullshit. Only Robbery are the aging ones who need to be replaced.

Also do you guys seriously think Neuer will be back to his former best if he started playing at the start of May? I know Manuel is a terrific athlete and a supreme player but at the end of the day he is human and it will take him some games to find his old form back.
No. Robbery are ALREADY aged beyond use (Robben might still have some use, but he is no longer WC). I'm talking about the rest of the squad; Hummels, Boa, Lewy, Müller, Vidal, Javi. They are at their prime now, but are also closing in 30 at which point they will start to decline. They still have a a good 3-4 seasons left probably, but it's not like they have forever. That's the core of the squad (arguably minus Vidal).

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Messi is 30. Has he declined? No. In modern football age is just a number. It is the overall fitness and injury history of a player that have a more significant effect. It is only when your age starts showing that there is a problem. Ribery stands out in this regard and Robben too is not the same guy he was couple of seasons ago. Right now Bayern are well covered in almost every position except the wings and backup RB.

Also, why didn’t you (or MUTU for that matter) address this:
America USA wrote:Also do you guys seriously think Neuer will be back to his former best if he started playing at the start of May? I know Manuel is a terrific athlete and a supreme player but at the end of the day he is human and it will take him some games to find his old form back.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:18 am

America USA wrote:Messi is 30. Has he declined? No. In modern football age is just a number. It is the overall fitness and injury history of a player that have a more significant effect. It is only when your age starts showing that there is a problem. Ribery stands out in this regard and Robben too is not the same guy he was couple of seasons ago. Right now Bayern are well covered in almost every position except the wings and backup RB.

America USA wrote:Also do you guys seriously think Neuer will be back to his former best if he started playing at the start of May? I know Manuel is a terrific athlete and a supreme player but at the end of the day he is human and it will take him some games to find his old form back.
Well, yeah, but guys like Javi and BOATENG don't have the best injury records... And now Lewy seemingly wants to leave. In whatever case, after 30 players usually start to decline (not saying it will happen, but it's a major risk). It's not just our squads decline that worries me anyway, it also that other teams are improving at an alarmingly fast rate (shitty, PSG, even arsenal and Liverpool). I find it seriously unlikely that we will be able to compete for the CL in 1 or 2 seasons. Not now that we are likely to get an underwhelming coach.

I didn't address the red part simply because I don't know. Maybe, maybe not, but stating that he's better off skipping the WC and current season apriori is not reasonable IMO. If he can't comeback at his top level, then that's that and there's nothing that can be done to help it. But, if he can, he's better off doing it.

PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 am

If he can't get back to his former best in May, how would waiting till July/August instead help? The sooner he's back, the likelier he would return to his best and the faster too. The only way it could be worse is if he suffers a recurrence.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Manuel Neuer

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:41 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:Messi is 30. Has he declined? No. In modern football age is just a number. It is the overall fitness and injury history of a player that have a more significant effect. It is only when your age starts showing that there is a problem. Ribery stands out in this regard and Robben too is not the same guy he was couple of seasons ago. Right now Bayern are well covered in almost every position except the wings and backup RB.

Well, yeah, but guys like Javi and BOATENG don't have the best injury records... And now Lewy seemingly wants to leave. In whatever case, after 30 players usually start to decline (not saying it will happen, but it's a major risk). It's not just our squads decline that worries me anyway, it also that other teams are improving at an alarmingly fast rate (shitty, PSG, even arsenal and Liverpool). I find it seriously unlikely that we will be able to compete for the CL in 1 or 2 seasons. Not now that we are likely to get an underwhelming coach.

I didn't address the red part simply because I don't know. Maybe, maybe not, but stating that he's better off skipping the WC and current season apriori is not reasonable IMO. If he can't comeback at his top level, then that's that and there's nothing that can be done to help it. But, if he can, he's better off doing it.

Don’t say that, they‘ll shit all over you if you claim we‘re going downhill
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Na endlich ist er wieder da und rennt! Glückwünch zum Geburtstag Kapitän! :) :cheers:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Box to Box goalkeeper :coffee:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 am

Nice to see him back on the field.

However, I hope he takes this one step at a time. He should play a couple of Bayern II games before having a sub appearance in the BL. Throwing him straight into a First team game is asking for trouble.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Neuer trained with the ball today for the first time since his injury.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List