You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Discussions about the injury situation at the club. Who's out injured for the next match? Who's almost recovered from his long-term injury? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:Better skip the tournament because I don't know if he can return in top form in so short time.

Why are you contradicting yourself? If you don't know if he can return to top form, why do you want him to skip the tournament? If you were completely sure that he couldn't possibly return to top form, then yes by all means you should wish he skips the tournament. However, if you aren't sure (and I think nobody is really sure) then it should be a wait-and-see game. If he returns to top form, then he should be #1. If he doesn't return to top form, then he shouldn't be #1. It's that simple. The decision doesn't need to be taken on 20th February. It can be taken on 17th June at 16:00 CEST (1 hour before kick-off of the first World Cup match).
One cannot be on top after a year without touching a football... impossible...
Loew and JH are trying to lift his moral that's all.
He should just be the reserve of MATS

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Should I bring up a list of cases of players who came back from a length injury and immediately started winning MOTM? Also, he doesn't need to be "on top". He just needs to be better than MATS. When Neuer's on form, he can be better than MATS even with one hand tied behind his back. At 80% form, he's better than MATS in my books. IMO if he is in full training at least 2-3 weeks before the start of the World Cup, he has a realistic chance of being the #1 at the tournament. If he comes back any time in March, only a fresh injury can realistically keep him off the #1 spot, I'd say.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 am

Assuming that Neuer is back by mid-April, If he can resume full team training shortly after the Pokal Semifinal against Leverkusen then IMO he will be selected for the WC.

Will he be ready for potential CL last four KO games is a different question.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 am

Has he ruled out a return in March? maybe just before April??
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Has he ruled out a return in March? maybe just before April??

As far as I know, nothing is ruled out. There is just no comeback date, therefore we can assume he won't be returning today or tomorrow :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:17 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Forget about Neuer this year, we have been stabilized with Ulreich all this long and we have progressed very well with him in every competition, we have clinched Bundesliga already. Neuer is Neuer but he should aim for the World Cup, we're already in the QF of Champions League and still we don't know his condition, only that "he is on schedule" and nobody knows when this schedule ends...

It hurts me to say that but I have deleted Neuer for this Bayern season and I only want him to be fit & healthy for the World Cup and for the next season with us since Ulreich is performing that good I want a 100% Neuer fit to replace him, with Ancelotti and Ulreich playing like a cone back then I would even take an one-arm Neuer, now I fear a possible shakedown until he finds his rhythm and the timing is bad, we're approaching a phase that we're going all-in with no hesitation.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Transfermarkt now says that Manuel will be back on April 19. That sounds about right and as I had predicted that he would be back somewhere in mid/late April.

If Neuer can join team training after the Pokal Semifinal by April 20 then there is an outside chance that he could play for Bayern in the (potential) CL SF second leg and surely by the (potential) Final.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:36 pm

America USA wrote:Transfermarkt now says that Manuel will be back on April 19. That sounds about right and as I had predicted that he would be back somewhere in mid/late April.

If Neuer can join team training after the Pokal Semifinal by April 20 then there is an outside chance that he could play for Bayern in the (potential) CL SF second leg and surely by the (potential) Final.

There is no way to gain so much match fitness in such a short time,and i don't think he will be ready to play a CL semi-final 7-10 days after his potencial debut against Hannover on 21.04 or 28.04 against Eintracht. You can't be at 100 % in your first games when you've been injured for 260+ days with metatarsal fracture. This is some serious shit.

He must be eventually at 100 % in potencial final game at the end of may (26.05).
IsiahRashad
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
America USA wrote:Transfermarkt now says that Manuel will be back on April 19. That sounds about right and as I had predicted that he would be back somewhere in mid/late April.

There is no way to gain so much match fitness in such a short time,and i don't think he will be ready to play a CL semi-final 7-10 days after his potencial debut against Hannover on 21.04 or 28.04 against Eintracht. You can't be at 100 % in your first games when you've been injured for 260+ days with metatarsal fracture. This is some serious shit.

He must be eventually at 100 % in potencial final game at the end of may (26.05).

If he's physically fit and only match unfit, I'd still play him in a CL semifinal. It's Neuer. Ulreich has been great in his absence, but Neuer is simply out of this world.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

It would be unfair for Ulreich, but Neuer is Neuer.

I'm also worried about him not being match fit. But on the other hand it's not like he's been sitting on his sofa eating cookies for 12 months. He's been doing rehab and all kind of exercises
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Neymar will be ready for the second match in the world cup group phase

... with an injury comparable to Neuer's. Thanks a lot, Bayern doctors!

Blaming the Bayern doctors might not be totally correct. Neuer should’ve underwent the surgery the first time around he broke his leg in Madrid. Him not undergoing surgery after that was wrong and he reinjured that same foot five months later in September. Whoever took that decision to not operate him last April (whether Carlo or doctors or Manuel himself) is the chief culprit.

As for Neymar recovering by the WC, two things to note. He is younger so his body will be producing more HGH and in theory he should recover faster and also the smart guy left for Brazil for treatment/rehab where it is warmer than in Europe. Neuer though spent a good portion of his recovery in the cold winter of Germany.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Neymar will be ready for the second match in the world cup group phase

... with an injury comparable to Neuer's. Thanks a lot, Bayern doctors!

Blaming the Bayern doctors might not be totally correct. Neuer should’ve underwent the surgery the first time around he broke his leg in Madrid. Him not undergoing surgery after that was wrong and he reinjured that same foot five months later in September. Whoever took that decision to not operate him last April (whether Carlo or doctors or Manuel himself) is the chief culprit.

As for Neymar recovering by the WC, two things to note. He is younger so his body will be producing more HGH and in theory he should recover faster and also the smart guy left for Brazil for treatment/rehab where it is warmer than in Europe. Neuer though spent a good portion of his recovery in the cold winter of Germany.
You're making one big assumption here. That Neuer is human. I'm not so sure ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm

At this rate, we'll be lucky if he's fit in time for EURO 2020.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 am

"You'll see if he's on the training ground in early April," Heynckes said.

Via TZ.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Injury List