You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

South Korea will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:22 pm

bartsch wrote:Could someone explain to me how Argentina manage to progress when they actually played much more poorly than Germany? When I saw them make it the day before, I thought for sure Germany could do the same. I didn’t expect them to go far, but to at least save face and make it out of the group.

And what was with the constant passing side to side and backwards all the time? It was like rugby tactics. And to always and only send in garbage crosses? I just don’t understand how this was the plan for every single game! I watch better displays of football from MLS! This debacle literally kept me up all night, I have so many questions and no answers are forthcoming.
I'm honestly on the same page as you. Utterly puzzled about the tactics and performances by both Germany and Bayern. The low tempo, the technical impression, the garbage crossing... I seriously don't understand what is happening.

My first thought would be that it's the coach to blame, but it hasn't been only Löw; it was also Ancelotti and Jupp. Same BS tactics the 3 of them. Maybe it's the players... For some extrange reason they forgot how to play in other ways or think the way they are playing is right...?? I - seriously - don't get it.

Some will blame the players for a lack of quality, but that runs against what we know them to be capable of. There's something weird... Like they were damaged by something. Like they forgot how to play all of a sudden...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bartsch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
bartsch wrote:Could someone explain to me how Argentina manage to progress when they actually played much more poorly than Germany? When I saw them make it the day before, I thought for sure Germany could do the same. I didn’t expect them to go far, but to at least save face and make it out of the group.

And what was with the constant passing side to side and backwards all the time? It was like rugby tactics. And to always and only send in garbage crosses? I just don’t understand how this was the plan for every single game! I watch better displays of football from MLS! This debacle literally kept me up all night, I have so many questions and no answers are forthcoming.
I'm honestly on the same page as you. Utterly puzzled about the tactics and performances by both Germany and Bayern. The low tempo, the technical impression, the garbage crossing... I seriously don't understand what is happening.

My first thought would be that it's the coach to blame, but it hasn't been only Löw; it was also Ancelotti and Jupp. Same BS tactics the 3 of them. Maybe it's the players... For some extrange reason they forgot how to play in other ways or think the way they are playing is right...?? I - seriously - don't get it.

Some will blame the players for a lack of quality, but that runs against what we know them to be capable of. There's something weird... Like they were damaged by something. Like they forgot how to play all of a sudden...

Could it also just be poor luck? Sure, they weren't playing to their potential, but you can't honestly say Korea deserved to win. It was a fluke of a goal on that cross, and the second goal is moot. Even with Mexico, Germany had more shots, possession, corners, passes, etc... at a certain point those numbers that are heavily tilted in Germany's favour in every game should lead to positive results.

In the end, after decades of dominance, for the first time myself and many others feel what every other nation has felt on at least one occasion at the WC with an early, disappointing exit.
bartsch
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:11 pm

I have a theory as to why, but I don't want to beat a dead horse breeder :wink:
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Ahem...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:58 pm

bartsch wrote:Could someone explain to me how Argentina manage to progress when they actually played much more poorly than Germany?

I think it was only fitting that Maradona was there with them on those matches. As I bet no one could understand what was he doing there and what a poor spectacle he was showing.
tflags

Postby America USA » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Seriously I was so optimistic about this game after that hard fought win against Sweden. I thought it gave the team belief and confidence and that we’d win 3-0 or something against a team like South Korea!

Unfortunately Löw lost the plot and once again played Özil and Khedira and started Goretzka as a RW! That idiot cost me money!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:02 pm

This is admittedly not a conclusive replay by any measure, but could the 2nd goal of South Korea have been offside?

The first frame in which you see Son, he is clearly in the German half. If he was already in the German half when the pass was made, he'd have been offside.

Here's another replay, still not conclusive:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Korea made a big favor to Germany...
Brazil would have humiliated them

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:58 pm

MUTU wrote:This is admittedly not a conclusive replay by any measure, but could the 2nd goal of South Korea have been offside?

The first frame in which you see Son, he is clearly in the German half. If he was already in the German half when the pass was made, he'd have been offside.

Here's another replay, still not conclusive:

He was onside. I remember watching a reply during the match and they actually focused on this. He was inside his half.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

MaCk0y wrote:He was onside. I remember watching a reply during the match and they actually focused on this. He was inside his half.

Cheers. Actions like this should put to rest the misconception that Suele is a fast player.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm

MUTU wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:He was onside. I remember watching a reply during the match and they actually focused on this. He was inside his half.

Cheers. Actions like this should put to rest the misconception that Suele is a fast player.

That he couldn’t catch one of the fastest players at the tournament that had a 20 meter head start on him?
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
MUTU wrote:

That he couldn’t catch one of the fastest players at the tournament that had a 20 meter head start on him?

After having played 97 minutes, no less.

One could argue about Süle's acceleration - but in terms of top sprint speed he's by no means slow - one of the top 15 fastest players in league per Kicker
Operation ten Hag 2k20
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:51 pm

MUTU wrote:

What the ****. In that scenario even Usain Bolt wouldn't have caught up.
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:19 am

sherpthederp wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Did you watch the replay on backwards? They were both at the halfway line, in line, when the cross was taken. We once made fun of Robben overtaking Ramos while setting a world speed record in football. Son didn't set any world records and the lead he built over Suele was not even funny.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to German National Team