You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

South Korea will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Postby Ed. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:35 am

270 mins of football and there was one goal from open play off the knee.

That says it all.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:04 am

#12 wrote:Depends... If he drops the ****, ok... But I don’t know if he will... This is nothing short of a catastrophe! And I kinda agree he should take responsibility... But who to appoint?

Anyone will be better at this stage.
From a free flowing team at the end of the qualifiers in 2017 that looked like an improved version of 2014, we got this insipid tiresome sideways passing abomination within a year.

How and why did this happen? Even though the bulk of blame rests solely on the players who underperformed, this should have been measurable and identifiable in training and prep. Players not running at usual top speeds, not covering usual distances etc.

All this on Low''s watch. It's all on him. He has too many strong relationships with players in the team which is understandable since they've been through a lot. Someone with a fresh approach and who follows the same footballing philosophy is needed.

Ozil and Khedira should have not started the Korea game.

He made an unforgivable blunder in the Mexico game at HT by not making any changes. He made some bold decisions in the Sweden game and then in this must win game, he comes out with a brain fart of a lineup. The team then proceeds to put on somehow, even though it seemed impossible, an even worse first half display than the previous 2 games and here comes the kicker, again no f$cking changes at half time !!! The only reason for that can be the players were doing exactly what he asked of them in the first half.

Low has to go. Things will need to get worse before they get better.

You can be forgiven and given a chance again, for a bad decision within a game, 3 bad lineups even consecutively, but he can't be given a second chance for not being aware of these problems for a whole yr when the evidence was seemingly staring everyone in the face during the friendlies but he kept saying there was no issue.

This clearly indicates his has lost his rational, logical and tactical nous.

You can't be given a second chance for undermining 4 yrs of preparation, you simply can't
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:37 am

Is this Özil statistic true ?

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Here is more about the finishing problem.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am

electronicmaji wrote:Jeesh you guys are entitled.

I think it's about time for you to sit a World Cup out. Just like Argentina.

Peru did worse than Germany and their fans are ecstatic.

You've gotten past every group stage since 1938 and all of the sudden you miss one and it's the end of the world.

No one wrote on the face of soccer "Deutschland über alles"

I genuinely disagree with you that Peru did worse. I think they did much better.

It's not about the team losing but about the fact that they didn't even try to win, from the coach to the players. It's like they were playing friendlies not the world cup. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that these were the worst 3 games I've seen Germany play, friendlies aside.

Plenty of teams with fewer points did better in my opinion. Germany were simply atrocious, and could have conceded several more goals in each game.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 am

Bayernbazi wrote:Is this Özil statistic true ?

How many of these shots were 100% clear scoring opportunities? IMO 0.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 am

Oezil should retire from the NT along with Khedira... I have nothing against the latter but he has to make way

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:Oezil should retire from the NT along with Khedira... I have nothing against the latter but he has to make way

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

No. He should just never be called up whether he likes it or not.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 am

MUTU wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:Is this Özil statistic true ?

How many of these shots were 100% clear scoring opportunities? IMO 0.
And the ones that were on target were weak. But the British press seem to be loving quoting the Özil statistic, to show that he is being unjustly singled out.

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:54 am

I mean ozil deserves stick but the cross he put on hummels head, shoulder as it turned out, was without a doubt a clear chance. Cant believe low played khedira and kroos again that worked so well against mexico. Not having germany further in the tournament will be weird but no big miss the way they played.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 pm

electronicmaji wrote:Jeesh you guys are entitled.

I think it's about time for you to sit a World Cup out. Just like Argentina.

Peru did worse than Germany and their fans are ecstatic.

You've gotten past every group stage since 1938 and all of the sudden you miss one and it's the end of the world.

No one wrote on the face of soccer "Deutschland über alles"

It is ridiculous to expect a team who just lifted a WC throphy to perform the same as one who hasn't participated in more than 30 years. The level of expectations are simply different.

It's like saying you don't understand how can Panama can possibly celebrate their maiden goal in a WC even going six goals down vs England.
tflags

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Mueller is the worst player in this World Cup. He's become an amateur player.

Always been. If he had started his career at Gelsenkirchen, he would never have made it out of the academy.
Right, right... He must have scored 10 goals in 2 World Cups be blind dumb chance. Those probably were gifted to him.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Ed. wrote:How and why did this happen? Even though the bulk of blame rests solely on the players who underperformed, this should have been measurable and identifiable in training and prep. Players not running at usual top speeds, not covering usual distances etc.

He made an unforgivable blunder in the Mexico game at HT by not making any changes. He made some bold decisions in the Sweden game and then in this must win game, he comes out with a brain fart of a lineup. The team then proceeds to put on somehow, even though it seemed impossible, an even worse first half display than the previous 2 games and here comes the kicker, again no f$cking changes at half time !!! The only reason for that can be the players were doing exactly what he asked of them in the first half.

This is what just blows my mind. The Mexico game was a debacle and Löw clearly didn't do enough. To his credit though: he made some pretty big changes and - while it took a last gasp goal from Kroos - I think it's fair to say that the team performed much better vs Sweden than Mexico. So what does Löw do vs Korea? He goes and reverts nearly all the positive changes he'd made!!! I just can't comprehend it!!

I agree with you regarding the fitness thing, too. Seemed to be off the pace from kickoff. Should I point out that Germany and Bayern share some medical and training staff? :wink:
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby bartsch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Could someone explain to me how Argentina manage to progress when they actually played much more poorly than Germany? When I saw them make it the day before, I thought for sure Germany could do the same. I didn’t expect them to go far, but to at least save face and make it out of the group.

And what was with the constant passing side to side and backwards all the time? It was like rugby tactics. And to always and only send in garbage crosses? I just don’t understand how this was the plan for every single game! I watch better displays of football from MLS! This debacle literally kept me up all night, I have so many questions and no answers are forthcoming.
bartsch
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Hardrade » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Löw is the german Venger, that’s the problem
Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Fénix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:53 pm

bartsch wrote:Could someone explain to me how Argentina manage to progress when they actually played much more poorly than Germany?

Referee Çakir did his homework with A+ and his job against Nigeria was awesome. He took care for Messi's presence in the K.O. stage and fappers shall be able to play with their monkeys in the pants. :mrgreen:
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team