You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:00 pm

South Korea will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2018-06-27] South Korea vs Germany

Postby GoatHCW » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

nhanphan1990 wrote:It's the hunger that was lacking. I think Hector is decent. Muller is not himself anymore playing outwide. I think Oezil was pretty decent today, every ball moves through him. And why don't we start talking abt Low? I mean it's him who got the gameplan wrong for all 3 games, and it was him who could not, or would not, motivate the players.

I blame Low

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Low went into this game with everything on the line and started Khedira.

That tells me everything I need to know about where the blame lies
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

aterford wrote:Well, people can act surprised, and admittedly didn't expect it to be at the hands of S Korea...but this was a LONG time coming. So many deficiencies in this squad.
On the plus side, nice restful summer for most Bayern players...
And TBH there are a LOT of players who should never wear the DFB kit in a competitive match again...

Not surprising at all. Except for Saudi Arabia, Panama, Poland, and Tunisia, Germany were the worst team in the WC. Teams like Iran played better. That's the truth.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Very poor. To me it looked like many of our top players didn't really want to put in the effort. I'm not sure it's time to change much, coaching or personnel wise, but the hunger is clearly not there. The build up play is very slow and Germany needs some dynamism. For me Werner cannot lead an attack for Germany. He's clearly not a striker. Gomez is a much better striker then him (not saying that Gomez is a great striker, but Werner is just not a striker). I think that Wagner would've done better then Werner. Löw wants us to cross high balls into the penalty area and we have Werner to finish them. Werner is a poor header and is most of the time not in the penalty box.

We have many creative players, but only Kroos created something during these three games. Özil for me is not a starter for Germany any more. His body language and prima donna style of play is not what Germany needs.

Müller was very poor and was rightfully benched for this game. When he came on he was very poor. I was very disappointed in his performance.

On the plus side Germany has a new starter at the CB position. Süle was great in this match. Very secure on the ball, good passing and made several crucial interceptions. Neuer also looked good in these games. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I only feel sorry for Hummels, the only player who tried today both in defence and attack.

On days like this I'm thankful I'm not German and care less and less about the German NT. I won't lie, I'm sad about it, but it doesn't even come close to Bayern's elimination from the CL or even some unexpected losses.

Condolences to the Germans. It feels like the appropriate word. Big changes are needed. This WC is all on Löw. Some players sucked but it's his fault for playing them.

I was a firm believer in 2014... First time I bought a jersey in like 20 years... Before the tournament, no WC winners badge...
This year, I was ok with not winning it... Wanted to go far though or at least not be embarrassed... Embarrassment is a state I desire fir the next few weeks...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 pm

I'd say only 4 players had a good WC

Kimmich, Hummels, Suele and Brandt

Everybody else was either average, rubbish or f*cking pathetic

And believe it or not, I think the team missed Boateng sooo much especially in the last 15 minutes.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby swarkzero » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 pm

The idiot played Goretzka on the wing =D>
Plus he takes him and Khedira around 60th minute for Muller and Gomez,total disbalance,only Kroos in the middle.
This exit is probably for the better,go earlier on holiday and not get smacked by Brazil.
If(when) Serbia lose tonight,worst ever day for me.
LOW OUT
swarkzero
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm

But looking at the bright side, this is gonna be good for Bayern

Players will be more hungry for trophies and they will have time to rest in summer. Last time Germany won the WC and it was shit for us in terms of injuries and players coming back from holidays with the season already started
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:But looking at the bright side, this is gonna be good for Bayern

Players will be more hungry for trophies and they will have time to rest in summer. Last time Germany won the WC and it was shit for us in terms of injuries and players coming back from holidays with the season already started

Oh please... We will probably win Bundesliga anyway... We have no shot at the CL whatsoever and non-players like Müller "play" for us too... What trophies do you need them hungry for? Audi-Cup?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby swarkzero » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:40 pm

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:But looking at the bright side, this is gonna be good for Bayern

Oh please... We will probably win Bundesliga anyway... We have no shot at the CL whatsoever and non-players like Müller "play" for us too... What trophies do you need them hungry for? Audi-Cup?

Telekom Cup last year was 15th July,we sure don't want Vidal at CB against Werder Bremen :lol: Smart move by Low.
swarkzero
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:41 pm

JL avoided the once proud Nation called Alemania / Germania a further embarrassment next Tue vs Brazil...

I am still in shock although half of me was expecting it...

The selection was shit... the starting line ups were shit... the atmosphere was shit thanks to the Turks in the team... no leaders... no chemistry...

Biggest mistakes... Neuer should have never been #1
The Turks shouldn't have been called
Sane... ideal man to unlock defensive teams was left home...
A tiger like Wagner was left home instead a finished player called Gomez was called...

Reus is shit mo matter what you say...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm

I'm not so confident it's good for Bayern...hungry? Maybe....longer time to train/rest, I guess....but as I said elsewhere, I think Bayern and Germany tend to mirror each other, to a degree....

Löw plays Khedira and Özil, brings Gomez ahead of Wagner, etc when a win is needed....we are off extending Robben, Ribery, etc...
Löw brings his old chums to fill out his staff...and we hire a bunch of the good ol' boys to fill out ours.

Perhaps it will end up being a positive, but I won't be too surprised if 18/19 for Bayern closely resembles Germany's 2018 WC...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GoatHCW » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm

When the Euro's come around I want to see a completely different team.

Enough with the passing around and then crossing it in praying for something to happen (we see that too much already with Bayern). Let's use are youth and speed to our advantage
Last edited by GoatHCW on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:44 pm

This...
Thank you Loew... thank you

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:44 pm

#12 wrote: We have no shot at the CL whatsoever

We had a shot this year. VAR would have definitely sent us through to the final
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 pm

GoatHCW wrote:When the Euro's come around I want to see a completely different team.

Enough with the passing around and then crossing it in praying for something to happen (we see that too much already with Bayern). Let's use are youth and speed to our advantage
Ter Stegen should be #1 from now on...
A new coach is needed asap...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team