You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Netherlands will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-10-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:42 am

sausages national team
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Good thing is that there were no Özil or Gündogan to make the scapegoat for the loss yesterday :)

Löw has been a perfect fit for this team for so long, but it's time to say goodbye. His latest experiments show that he is clueless at the moment and the team is done

The NT needs a change and a coach who can integrate new young players. I would like to see Kuntz replacing Löw
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

All of the old guard let Germany down yesterday. Boateng was a mess. Hummels with some dubious runs forward found himself in some bad positioning and missed the train on the way back. Neuer, at least to some outlets, looked shaky and uncomfortable. All of this while Draxler was directly responsible for losing two balls with the entire team forward looking for an equalizer.

I said it in another thread that I also found it curious Kimmich had to cover for both zones of middle third on a few occasions while Kroos was doing his thing upfront but failing to track back. Both of them, nonetheless, had some very clever key passes which generated the best chances for Germany on the 2H.

I did not think Mueller had a bad game and tbh Werner is simply too wasteful to be played as an inside winger aka false niner. Mueller, on the box, is a better alternative. Muller, the spaceseeker, is a nice way of saying he's invisible. He doesn't belong outside the box.

Germany should switch back to a three man midfield just to stabilize things for the next couple of games until it can find its balance on defense and somehow find a way to keep possession on attack. That team which went to the pitch and scored four before you felt the need to go to the bathroom is long gone. In its place, there's a team unsure of the coaching staff, with a pair of central defenders you simply can't rely on (poor Hummels, Boateng's performances are so bad he can't help but get wet with that splash) and with a keeper recovering from a bad car crash.

I think this patient needs a new doctor. Not because he needs a new medicine, but because he needs a new voice of comfort.
tflags

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:05 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Good thing is that there were no Özil or Gündogan to make the scapegoat for the loss yesterday :)

Löw has been a perfect fit for this team for so long, but it's time to say goodbye. His latest experiments show that he is clueless at the moment and the team is done

The NT needs a change and a coach who can integrate new young players. I would like to see Kuntz replacing Löw
Oezil scapegoat

Sure, sure...

Oezil killed himself (or was killed) when he left Real
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby icewizard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:03 pm

I just watched the highlights right now... To be honest, it's a very harsh result... But sometimes football goes the wrong way...

I'm still not understanding why it doesn't work out... But we have to see the goals we scored between 2006 and 2014 (many on the break and direct) and what we're trying to do since 2016 (more possession game)... And there is a BIG difference...

Still very worried and not comfortable for the team. They are making me really sad right now.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm

I said after the World Cup Fiasco: it was time to drop most senior players, it would have worked out better to leave only the spine of the team in place bring in the pool of the next 2 World Cup Cycles (players younger than 25) and start the process with them, then let players like Muller, Boateng, Hector concentrate in regaining their form at club level and bring them when they hit top form.

There are some positives from this terrible game: a more direct style that generated clear chances. The two big negatives is that Germany still does not have a finisher and that the defense leaks all over the place so in an open game it exposes the shortcomings of the back four while in the possession type of football in hides behind the useless ball rotation. Low has a lot of work to do in the back while he needs more luck up front since there is no genuine No.9 in Germany at the moment.

Besides the problems in the back there is a mentality problem in the whole team, after playing possession low tempo football they are now told to play more direct and they are making silly mistakes, that explains Draxler's absurd move, he was rushing a transition, even worst was a Boateng pass to the opponent right in front of him although he got lucky.

Best thing that can happen to Germany is that they get trashed by France, Low is sacked and the team is relegated in the Nation League and the new coach starts the rebuilding process bringing in younger players; but I am under the impression that he is going to get lucky vs France and win 0:1, or tie and he will not get fired.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Jorge wrote:I said after the World Cup Fiasco: it was time to drop most senior players, it would have worked out better to leave only the spine of the team in place bring in the pool of the next 2 World Cup Cycles (players younger than 25) and start the process with them, then let players like Muller, Boateng, Hector concentrate in regaining their form at club level and bring them when they hit top form.

There are some positives from this terrible game: a more direct style that generated clear chances. The two big negatives is that Germany still does not have a finisher and that the defense leaks all over the place so in an open game it exposes the shortcomings of the back four while in the possession type of football in hides behind the useless ball rotation. Low has a lot of work to do in the back while he needs more luck up front since there is no genuine No.9 in Germany at the moment.

Besides the problems in the back there is a mentality problem in the whole team, after playing possession low tempo football they are now told to play more direct and they are making silly mistakes, that explains Draxler's absurd move, he was rushing a transition, even worst was a Boateng pass to the opponent right in front of him although he got lucky.

Best thing that can happen to Germany is that they get trashed by France, Low is sacked and the team is relegated in the Nation League and the new coach starts the rebuilding process bringing in younger players; but I am under the impression that he is going to get lucky vs France and win 0:1, or tie and he will not get fired.
No , Ger will get trashed and will remain in his comfortable seat...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:sausages national team

They're the Wurst

Sorry :oops:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to German National Team