You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Netherlands will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Germany will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-10-13] Netherlands vs Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Roonzil wrote:Btw, don't forget...if Löw gets fired, who do you think our board will ask if we let go of Kovac. :coffee:

Literally the only reason why I don't want Löw fired.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Btw, don't forget...if Löw gets fired, who do you think our board will ask if we let go of Kovac. :coffee:

Yep, 100%. As soon as Kovac is gone and we have a suitable replacement? By all means sack Löw. But don't wanna see him go first.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soul-railgun777 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

gumboduncan wrote:It was a clear penalty when Ginter was fouled. But that isn't the big deal tonight. This is the first time I've said this. Jogi Löw needs to resign. His path is finished with this team. They will never regain their former status with Löw at the helm. This team needs a new start.

A new coach needs to replace few players. Boateng is done, for us and for Germany. What a poor performance from him tonight. Germany needs to play Kimmich as a RB and replace Hector with Philipp Max at LB. Hummels was poor tonight but I would not replace him.

Leroy Sané needs to start every game. Germany can't afford having him on the bench. He's the most dangerous attacking player Germany have. It's that simple. Werner needs to play striker because Germany don't have any other striker that is at this level and that's very sad.

My lineup is this; Experience and youth.

Neuer

Kimmich Hummels Sule Max

Kroos Goretzka

Müller Havertz Sané

Werner

No more Müller in the RW plz.
soul-railgun777
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 pm

soul-railgun777 wrote:No more Müller in the RW plz.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. Sadly guys like Löw and gumboduncan seem t forget that saying and want to STILL persist with Muller on the RW #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:41 pm

aterford wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

Yep, 100%. As soon as Kovac is gone and we have a suitable replacement? By all means sack Löw. But don't wanna see him go first.

At this rate, France crushes Germany 5-0 or 6-0 on Tuesday. Surely that’ll be the end of Löw at the NT!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Roonzil wrote:HOLLAND!! HOLLAND!! HOLLAND!! HOLLAND!!
Congrats
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Oh... you are right....

May Loew stay put
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm

America USA wrote:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. Sadly guys like Löw and gumboduncan seem t forget that saying and want to STILL persist with Muller on the RW #-o

With a proper RB like Kimmich, Müller has more room to roam into the middle. The hate for Müller from some of you guys is astonishing. He had the most assist in the Bundesliga last season and played pretty well for the most part. Yet, to some of you guys he rubbish. That's sad IMO. Yes, he's not the best RW in today's game, but who should Germany play there? Brandt? Reus? Maybe Gnabry? IMO they don't bring what Müller brings to the team.

If Germany had a real striker, like Lewandowski or Kane, then it would be much easier for Müller to be his best. IMO the striker problem for Germany is really hurting Müller at the moment.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:11 pm

gumboduncan wrote:
America USA wrote:

With a proper RB like Kimmich, Müller has more room to roam into the middle. The hate for Müller from some of you guys is astonishing. He had the most assist in the Bundesliga last season and played pretty well for the most part. Yet, to some of you guys he rubbish. That's sad IMO. Yes, he's not the best RW in today's game, but who should Germany play there? Brandt? Reus? Maybe Gnabry? IMO they don't bring what Müller brings to the team.

If Germany had a real striker, like Lewandowski or Kane, then it would be much easier for Müller to be his best. IMO the striker problem for Germany is really hurting Müller at the moment.

With a proper RW, Kimmich at RB won’t have to always bomb forward leaving acres of space behind for counterattacking opponents to exploit! :roll:

Yes those other players don’t bring the stuff Muller brings to the table but they bring dynamism, pace, verticality and dribbling! The attributes that are far more important in the modern game than some astrophysical “raumdeuter” thing that requires other factors to be in place for his ability to show.

I was the biggest Muller fan here not too long ago but this World Cup and the games after that have made me realize the reality that modern football has left Muller behind and he’s a liability in the modern game.

Some of you need to take off your rose tinted specs when it comes to Muller and Boateng and need to accept the bitter truth about these formerly excellent players!

Also Muller plays at RW almost all the time with Bayern and we have Kimmich at RB and Lewandowski at CF here and guess what? He still doesn’t impact the game as he once could!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Pips » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:22 pm

gumboduncan wrote:who should Germany play there? Brandt? Reus? Maybe Gnabry? IMO they don't bring what Müller brings to the team.

Yes Lewandowski would help with his latest form :lol:

IMHO Muller, Boateng, Hummels, Kroos, Khedira and few other players are done, Neuer needs rest...

America USA wrote:Looks like he wants to join his long time colleague Boateng in National retirement and wants to out-Boateng Boateng!

Mats Hummels after the game: "It's a question of chance conversion. We lose 3-0 in a match which we have to win in my opinion."

He wanted to score :lol:
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:33 pm

This competition seems to be one where the feelings of disappointment at failing are stronger than the feelings of happiness at success. If Germany were doing well I'd be happy but not euphoric like winning a major tournament. But after that defeat I feel every bit as angry and despondent as the day they lost to Korea. Perhaps it's the realisation that it isn't just a blip. Germany are in a full blown crisis which will take years to recover from. Forget about challenging for Euro 2020 and WC 2022. The earliest they can challenge again is Euro 2024 and even then it will probably be a surprise run to the sf like last time the country hosted a tournament.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Lukas wrote:This competition seems to be one where the feelings of disappointment at failing are stronger than the feelings of happiness at success. If Germany were doing well I'd be happy but not euphoric like winning a major tournament. But after that defeat I feel every bit as angry and despondent as the day they lost to Korea. Perhaps it's the realisation that it isn't just a blip. Germany are in a full blown crisis which will take years to recover from. Forget about challenging for Euro 2020 and WC 2022. The earliest they can challenge again is Euro 2024 and even then it will probably be a surprise run to the sf like last time the country hosted a tournament in 2006.

This is an exaggeration imo. Yes this is a crisis but most of it can be remedied by better management. Löw is stubborn and keeps selecting his favored guys all the time. His tactical stubbornness and favoritism are the biggest factors in the disastrous 2018 so far.

Germany has the talent pool unlike back in 1998-2006 but the Bundestrainer has lost the plot who keeps selecting the same has beens and has been playing the same system for years now. He tried something fresh in the Confed Cup and it worked but since then he’s just completely lost the plot with his ultra high lines and obsession with possession while at the same time sticking in his “trusted” men in the squad. FFS this guy took a bench warming goalkeeper (Trapp) at the World Cup!

The talent is there but Löw is not the right man to take this team forward now. I really hope France puts Germany to the sword so that the DFB finally does the right thing and sack him. He’s too arrogant to resign on his own. His time with the German NT is very similar to Wenger’s reign at Arsenal and I don’t mean that in a positive way.

Germany can do well at the next Euro but for that to happen Löw needs to be ousted and a lot of the old guard needs to be moved on.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:03 am

It's not Kovac, it's not Low, it's not Ancelotti, it's not Pep. It's the players. They all have lost motivation, hunger, form, everything. We just need a new generation with Kimmich being the leader. He was fucking fuming after tha match while the others didn't seem to give a shit at all.

Also, Muller needs to go.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 am

shpati_L1 wrote:It's not Kovac, it's not Low, it's not Ancelotti, it's not Pep. It's the players. They all have lost motivation, hunger, form, everything. We just need a new generation with Kimmich being the leader. He was **** fuming after tha match while the others didn't seem to give a shit at all.

Also, Muller needs to go.

This is half true. Yes many of the old guard players have lost their drive. Also aging has slowed them down and they’ve deteriorated.

Kroos, Neuer and Hummels are the only players who started in the 2014 final whom I would keep with the NT going forward but even then their selection should be based on form and no one should be a guaranteed undisputed starter.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby bmguy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 am

Germany need to sack Loew for a new idea, he's finished after WC2018. He's dumb enough to weaken the flair of the attacking force by using Ginter and Schulz on fullbacks and didn't call up Max or even Wieser to fill in the hole that Kimmich left behind. The midfield with Kroos, kimmich and Can is pathetically slow and lacks creativity. Mueller must be dropped in both NT and Bayern first team to give him an awake warning.

IMO, Uth should be given more chance as he's our only proper striker at the moment. So for the next match against France, it might be not enough as we don't have creative midfielder but as least try something

------Sane---------Uth----------Brandt/Gnabry

---Draxler----------Kroos----------Sule

---Hector-----Hummels ----Kehrer----Kimmich

-------------------Stegen

or

--------------------------Uth

----Sane-----------Gnabry-----------Brandt

----------Kroos-------------Rudy/Can

---Hector-----Kehrer-----Sule--Kimmich

--------------Stegen

Gnabry used to play well as AMC last season, so give him a chance in that position.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team