You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-09-08] Iceland vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:45 pm

Iceland will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
33%
Germany will win
67%

Total votes : 3

[2021-09-08] Iceland vs Germany

Postby MatchBot » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:15 pm

Iceland vs Germany
Iceland vs Germany
Competition: 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying
Venue: Laugardalsvöllur, Reykjavík

Previous encounters:
  • [2021-03-25] Germany 3 - 0 Iceland (2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying)

MatchBot
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2021-09-08] Iceland vs Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:34 am

If Ger fails to get the three pts here things will re complicate
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:11 am

ramsej84 wrote:If Ger fails to get the three pts here things will re complicate

But if Germany wins comfortably and keeps a clean sheet then it's going to be an excellent start for Mr. Flick and further proof that Löw was one of the biggest reason behind Germany's struggles.

Anyways I'd like to see this starting XI:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:41 am

Its still just Liechtenstein, Armenia and a pretty poor Iceland lately.. If anyone really wants to make an assumption just because of this group if Flick really can turn it around or not.. well..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby archymen » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Why so much negativity here? Last game was superb. The whole team looked amazing, transition, offence, defence - everything. Now some are crying that it was just Armenia blablabla... This was their 1st loss in 5 game.

With Low we lost to North Macedonia and most games were painful to watch (no matter how weak opponents were).

And it's just Hansi's 3rd game as NT coach.. So far 2 games, 2 wins. 8:0 GA ratio. All we need is to win. It doesn't matter if we win France, England or Armenia right now as long as we get points and advance for WC.
archymen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:11 pm

archymen wrote:Why so much negativity here? Last game was superb. The whole team looked amazing, transition, offence, defence - everything. Now some are crying that it was just Armenia blablabla... This was their 1st loss in 5 game.

With Low we lost to North Macedonia and most games were painful to watch (no matter how weak opponents were).

And it's just Hansi's 3rd game as NT coach.. So far 2 games, 2 wins. 8:0 GA ratio. All we need is to win. It doesn't matter if we win France, England or Armenia right now as long as we get points and advance for WC.

Because people are happy with a 6-0 over Armenia, which actually should be the standard with the quality the players for the German NT have.. if that is the German standard now to be excited about 6-0 vs Armenia, please dont even go to the WC 2022 because it will be an even bigger embarrassment.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
archymen wrote:Why so much negativity here? Last game was superb. The whole team looked amazing, transition, offence, defence - everything. Now some are crying that it was just Armenia blablabla... This was their 1st loss in 5 game.

Because people are happy with a 6-0 over Armenia, which actually should be the standard with the quality the players for the German NT have.. if that is the German standard now to be excited about 6-0 vs Armenia, please dont even go to the WC 2022 because it will be an even bigger embarrassment.

Precisely and that's what the other user and I are saying. People are excited to see the German players do what is expected and trash a team like Armenia. Under Löw this team was a pain to watch and even most wins against minnows were a nervous affair.

If Flickr can win the Iceland away game comfortably then i5 gives a very decent first impression of the NT under his coaching that's all.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Maybe, but it comes down how it fares against the nations that actually count that you have to beat to win silver or gold wares.. We all saw how pathetic this team was vs France and England. Only after matches against them you can actually tell if there is a real improvement imo, that you have actual solutions to beat them and not by having 0 shots ON goal in those matches with the quality the German players HAVE, but dont utilize.

A 6-0 vs Armenia or whatever country should not be something to be excited about, but that should be the bare minimun standard if you look pure at quality in the team.

Its not to sound arrogant or whatever, but if you look at players this NT has, everything under a semi final participation is a blatant failure.. No matter if its EC, WC, Confed cup or the hated Nations league. No way around that at all. Every attempt to sweet talk any less is just embarrassment from the DFB.

I am not saying you cant get unlucky in a tournament that eliminates you. But come on, look how they played at the EC and WC in 2018 and 2021. There was no passion, no fire, no determination, no leadership, no give it your all attitude. It is like Germans like to say with Olympia, dabei sein ist alles. That fucking mentality gets you nowhere, but thats what the NT gave me as a feeling tbh.

They German media even DARED today, to ask if the new Lahm is born with Hofmann.. like WTF.. Barely 1,5 months ago they where burned into the ground for their EC performance and even after the Liechenstein match it was all sarcasm and shit and now after a 6-0 vs Armenia they talk like its all like under Flick with Bayern, with Hofmann the new Lahm could have been born and i am sitting here like, you damn idiots ( media people, not people on this forum i might add ;) )
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 am

This Armenia shouldn't be underestimated - They beat Iceland and Romania, had 10 points before last game. I was genuinely surprised by the 6-0 scoreline. I thought one week was too short for Flick to turn it around - I am happy I was wrong.

Iceland is in horrible shape - they are in a sexual scandal and things are getting out of hand pretty fast for them.

I think Germany can win in Reykjavik - well if they couldn't, there's a problem.

But I think everyone here is looking at the North Mazedonia game next month. If they couldn't win, or win by merely 1 goal margin, it would be safe to say Flick still have a lot of work to do.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 am

But thats the thing.. Iceland isnt the Iceland anymore from a couple of years ago and Romania is on a downhill more or less since Hagi stopped playing.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Looking forward to a Germany match for the first time in a long time
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby vtotheinay » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:05 pm

sane on the left and gnabry on the right! what do you know! great assist from sane to gnabry to open the scoring
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:59 pm

The next coach who plays Sane on the right should be banned from football.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Sane is so talented! But he just need to ensure his easy passes go through (as we expect them to actually!). When he misses those easy passes, he gives the feeling that he is non-chalant. But i'm really happy to have him at FC Bayern.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Next

Return to German National Team