You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-01] Germany vs ??? — World Cup draw

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: [2017-12-01] Germany vs ??? — World Cup draw

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Outis wrote:Brazilian TV expectations :D

For me mostly bad luck with [Pot 3] Sweden, but still it's not a death group (most important was to avoid Spain), and if Germany finishes in first place meeting Brazil will be possible only in the final.

brazil or argentina ... one of them will lift the cup to the Russian skies... I am sure of it...

if that happens I hope that it will be Argentina
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Outis wrote:Brazilian TV expectations :D

^ What nonsense. Assuming England will win the group over Belgium and Spain will finish second. I can understand Brazil wanting the latter (Portuguese bias), but the former? LOL!
And with all due respect, Japan qualifying over Poland seems very unlikely.
——————————

I am personally satisfied with the draw, provided Brazil and Belgium top their respective groups.

Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Germany have relatively hard groups because none of the opponents in those four Groups will be pushovers.

If Germany manage to win their group and there are no major upsets in the other groups, then this is the possible Ro16 fixture list.

A1 v B2 = Uruguay vs Portugal -> 1
B1 v A2 = Spain vs Russia -> 2
C1 v D2 = France vs Croatia -> 3
D1 v C2 = Argentina vs Denmark -> 4
E1 v F2 = Brazil vs Sweden -> 5
F1 v E2 = Germany vs Switzerland -> 6
G1 v H2 = Belgium vs Colombia -> 7
H1 v G2 = Poland vs England -> 8

QF matches will be as follows:
1 v 3 = Uruguay/Portugal vs France/Croatia (Possibly Portugal VS France, with France going through)
AGAINT
5 v 7 = Brazil/Sweden vs Belgium/Colombia (Possibly Brazil VS Belgium, with Brazil going through)

2 v 4 = Spain/Russia vs Argentina/Denmark (Possibly Spain VS Argentina, with Spain going through)
AGAINST
6 v 8 = Germany/Switzerland vs Poland/England (Possibly Germany VS England, with Germany going through)

Semifinal would then be: France vs Brazil and Spain vs Germany

That would be ideal for Germany because it would mean not facing Argentina, Brasil, España and France until the semifinal, as I had wished for in the National team thread!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

why are you guys saying that Germany's group is difficult? :wink:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Italians must really hate Group F. Germany, Sweden and South Korea in the same group 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 pm

By the way, Gary Lineker is a legendary savage.

When Diego Maradona was choosing a ball he said "Diego has always been good with his hands". Then after the presenter and Cannavaro exchanged a couple of phrases in Italian, Lineker said "it's nice to have an Italian involved in the World Cup". :mrgreen:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 pm

MUTU wrote:Italians must really hate Group F. Germany, Sweden and South Korea in the same group 8)

Imagine if they had to qualify instead of Sweden ! :wink:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm

This group looks very average, not meaning mediocre. It has hidden threats for Germany.

FIrst, Germany was able to seemingly trash Mexico thanks to Goretzka's Doppelpack. However, Mexico was able to launch a sustained pressure after being down 0-2. If they could learn from the good beating they can be a tough opponent.

Sweden is tough in defense and Germany will face them in the 2nd game of the tournament, where they cannot win. :twisted:

S.K will most likely be facing a "beat Germany or go home" scenario before the 3rd game: they are most likely getting 1 - 3 points on Mexico and Sweden. I believe for Asian teams, Germany can easily trash Japan, Australia and S. Arabia, but will have hard times against Korea and Iran.

I hope die Mannschaft kepp a clear mind about who they are and where they want to go. They are not the World champions 4 years ago as core stars of Basti, Lahm, Klose had retired.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:11 pm

In the last World Cup in Group D Costa Rica and Uruguay advanced sending Italy and England home, also in Group B Spain was sent home.

The big question is what big team will be a casualty in the Group stage in Russia. If I have to pick a surprise exit this time I go for Argentina.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby DiegoForlan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Wait, is it due to me being Croatian, or do you all think predicting Island over Croatia is not the usual thing to do.

Wow Croatia playing Argentina is something I have to watch directly on the pitch .

Glad we're not playing Germany. It's one of my favourite matches to watch because Croatia always gets the best out of Germany, but two of my favourite NT's should be meeting somewhere nearer the finals .
DiegoForlan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:This group looks very average, not meaning mediocre. It has hidden threats for Germany.

FIrst, Germany was able to seemingly trash Mexico thanks to Goretzka's Doppelpack. However, Mexico was able to launch a sustained pressure after being down 0-2. If they could learn from the good beating they can be a tough opponent.

Sweden is tough in defense and Germany will face them in the 2nd game of the tournament, where they cannot win. :twisted:

S.K will most likely be facing a "beat Germany or go home" scenario before the 3rd game: they are most likely getting 1 - 3 points on Mexico and Sweden. I believe for Asian teams, Germany can easily trash Japan, Australia and S. Arabia, but will have hard times against Korea and Iran.

I hope die Mannschaft kepp a clear mind about who they are and where they want to go. They are not the World champions 4 years ago as core stars of Basti, Lahm, Klose had retired.

Germany could struggle versus Sweden, I give you that although it can certainly run over them as well. But Germany will wipe the floor with Mexico and should beat South Korea easily as well.

If the Conf Cup is a reference is to tell you that Mexico fielded their best team while Germany was experimental with most players being 2nd or even 3rd tier. I am sure that Low will field a team substantially better and able to control the tempo of the game that the one including the likes of Henrichs, Ginter, Rudiger, Can, Younes, Brandt, none of these players will see the field in a World Cup game next summer.

Mexico the way I see it has some talented individuals but nothing to be concerned of, even more as a team they look disorganized and their defense is way below the level that will give some hard time to Germany, the speed of Werner and Sane, the runs to the space by Muller or Stindl, the ball distribution of Kroos and Gundogan, the box to box runs down the middle of Khedira or Goretzka , the overlapping on the wings of Hector and Kimmich...........I can't see how Mexico will be able to manage a game versus Germany unless the Germans are having a bad day.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Lukas » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 pm

As long as brazil and Germany win their group it should be a straightforward run to the semi final for Germany. Then Spain, who don't scare me now like they used to in their peak tiki taka days.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 pm

As I said Mexico's mindset is crucial for their hope to get something from Germany: yet I saw swarms of Mexicans in the DFB_Team_en twitter account trolling and anticipating for a victory...

Alright, now I expect a 5 - 0 victory for Germany to start their adventure in Russia. Considering the chance to win against Sweden is dim, this is a must-win for Germany.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Set pieces should be the key to overcame mexico...

Vs Sweden it has to be the quick decisions and the one vs one... short and low passes...

Vs South Korea; all the players should wear a mask of Kim

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Lukas wrote:As long as brazil and Germany win their group it should be a straightforward run to the semi final for Germany. Then Spain, who don't scare me now like they used to in their peak tiki taka days.

Exactly. Provided Die Mannschaft play to their potential, they shouldn’t have any serious problems reaching the semifinal.

Assuming that Brazil and Belgium both top their respective groups; Mexico, Sweden, S. Korea, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia, Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan, England, Tunisia and Panama are all beatable opponents.

Opinion: If everything goes to plan and it unfolds like I have illustrated in my previous post, I’d rotate the goalkeepers and play Ter Stegen in the final Group stage and Ro16 matches. He has been pretty decent in Neuer’s absence and from what I’ve heard has been doing a good job at Barcelona. Given that, and also Neuer’s injury will allow him to comeback in April, I think it would be wise to not overplay Neuer before the QF starts.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:48 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:The two 2014 finalists have the worst groups

:?:

What's confusing? :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team