You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-06-12] Germany vs Ukraine

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will win
83%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ukraine will win
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2016-06-12] Germany vs Ukraine

Postby DerKaiser » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 pm

MOTM is Boa Tank!
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Despite the disappointing (imo) performance, Germany are the first country to win by more than one goal.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:11 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't care about the rest of the game. BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER FUßBALLGOTT!!!

God I miss him. I don't think I'll ever have a player I like more than him.

Not more... But... THOMAS? David? Manuuuu?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:16 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I don't care about the rest of the game. BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER FUßBALLGOTT!!!

God I miss him. I don't think I'll ever have a player I like more than him.

Not more... But... THOMAS? David? Manuuuu?

Love them of course, but I'm part of Schweinsteiger's generation. He was there when I started watching Bayern properly. Klose and him are my favourite players.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Basti!!! So happy :D

Germany's big problem as I mentioned in another post are the fullbacks! The fullbacks in German football and especially German NT are playing a huge role in the team's game. Offensively are the key to break the defenses providing the extra player so they overload a flank. Howedes is non existend offensively and he doesn't look very comfortable defensively plus he lacks the agility to defend real wingers(quickness,technically gifted)
Hector is not ready yet for that level, I just think can't deliver at such a high level at the moment.The way from a mid table team to starter of Germany is too much for him. Mustafi looks like a fish out of the water in the high line, not familiar to him but he is an athletic guy and a decent defender as the time goes by he will become better then Hummels will come in for the games with real men(knock out)
Low has to find an answer on the fullback problem because it is huge, it's a wrong idea playing so high with that fullbacks IMO. Maybe he has to lose up some possesion and become more solid in the back playing with Kroos and two tougher midfielders alongside him, he can sacrifice one of Draxler,Ozil,Gotze for this one, it becomes extremely soft for Germany having 4 ballerinas in the middle and only one average DMF(Sami)

Neuer world class, my MVP tonight, solid!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:37 pm

I only smiled twice ... In the first half when Mueller tried to shoot with both his feet and in the same time tried to head the ball...
and when Fussballgott scored...
The occasion when Neuer was to embarrass Mustafi was priceless... why the heck he decided to go out like that ? Mustafi was on the ball unchallenged...
Draxler was having a good match and he was subbed.
Against Polska there has to be Gomez upfront but this is only wishful thinking.
I am happy for Mustafi as I said earlier I think this will be his tournament.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:41 pm

I thought Germany dominated the game overall and will only get better with the return of Hummels and maybe Gomez instead of Gotze, who still looks lost on a football pitch.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I only smiled twice ... In the first half when Mueller tried to shoot with both his feet and in the same time tried to head the ball...
and when Fussballgott scored...
The occasion when Neuer was to embarrass Mustafi was priceless... why the heck he decided to go out like that ? Mustafi was on the ball unchallenged...
Draxler was having a good match and he was subbed.
Against Polska there has to be Gomez upfront but this is only wishful thinking.
I am happy for Mustafi as I said earlier I think this will be his tournament.

I celebrated both goals, freaked the dog out mind :lol: Was on edge for most of it though because of the defence and the prospect of being caught on the break. Do you still think Germany will not make it through the group? :wink:
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
European Union

Postby ottackon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Last time, he was seen eating his boogers #-o

Can't see tweet? Click here!

And it's not finished yet ...

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:57 pm

who made that flying kick to that lead to Oezil's run and cross to Fussballgott? Was it Mustafi or Hector?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Draxler was having a good match and he was subbed.

This. He was the best forward today.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Germany should just clone Manu and Boa a couple of times and they would have an unbreakable defence. :coffee:
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby ottackon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:19 pm

That clearance by Boateng! Great skill, he's gotta be my favourite central defender since a long time.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:38 pm

integration problem...
Religion is the main problem... You can't assimilate if you have a different faith.
A couple of months ago I saw a documentary about the Maltese of Izmir (turkey) and they all said that they feel Maltese even if they are 3rd and 4th generation ... even if they speak Turk and not a single word in Maltese... they mentioned also the Religion problem ... they can't feel integrated cause they are not muslims... so pls stop this non sense...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:47 am

Hector is no Andreas Brehme, but he plays his role well enough. Howedes could not replicate his improbable world cup run at fullback, and needs to be replaced. Mustafi was decent (excluding the goal), but Hummels will make a much stronger pair with Boateng. Schweinsteiger and Kroos will also make the midfield stronger, though Khedira didn't play poorly. Draxler was quite decent, Muller was a bit ineffective, Ozil was passive, and Gotze was invisible, I just don't see how Gotze can play as a sole striker if he hasn't got the strength or stature. Either Gomez subs in, or Muller goes up front and is replaced by Schurrle in the starting lineup, but the front four need a shake up. However, when you win ugly, you still win, and 2-0 at that not a bad result. Least weak (because I can't say most strong) out of the top teams so far.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team