You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-16] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sweden will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: [2012-10-16] Germany vs Sweden

Postby Kahn4ever » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:49 am

the12th wrote:
MoFattal wrote:When was the last time we kept a clean sheet agaisnt a mid-level+ team?

when was the last time we kept a clean sheet with any team?

Portugal in EURO 2012, I believe.
Kahn4ever
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 am

The Spyware wrote:It was like Bayern Inter 2-3

Dont remind me that loss felt almost as worse as the final....:(
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 am

I haven't seen the game. So can only comment on my perception.

But Germany's weakness has always been their defence. They just don't work together. Especially having Hummels, Mertesacker, Schmelzer, Höwedes or whoever in there. It was their undoing at the Euro's.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AvatarX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 am

Very disappointing game. It would be a LOT different if we were 0-4 down and manage a draw. It would show that we are fighters.

Damn, I envy Sweden right now ( :shock: ). They showed last night what we are missing for not 6 but almost 16 years: Fighting spirit.

Really, that was the main reason that I started like German NT back in the 80's. It was not the "beautiful" football they were playing (I would root for a south-american NT if that was the case), but the direct, fighting, always bouncing back football. I still remember watching WC 1990 or Euro 1996 and despite that in some matches we were losing I WAS DAMN SURE that we WILL bounce back.

Now we are trying to play more "beautiful" football, and lose the main idea in the process: Winning is what matters. Sometimes you have to play ugly to win, but ALWAYS you have to FIGHT for win. And we seem to lost this fighting spirit at least in the recent years.

Just when after WC2010 we played some great, effective, fighting football we are back to zero again.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 am

^ pity I can only like once. I also loved the "never say die" attitude. The new generation, though boasting much better technique, seem to miss that psychological boost to get them to win tournaments.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 am

michel wrote:Sorry, but I want Joachim Löw to go. He is now unfit to be Bundestrainer.

This.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 am

AvatarX wrote:I still remember watching WC 1990 or Euro 1996 and despite that in some matches we were losing I WAS DAMN SURE that we WILL bounce back

I don't know who should be blamed for this. The coach? The captains? The players? Or all? The fact is that Uli was absolutely right to criticize the "softness" of the NT a couple of weeks back.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but ever since JLo took over the NT, we've played 18 games in International tournaments (2008, 2010, 2012). We've won 13 of those and lost 5, i.e. a win ratio of approximately 72% but that's not the point. The point is that out of the 13 games which we won, only ONE was us being trailing by a goal (also, please correct me if I'm wrong) against Turkey in 2008. The other losses had us trailing and not being able to recover. I've mentioned this to argue the point that JLo doesn't have the required tactical awareness to modify the game plan when things don't go as expected. Yesterday's game, albeit a draw, was a proof that when things go off-plan, Loew (clearly, my scapegoat) doesn't know what to do. Podolski in for Reus after 4-2? WTF was that?
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 am

I find it funny how Germany once again suffers a meltdown a game after Kroos proclaims that he deserves a starting spot and gets it.

I don't know why that **** coward Löw is still playing Kroos in the doppelsechs. He usually bounces about to Bayern changes so quickly. Is he trying to get me to stop calling him an asterisked' coward? Because if so, it ain't working, Bundesjogi.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:30 am

In the last 15 games, Germany has conceded an average of 1.67 goals per game. Meanwhile over the same amount of games, Spain has conceded an average of 0.16 goals per game. Bayern, where the core of the German defensive setup has come from, conceded an average of 0.53 goals over the last 13 games, and that includes the spectacular yet rare meltdown against BATE.

It's not the players, or international football being intrinsically more attack-minded. It's Löw being a hack.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby michel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am

MoFattal wrote:I've mentioned this to argue the point that JLo doesn't have the required tactical awareness to modify the game plan when things don't go as expected. Yesterday's game, albeit a draw, was a proof that when things go off-plan, Loew (clearly, my scapegoat) doesn't know what to do. Podolski in for Reus after 4-2? WTF was that?

Not only that. He admitted, last night, that he had no explanation for what happened.
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby the12th » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am

honestly, with the players that NT has in attack, they don't need a coach. defense, midfield, and set pieces + subs and tactical changes is where trainer should shine, and like in most of cases, attack is not the problem. clearly loew is not competent, and only reason he's not gone yet is that the players are outstanding,

stop bashing badstuber. he is outstanding when the other CB is fast. merte is slow as hell, and only reason Bads had to fight those crossed balls, is that merte lacked pace to fall back and fight for them. anyways, why does a 189cm cb has to cover Ibra, when there is 198cm tall cb on the field. westerman bads would have been a better combo. second goal was clearly Neuers fault. Keeper of his class should not let those kinda shots get past him. on the third goal Swedes just got lucky.

yes I get that bads was LCB and elmander was his responsibility. but to be honest Holger seems to be the only one who harbors enough aggression to become a great leader one day.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Fénix » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 pm

This could be easily generation of losers if they continue playing like this. One fcking Barcelona would never come back from this 4:0 against any club who plays euro cups.

You simply can't recieve 4 goals and have football name like Germany. First BL clubs, then national team... How wonderful. Give youself back that your well-known ugly football, Deutschland, because this is cirkus Colorado what had you made last night.

Whom to blame? In the first line coach who is probably now the key of those german fails, then entire team. When you get 4 goals in less than 35 minutes with the advantage of 4 goals, you have to ask yourself/ourselves, am I/are we still normal?
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Holger is an amazing CB under the proper tactical system.He wasn't good under van Gaal and won't be good under Löw, but then again, noone was under either of the two. Under Jupp he is exceptional.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Kevinx67 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Can you believe that result! Have to say Neuer was responsible for 2 of those goals. The defense when Sweden attacked came under pressure cause one they were to far up field and without the second holding midfielder hurt them. Kroos and can play in that defensive role but ain't a true holding mid. Another problem was Low changes were all offense changes. I'm not saying to park the bus but with Khedira hurt he could of choose a replacement in the team instead of an all attacking team. I know you can't solely blame the refs for what happen but two of those goals came about cause of fouls on Muller and a clear elbow to the head of Mertesacker. In the end they should of dealt with what happen a little better and i hate to say I think they should think about a coaching change since he's the one who picks the team and make the changes and the being 4 up you should know better not to let your team get exposed in the back.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:45 pm

quaazi wrote:Holger is an amazing CB under the proper tactical system.He wasn't good under van Gaal and won't be good under Löw, but then again, noone was under either of the two. Under Jupp he is exceptional.

That's right. Plus, one really should look at the fact that he has played all games this season, and most of them in the unconventional role of LB. So, fatigue was destined to come sooner rather than later.
Kovac OUT!!!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team