You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Germany will win
73%
It will end in a draw
13%
Sweden will win
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 am

I watched extended highlights of the Mexico game and I can positively say that Germany lost mainly because of Joachim Löw arrogance. As far as player culpability goes Thomas, Sami and Mesut were the villains.

The obsession to always play a 4231 even against gegen pressing opponents was a mistake.

A 433 or 343 could still bring success.

433:

^ Rudy never crosses the center circle and stays back at all times to shield the Central defenders and break up play when defending. He has to do the dirty work that Casemiro & Kante do. Goretzka offers a goal scoring threat from midfield and Reus and Brandt can switch up wings all the time. Gomez’s physicality will be needed against big Swedish players.

^ Ter Stegen because he has previous played in a back three oriented formation for the NT (Confederations Cup). Two fast Central defenders and one positional one to guide the back line.With added defensive cover Kimmich and Hector can overlap when necessary. Back three becomes back five as soon as opponent attacks. Gomez can link up with Reus and Brandt and look to win crosses as well. In this formation the ball has to stay on Kroos, Goretzka, Brandt and Reus’ feet at most times.

Müller, Khedira and Ozil simply must not start after how they played against Mexico. Khedira should play no further role in the WC.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 pm

America USA wrote:Müller, Khedira and Ozil simply must not start after how they played against Mexico. Khedira should play no further role in the WC.

Yup, fully agree.

Who truly believes though that Low will look at the evidence,assess what's required, look at sweden and make these bold changes? (bold only in the sense of dropping established first XI players).

I don't think it's going to happen.
Muller is everyone's untouchable golden boy (god knows for what). Ozil and Khedira are favored by Loew and are probably in his ear at the moment trying to convince him in training that they'll turn in a world class performance next time around.

I can really only see Loew keeping this sterlie core in the team and changing the others around it.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:24 pm

That's at least Ozil+Khedira out of the XI in that predicted lineup. Can't really complain about 2/3.

Really feel though that Gomez is needed as a target for crosses against Sweden and to try and win that first header. Without a target man the build play is all to predictable.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Sweden is not as fast in counter attacks so that might work, but I still see a similar problem than against Mexico.

Guendogan - Kroos as double pivot will surely give Germany more creativity, but whenever the ball is lost I still see huge risk in counter attacks unless Kimmich plays a much more conservative role
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Ed. wrote:Who truly believes though that Low will look at the evidence,assess what's required, look at sweden and make these bold changes? (bold only in the sense of dropping established first XI players).

I think he will, but not enough. He will make 1 or 2 changes but in reality there need to be 4 or so. I suspect Khedira will be dropped.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ed. wrote:Who truly believes though that Low will look at the evidence,assess what's required, look at sweden and make these bold changes? (bold only in the sense of dropping established first XI players).

I think he will, but not enough. He will make 1 or 2 changes but in reality there need to be 4 or so. I suspect Khedira will be dropped.

if he doesn't drop Khedira, he should be fired from the job... that would be inexcusable
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PowerHouse » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:09 pm

how come us fans can see something and we aren’t even the professionals? But the supposed pros don’t see it.. is this saying that Müller will be on the wing?? For Löws sake I hope it isn’t the case. Why isn’t Goretzka playing alongside Kroos? Why is invisible Werner playing? I know this is predicted line up but still..come on for fucks sake, make the right changes at least. But hey, khedira and mesut are out so it’s some progress at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PowerHouse
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Gundogan starting is a sick joke........
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:48 pm

MUTU wrote:A sliding tackle executed perfectly is as beautiful to watch as an overhead kick goal.

You mean this?
Spoiler: show
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:A sliding tackle executed perfectly is as beautiful to watch as an overhead kick goal.

You mean this?
Spoiler: show

Gives me the shivers.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Kicker's expected lineups:

vs

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Kicker's expected lineups:

vs

Tal qamel...
Gundogan
Draxler

Goretzka....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Surely if Reus plays Müller will be playing centrally...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:21 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Surely if Reus plays Müller will be playing centrally...

That's what I think as well, but this is the way Kicker are reporting it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team