You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Germany will win
73%
It will end in a draw
13%
Sweden will win
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby theundead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 pm

I couldn't watch the game because i was working. Looks like a tense game. Will watch tonight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby theundead » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Possible scenarios for Germany's groupImage

theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Great winner from Kroos. Such a quality player. Boateng had a poor game. What's up with his rash tackles. It's so stupid and needless. He really has a poor football IQ.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby endrity » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 am

ramsej84 wrote:The following players should never start.
Gundogan
Mueller
Draxler

Start

Leon. Kroos
Werner Reus Brandt
Gomez

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I am pretty much here myself. The only question is if both Werner and Gomez are needed, or if we gain better balance by dropping one and using an extra midfielder.

p.s I have always believed that Reus is the best offensive player of the 2010 generation (Muller, Ozil, Khedira, Boateng age group). There is nothing that I have seen that makes me doubt that.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 am

endrity wrote:
Gundogan
Mueller
Draxler

Start

Leon. Kroos
Werner Reus Brandt
Gomez

I am pretty much here myself. The only question is if both Werner and Gomez are needed, or if we gain better balance by dropping one and using an extra midfielder.

p.s I have always believed that Reus is the best offensive player of the 2010 generation (Muller, Ozil, Khedira, Boateng age group). There is nothing that I have seen that makes me doubt that.

I’d like to see Werner start on the left wing vs Korea. Hector sitting deep and threading balls into Werner behind the line was a great tactic to open up a very compact defense which is what we will see again vs Korea. Werner has the speed unlike Draxler to get behind and slam in low crosses. Goretzka making runs from deep to get the second balls and blast shots unlike Gundo who had plenty of chances but never even looked towards goal...
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 am

theundead wrote:I couldn't watch the game because i was working. Looks like a tense game. Will watch tonight

Wait till the whistle to start swearing and praising. It will save you some embarrassment. :mrgreen:
tflags

Postby theundead » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:54 am

Hahaha. Noted

theundead
I post all the time

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby 1911 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:15 am

Brandt is the new Schurrle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 am

Loew did a masterclass today. Not for the starting XI which I didn't like and which only improved when he took out the worse players, but for what happened in the final 8 minutes (including the injury time). Germany were a man less (Boateng, the only regular central defender) and not getting eliminated with a draw. Other teams would have taken off an offensive player an brought on Suele to protect the draw and not risk getting eliminated directly.

Not Loew.

Loew, now playing with 3 men at the back (actually they were more like midfielders, but anyway), takes off Hector and replaces him with Brandt, a winger. How ballsy was that? That was an extremely offensive formation for a team with 10 men that would get eliminated if they conceded 1 goal.

Hats off to you, Jogi!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 am

MUTU wrote:Loew did a masterclass today. Not for the starting XI which I didn't like and which only improved when he took out the worse players, but for what happened in the final 8 minutes (including the injury time). Germany were a man less (Boateng, the only regular central defender) and not getting eliminated with a draw. Other teams would have taken off an offensive player an brought on Suele to protect the draw and not risk getting eliminated directly.

Not Loew.

Loew, now playing with 3 men at the back (actually they were more like midfielders, but anyway), takes off Hector and replaces him with Brandt, a winger. How ballsy was that? That was an extremely offensive formation for a team with 10 men that would get eliminated if they conceded 1 goal.

Hats off to you, Jogi!

Your contrast of your opinion for Loew is like mine about Kroos :lol:

Loew might not do whatever is expected all the time, but IMHO he is agile enough to adjust his plan to the situation when needed. He did that a lot of times in the past, a sign that he is a great coach.

BTW this change for Hector, leaving us practically with only 2 defenders was not only a risky, bold move but I would go even further and say it was an unexpected move for a German who typically are more cautious / conservative.

Congratulations Loew!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 am

In fact I would have brought on Süle myself and tried to go for headers. Funnily I would probably have taken off Kroos.

In the end it was the right move. A draw might not have eliminated Germany but I bet Mexico and Sweden would have played out a draw.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 am

endrity wrote:
Gundogan
Mueller
Draxler

Start

Leon. Kroos
Werner Reus Brandt
Gomez

Made a,couple of idiotic and f... decisions himself.

Like in the first five mins he was still asleep...
And in the second half when he attempted a fency back heel

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 am

Maybe you already saw this ...
https://youtu.be/YR5F7XmA3z4

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:40 am

AvatarX wrote:I would like to see the following:

Don't forget that we should win at all costs (and possibly with many goals)

I had a feeling that Werner would be great as LAM, as he was. Werner as ST was mainly neutralized with only some rare exceptions. Werner as LAM was a constant threat with his speed, assisting a goal, creating many chances and earned the foul just outside the box who gave us the win.

I think we should continue to have this formation in attack (and probably have Brandt as super sub) for the next games
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:41 am

The worst was when he (I think it was him) jumped over a ball instead of burying it in the net hoping Gomez would reach it.

Btw I haven't read posts made during the game but what a chance that Gomez header was
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team