You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Germany will win
73%
It will end in a draw
13%
Sweden will win
13%

Total votes : 15

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm

MUTU wrote:IMO the only way Ruediger will get game time, excluding suspensions and injuries, is if Germany lose in the semi-finals and would play for the 3rd place.

Sorry man but it’s opinions like this which make me think that Germany somewhat deserve a group stage exist because of this very mentality.

Die Mannschaft is acting like England now. Selecting players on reputation and past glory rather than merit and ignoring in form hungry youngsters. For so long Germans were never afraid of playing youngsters (even the current seniors got their chance young in 2010) but now we are just behaving like the English teams of the past few decades. Selecting players on names and reputations and then hoping for good results.

Müller, Ozil, Khedira and Boateng have become the German versions of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. #-o

Mark my words, Löw’s blind faith in his favorites will possibly lead to a very unsuccessful World Cup!

EDIT: Funny how you mention suspension and injuries because Hummels I believe has already been booked and it is only a matter of time before we see Boateng go down holding his thigh/hamstring/hip/calf and carried off the field.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:50 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:IMO the only way Ruediger will get game time, excluding suspensions and injuries, is if Germany lose in the semi-finals and would play for the 3rd place.

Sorry man but it’s opinions like this which make me think that Germany somewhat deserve a group stage exist because of this very mentality.

Die Mannschaft is acting like England now. Selecting players on reputation and past glory rather than merit and ignoring in form hungry youngsters. For so long Germans were never afraid of playing youngsters (even the current seniors got their chance young in 2010) but now we are just behaving like the English teams of the past few decades. Selecting players on names and reputations and then hoping for good results.

Müller, Ozil, Khedira and Boateng have become the German versions of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. #-o

Mark my words, Löw’s blind faith in his favorites will possibly lead to a very unsuccessful World Cup!

EDIT: Funny how you mention suspension and injuries because Hummels I believe has already been booked and it is only a matter of time before we see Boateng go down holding his thigh/hamstring/hip/calf and carried off the field.

Boateng was the best out of 4 defenders against Mexico. [source]
He has team chemistry with all players bar Plattenhardt, but especially with Hummels.
What has Ruediger done to be considered? [source]
At least I am placing him slightly ahead of Ginter.
Even though he may not even deserve that. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:

Boateng was the best out of 4 defenders against Mexico. [source]
He has team chemistry with all players bar Plattenhardt, but especially with Hummels.
What has Ruediger done to be considered? [source]
At least I am placing him slightly ahead of Ginter.
Even though he may not even deserve that. [source]

Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

I guess Germans desperately want another Italy/Atletico type moment or a France/RM type needless defensive substitute when chasing the game moment. :coffee:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 pm

America USA wrote:Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

I guess Germans desperately want another Italy/Atletico type moment or a France/RM type needless defensive substitute when chasing the game moment. :coffee:

It's not simply a question of how well Ruediger has played, but rather whether or not he has been better than Boateng this season. WhoScored says he clearly wasn't, and that Boateng was the best defender against Mexico, so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

It's not simply a question of how well Ruediger has played, but rather whether or not he has been better than Boateng this season. WhoScored says he clearly wasn't, and that Boateng was the best defender against Mexico, so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.
No idea what Rüdiger has ever done to earn a starting place... He's, at best, 4th in the depth chart

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mehedi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Germany should convert someone WC for LB position, just like kimmich converted LB from MF, goretzka maybe, also needs one WC CDM

I like this likeup

...Werner
Reus..muller..Brandt
....kroos..goretzka/gundogan
..hector..sule..Hummel's..k
...neuer
Mehedi
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 pm

As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RB624 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 pm

MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.

I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby GoatHCW » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Oh wait we decided not to bring Max, Sane, and Wagner #-o
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.

I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:

Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.

FYI Spain anthem has no lyrics :idea:

I mean it did have lyrics during Franco’s rule but the Spaniards don’t sing the Marcha Real anymore.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

GoatHCW wrote:

For a moment there I thought you meant Max Meyer and was gonna reprimand you lol

Don't get why Löw didn't even try Max Phillips (or Phillip Max, can't remember which is which #-| )

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:

Brazil sang their anthem pretty loudly back in 14. (And made a big deal about it)

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
GoatHCW wrote:

For a moment there I thought you meant Max Meyer and was gonna reprimand you lol

Don't get why Löw didn't even try Max Phillips (or Phillip Max, can't remember which is which #-| )

Again favoritism and that is what’s going to cost Deutschland the World Cup!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:[quote="MUTU"] so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.

FYI Spain anthem has no lyrics :idea:

I mean it did have lyrics during Franco’s rule but the Spaniards don’t sing the Marcha Real anymore.[/quote]OK you got me. How about Montolivo?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team