You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Germany will win
11
73%
It will end in a draw
2
13%
Sweden will win
2
13%
 
Total votes : 15

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm

MUTU wrote:IMO the only way Ruediger will get game time, excluding suspensions and injuries, is if Germany lose in the semi-finals and would play for the 3rd place.

Sorry man but it’s opinions like this which make me think that Germany somewhat deserve a group stage exist because of this very mentality.

Die Mannschaft is acting like England now. Selecting players on reputation and past glory rather than merit and ignoring in form hungry youngsters. For so long Germans were never afraid of playing youngsters (even the current seniors got their chance young in 2010) but now we are just behaving like the English teams of the past few decades. Selecting players on names and reputations and then hoping for good results.

Müller, Ozil, Khedira and Boateng have become the German versions of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. #-o

Mark my words, Löw’s blind faith in his favorites will possibly lead to a very unsuccessful World Cup!

EDIT: Funny how you mention suspension and injuries because Hummels I believe has already been booked and it is only a matter of time before we see Boateng go down holding his thigh/hamstring/hip/calf and carried off the field.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:50 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:IMO the only way Ruediger will get game time, excluding suspensions and injuries, is if Germany lose in the semi-finals and would play for the 3rd place.

Sorry man but it’s opinions like this which make me think that Germany somewhat deserve a group stage exist because of this very mentality.

Die Mannschaft is acting like England now. Selecting players on reputation and past glory rather than merit and ignoring in form hungry youngsters. For so long Germans were never afraid of playing youngsters (even the current seniors got their chance young in 2010) but now we are just behaving like the English teams of the past few decades. Selecting players on names and reputations and then hoping for good results.

Müller, Ozil, Khedira and Boateng have become the German versions of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. #-o

Mark my words, Löw’s blind faith in his favorites will possibly lead to a very unsuccessful World Cup!

EDIT: Funny how you mention suspension and injuries because Hummels I believe has already been booked and it is only a matter of time before we see Boateng go down holding his thigh/hamstring/hip/calf and carried off the field.

Boateng was the best out of 4 defenders against Mexico. [source]
He has team chemistry with all players bar Plattenhardt, but especially with Hummels.
What has Ruediger done to be considered? [source]
At least I am placing him slightly ahead of Ginter.
Even though he may not even deserve that. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45503
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:IMO the only way Ruediger will get game time, excluding suspensions and injuries, is if Germany lose in the semi-finals and would play for the 3rd place.

Sorry man but it’s opinions like this which make me think that Germany somewhat deserve a group stage exist because of this very mentality.

Die Mannschaft is acting like England now. Selecting players on reputation and past glory rather than merit and ignoring in form hungry youngsters. For so long Germans were never afraid of playing youngsters (even the current seniors got their chance young in 2010) but now we are just behaving like the English teams of the past few decades. Selecting players on names and reputations and then hoping for good results.

Müller, Ozil, Khedira and Boateng have become the German versions of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. #-o

Mark my words, Löw’s blind faith in his favorites will possibly lead to a very unsuccessful World Cup!

EDIT: Funny how you mention suspension and injuries because Hummels I believe has already been booked and it is only a matter of time before we see Boateng go down holding his thigh/hamstring/hip/calf and carried off the field.

Boateng was the best out of 4 defenders against Mexico. [source]
He has team chemistry with all players bar Plattenhardt, but especially with Hummels.
What has Ruediger done to be considered? [source]
At least I am placing him slightly ahead of Ginter.
Even though he may not even deserve that. [source]

Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

I guess Germans desperately want another Italy/Atletico type moment or a France/RM type needless defensive substitute when chasing the game moment. :coffee:
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:22 pm

America USA wrote:Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

I guess Germans desperately want another Italy/Atletico type moment or a France/RM type needless defensive substitute when chasing the game moment. :coffee:

It's not simply a question of how well Ruediger has played, but rather whether or not he has been better than Boateng this season. WhoScored says he clearly wasn't, and that Boateng was the best defender against Mexico, so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45503
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby nm462272 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Watch Rudiger in the semifinals and finals of the Confed Cup. He also had some decent qualifying performances. You gotta give players a chance to see what they are made of. That’s why I am ok with Sane’s exclusion because Sane failed in all of his chances. Guys like Süle, Rudiger, Brandt, Goretzka and Reus are being ignored because of favoritism.

I guess Germans desperately want another Italy/Atletico type moment or a France/RM type needless defensive substitute when chasing the game moment. :coffee:

It's not simply a question of how well Ruediger has played, but rather whether or not he has been better than Boateng this season. WhoScored says he clearly wasn't, and that Boateng was the best defender against Mexico, so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.
No idea what Rüdiger has ever done to earn a starting place... He's, at best, 4th in the depth chart

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4344
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 4321 times
Been thanked: 1862 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby Mehedi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Germany should convert someone WC for LB position, just like kimmich converted LB from MF, goretzka maybe, also needs one WC CDM

I like this likeup

...Werner
Reus..muller..Brandt
....kroos..goretzka/gundogan
..hector..sule..Hummel's..k
...neuer
User avatar
Mehedi
Hey, I'm new here!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:13 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Image
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
User avatar
DerKaiser
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm
Location: Munich
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1215 times
Been thanked: 694 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby RB624 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 pm

MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.


I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
User avatar
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 pm
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 119 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby GoatHCW » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm



Oh wait we decided not to bring Max, Sane, and Wagner #-o
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 137 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.


I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45503
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.


I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.

FYI Spain anthem has no lyrics :idea:

I mean it did have lyrics during Franco’s rule but the Spaniards don’t sing the Marcha Real anymore.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

GoatHCW wrote:

Oh wait we decided not to bring Max, Sane, and Wagner #-o
For a moment there I thought you meant Max Meyer and was gonna reprimand you lol

Don't get why Löw didn't even try Max Phillips (or Phillip Max, can't remember which is which #-| )

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7691
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3443 times
Been thanked: 3030 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote: so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.


I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.
Brazil sang their anthem pretty loudly back in 14. (And made a big deal about it)



Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7691
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3443 times
Been thanked: 3030 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby America USA » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
GoatHCW wrote:

Oh wait we decided not to bring Max, Sane, and Wagner #-o
For a moment there I thought you meant Max Meyer and was gonna reprimand you lol

Don't get why Löw didn't even try Max Phillips (or Phillip Max, can't remember which is which #-| )

Again favoritism and that is what’s going to cost Deutschland the World Cup!
User avatar
America USA
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 1045 times

Re: [2018-06-23] Germany vs Sweden

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:[quote="MUTU"] so if you want him to be removed you have to give a different reason other than performance, for example because he didn't sing the national anthem.


I'm just cherry-picking a line from your post, because it highlights why I'm wrestling with myself over whether I want Germany to do well or to fall apart completely.

I noticed right from WC 2010 that (for the most part) the Germans sang and the half-Germans and non-Germans didn't. How does that look to the world at large? The light-skinned guys are singing, and the others are staying mute. It's a form of protest, and it sucks because Germany doesn't deserve that. The country's been at the front of the pack as far as welcoming immigrants and being sensitive to different cultures and religions.

I'll admit my impetus for cheering on Germany is blood-based. However I've never had a problem with them putting out the best eleven, regardless of genealogy. But when those who don't share my DNA can't even be bothered to sing the anthem and act like they're outsiders instead of acting like part of the team and part of the country, then why the hell am I supporting them :?
Thing is, this doesn't seem to happen to other nations. For example, Thiago sings the anthem and he is less Spanish than any German player is German because he was not born in Spain.

Another thing, not even the 'pure' Germans sing it loudly and proudly. Just compare the Mexicans with the Germans.

FYI Spain anthem has no lyrics :idea:

I mean it did have lyrics during Franco’s rule but the Spaniards don’t sing the Marcha Real anymore.[/quote]OK you got me. How about Montolivo?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45503
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8336 times
Been thanked: 13161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest