You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-09-03] Germany vs Spain

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Germany will win
25%
It will end in a draw
25%
Spain will win
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2020-09-03] Germany vs Spain

Postby r10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:38 pm

1:1. I hoped Thiago scored...
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:41 pm

Please God jogi has to go...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm

The Spanish goal should have been offside because Gosens was outside the field of play/the football pitch.

However it serves Löw right with those god awful tactics in the final 20 minutes. Germany yet again fail to win against a Top tier Nation despite leading :lol:

BTW this Spanish team is nowhere near as scary an opponent as these were 10 years ago. I’m guessing Enrique called up his best players? If so then apart from Thiago, Ramos and Fati that team didn’t have much quality at all. The Euros next year is France’s competition to lose!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Also Toni Kroos laughing and joking with his Spanish friends seconds after losing a win... As captain of the team nonetheless..
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 pm

America USA wrote:The Spanish goal should have been offside because Gosens was outside the field of play/the football pitch.

However it serves Löw right with those god awful tactics in the final 20 minutes. Germany yet again fail to win against a Top tier Nation despite leading

BTW this Spanish team is nowhere near as scary an opponent as these were 10 years ago. I’m guessing Enrique called up his best players? If so then apart from Thiago, Ramos and Fati that team didn’t have much quality at all. The Euros next year is France’s competition to lose!
Do not forget England and Italy and also the Oranje
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pm

Apparently there was something positive.
Gosens
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pm

America USA wrote:The Spanish goal should have been offside because Gosens was outside the field of play/the football pitch.

Read the rules. It is the correct call.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Birthday

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

However it serves Löw right with those god awful tactics in the final 20 minutes. Germany yet again fail to win against a Top tier Nation despite leading

Do not forget England and Italy and also the Oranje

England are overrated. They lose against the first big team they play (although I think England can knockout Löw’s pathetic NT)

I do think France and Belgium are the strongest nations going into it.
Portugal and Netherlands will be contenders too. Re: Italy, I’ll never count the Italians out but they are darkhorses at best.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 pm

MUTU wrote:

My commentator said if the player is outside the pitch then it doesn’t count and the attacker can’t be judged by said player. I guess these American commentators, just like Löw, are truly inept when it comes to soccer #-o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm

America USA wrote:
MUTU wrote:

My commentator said if the player is outside the pitch then it doesn’t count and the attacker can’t be judged by said player. I guess these American commentators, just like Löw, are truly inept when it comes to soccer #-o

For defenders, if you're off the pitch without permission, you're considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside. That prevents defenders from stepping off the field of play to create an offside. Significantly, this part of the law doesn't distinguish between leaving the field deliberately or accidentally.

Gosens decided to sit down and rest while his teammates played the offside trap.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Birthday

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 pm

If anyone needs to be exiled from the NT then it’s the following players:
Reus, Can and Kroos.

Also I just don’t see anything about this Spanish side to be fearful of. If Germany had Neuer (although Trapp was tremendous in goal today), Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Hummels and Thomas then it was have been a pretty one sided German win IMO.

Draxler was actually decent today but he has had his fair share of chances so I think his minutes need to go to Brandt/Havertz.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Fénix » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 pm

What a poor match. Germany were so unconvincing, sloppy, far from something spectacular and having clear game plan.

Spain after 2013 Confederation Cup final 3-0 defeat against Brasil are definitely back to pre-2008 period.

Can't wait for Saturday and Portugal-Croatia clash and we are looking for a victory after they knocked us out in Euro 16' after 120 minutes.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby America USA » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Fénix wrote:What a poor match. Germany were so unconvincing, sloppy, far from something spectacular and having clear game plan.

Spain after 2013 Confederation Cup final 3-0 defeat against Brasil are definitely back to pre-2008 period.

Can't wait for Saturday and Portugal-Croatia clash and we are looking for a victory after they knocked us out in Euro 16' after 120 minutes.

Portugal are one of the toughest teams in Europe. Plus Croatia have declined since the WC with your players getting older. I expect a convincing Portuguese victory in Porto however good luck to you guys :) Really wanted Croatia to win the WC two years ago :cry:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:05 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bmguy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:01 am

Loew should have put another 2 goalies in 2nd half, 8 DM is not enough. Does he become coward after having lost in many tournaments ?
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team