You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-23] Germany vs Spain

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Spain will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-03-23] Germany vs Spain

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:10 am

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Manchu wrote:Germany vs. Spain: two world class teams, two incredible offenses, 0 "true" wingers.
Don't even mention this. The winger-zealots will go after you :')

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Well, I‘m pro wingplay, but let’s strike that for a moment...
I don’t get why you guys take NT soccer as a benchmark... We all generally agree that it is INSANELY inferior to club soccer, don’t we?!
Tuchel's first season Dortmund was not a wing-based team either. Not EVERY team has to rely on quick dribblers, and if you have to accommodate Müller and James together (and you DON'T have access to WC wingers), it just makes more sense to ditch wing-based tactics in favor of a more central approach similar to that of the NT and Tuchel's 1st BVB.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:18 am

Thing is we DO have access... Wr just like to keep our keys in the pockets...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:27 am

#12 wrote:Thing is we DO have access... Wr just like to keep our keys in the pockets...
No we don't. Malcom and Bailey are not good enough, just a couple of new Costas. It makes no sense whatsoever to have one of Thomas or James on the bench just to give a spot to any of those two. Short of buying Hazard, we are better off switching to a wingerless formation.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:57 am

Why were the Germans wearing the away kit?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:46 am

#12 wrote:
Well, I‘m pro wingplay, but let’s strike that for a moment...
I don’t get why you guys take NT soccer as a benchmark... We all generally agree that it is INSANELY inferior to club soccer, don’t we?!

For most national teams, yes(although much less so now than a few years ago). However, Germany and Spain are not most national teams and not only have access to an insanely good players but also are insanely well-organized.* In fact, I don't think I've seen a single other team play so well this season at a basic level** as both of them did today, and they were, of course, both playing against excellent opposition.

*They are also two of the most tactically innovative teams in the world right now, but we all now Jogi Low merely copies what the Bayern coach is doing :roll:

**For example, neither team was able to press the other off the ball despite both teams being very good at pressing.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:44 am

The first goal was not Kimmich fault but Boateng, the guy lacked the concentration and put Kimmich in a difficult situation and he couldn't do anything but kicked the ball away to concede a throw in. That was just an easy situation but it took Boateng for ages to react.

Sule is better than him nowadays, the only thing that Sule still needs to improve in order take his place is the ability to create key passes.

On the midfield, Kroos had an off day, he basically just ran around and did nothing. Khedeira should be the 3 rd choice behind Gundogan and Goretka in the MC but Loew mistakenly has given him the captain band.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 am

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:26 am

America USA wrote:Why were the Germans wearing the away kit?

Marketing. "Look we have a shiny new kit. Buy it. You know you want to". To be fair I Probably will, but not because I saw it on TV last night.
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

bmguy wrote:The first goal was not Kimmich fault but Boateng, the guy lacked the concentration and put Kimmich in a difficult situation and he couldn't do anything but kicked the ball away to concede a throw in. That was just an easy situation but it took Boateng for ages to react.

Sule is better than him nowadays, the only thing that Sule still needs to improve in order take his place is the ability to create key passes.

On the midfield, Kroos had an off day, he basically just ran around and did nothing. Khedeira should be the 3 rd choice behind Gundogan and Goretka in the MC but Loew mistakenly has given him the captain band.

Actually Kimmich is to blame as well. When there is no room to play out from the back just do the basics and punt the ball as far away from your goal as possible. Germany are a tall team so they can win the ball back in the air. Yesterday Germany tried to play out from the back way too much, I guess Low wanted to see how it would work against top opponents and it had mixed results. Hopefully in WC games the players are smart enough to clear the ball FAR AWAY from goal when opponent’s high press has closed passing options.

Boateng & Hummels were both at fault for the Spanish goal but after that they were much better. Germany were guilty of not getting Kroos on the ball as much as they should’ve. In the second half Kroos saw more of the ball and thus Germany improved.

Re: Khedira. I agree 100%. A real shame that Low’s favouritism means he is still selected. :(
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby tflags » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Mueller heard "World Cup" and he just flipped. My God what a shot.
tflags

Postby Ed. » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:59 am

PunkCapitalist wrote: Not EVERY team has to rely on quick dribblers, and if you have to accommodate Müller and James together (and you DON'T have access to WC wingers), it just makes more sense to ditch wing-based tactics in favor of a more central approach similar to that of the NT and Tuchel's 1st BVB.

Haven't you watched any of the other top teams for the last few seasons? Speedy wingers are not just for the offence but also an asset in nipping the opposition attacks. Forgotten the role Robben and Ribery played in defence in 2013?

You can set out all sorts of elaborate strategies and tactics but if you can't hurt the opposition with speed as they can, then you start the game on the backfoot without the match having started.

If you don't have speed upfront, then at least the fullbacks need to be fleet of foot.
Without Coman available now, and if Robben is overlooked for the starting XI, there is a clear lack of cutting edge.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to German National Team