You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-15] Germany vs Russia

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Germany will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
50%
Russia will win
50%

Total votes : 2

[2018-11-15] Germany vs Russia

Postby MatchBot » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Germany vs Russia
Germany vs Russia
Competition: International Friendly
Venue: Red Bull Arena, Leipzig

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2018-11-15] Germany vs Russia

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Russians are doing good this year. Hopefully this game drags Löw closer to the exit door.

If Löw wants to win though, this should be the lineup:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FcBayernX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:33 am

America USA wrote:Russians are doing good this year. Hopefully this game drags Löw closer to the exit door.

If Löw wants to win though, this should be the lineup:
I think maybe its time for him to step down from the national team. After all he has been the longest serving manager for the German national league which is crazy. In Italy, their constantly changing managers.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
FcBayernX
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:48 am

Players available (excluding Kroos):

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:56 am

Looks like Loew will continue to use Kimmich in midfield #-o as with this squad, there're only 2 real MC: Rudy and Goretzka. Maybe we will stop using 4 defenders and switch all the way to 3 defender system as Germany currently have too many good CB.
Last edited by bmguy on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:01 am

bmguy wrote:Looks like Loew will continue to use Kimmich in midfield #-o as with this squad, there're only 2 real MC: Rudy and Goretzka

And no real defensive midfielder and no real striker (unless you want to count Uth).
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 am

Sané must play in this match. If he fails yet again, he should be sent back to Manchester and not even make the squad for the Netherlands match. Do or die time, Leroy. He can't keep getting called up purely on the basis of his club performances when he's never contributed anything to the national team.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:14 am

Sane and Gnabry are still raw, not a finished product yet, so we have to stay calm with them. In the other hands, there're no other options left with the current state of Bundesliga talents. Just not good at all.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:31 am

bmguy wrote:Sane and Gnabry are still raw, not a finished product yet, so we have to stay calm with them. In the other hands, there're no other options left with the current state of Bundesliga talents. Just not good at all.

Thing is, Sané IS producing for Manchester City. 503 minutes played in the Premier League this season, scored 3 goals, assisted 4. Last season he had 25 G+A in 32 PL matches.
He played a total of 707 minutes for Germany, scored 0 goals, assisted 1 (against Azerbaijan).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:28 pm

bmguy wrote:Sane and Gnabry are still raw, not a finished product yet, so we have to stay calm with them. In the other hands, there're no other options left with the current state of Bundesliga talents. Just not good at all.

That’s half true. Germany/BL are struggling in only two areas to find absolute top class talent: the CF position and the DM position. There are still enough options for the CM, Winger, CB and full back positions. With Neuer’s recent decline the GK position could be an issue as well but for now Germany have Ter Stegen, Leno and if need be Fahrmann and Horn and even the Benfica goalkeeper (although he could switch over to Greece)

I think from next year onwards, the new Bundestrainer should start looking at the younger players to answer these issues. Arp/Eggestein/Selke for the striker position and Maier for the DM position?
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am

The DM thing really is surprising. I don't ever remember Germany having such a shortage of quality #6s. I wonder why Lars Bender and Christoph Kramer stopped being called up.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 am

ROSSIJA :thumbup:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm

MUTU wrote:The DM thing really is surprising. I don't ever remember Germany having such a shortage of quality #6s. I wonder why Lars Bender and Christoph Kramer stopped being called up.

not just no6, there's not a single great talent in attacking area including strikers to wingers. All talents in youth teams are just ok on youth teams, not a single of them makes a break through like counterparts in other countries.

German need to have young players to practice more on personal technical, otherwise, we won't see anyone like Coman, not to say Mbappe, in NT team.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

bmguy wrote:
MUTU wrote:The DM thing really is surprising. I don't ever remember Germany having such a shortage of quality #6s. I wonder why Lars Bender and Christoph Kramer stopped being called up.

not just no6, there's not a single great talent in attacking area including strikers to wingers. All talents in youth teams are just ok on youth teams, not a single of them makes a break through like counterparts in other countries.

German need to have young players to practice more on personal technical, otherwise, we won't see anyone like Coman, not to say Mbappe, in NT team.

Yeah but I remember times when Germany didn't have a great striker up front. It's more the DM position that's out of the ordinary IMHO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:03 pm

bmguy wrote:

Agree to disagree Re: Quality wingers. In Reus Germany already have a top class Winger. If he’s available and on form he’s still pretty damn good at his position.

Sané, Gnabry, Brandt, Max Philipp, Amiri are all promising youngsters who can develop into more than useful players for the National Team. Sadly none of them are given a consistent run in the lineup of the NT because Löw wants to accommodate and play his favorites Draxler and Muller on the wings!

Then there are guys like Hofmann who are perennially ignored despite their good club form and favorites like Draxler and Muller who are selected no matter what!

As for the red underlined part. The reason why Germany’s talented youth players don’t break into the National Team unlike Spain, Italy, etc. is because of Joachim Löw and his favoritism. He ignores in form players (Max-LB) and calls up his favorites (Hector-LB) regardless of form and quality of opponents. Löw is guilty of ignoring fresh faces in favor of his trusted clique of “experienced” players.

Many examples of this: Sticking with Hummels-Boateng at Central Defense, Persisting with Muller at RW to make sure he is in the starting eleven, Always Calling up Khedira and Ozil regardless of how badly they were playing at club level, calling up favorites like Draxler in favor of guys like Sane and Gnabry, Ignoring in form Wagner for trusted guy Gomez, calling up a second division LB in Hector because of “trust” (Favoritism) and starting a goalkeeper coming back from a long injury in the World Cup ahead of an in form Ter Stegen.

The old-ness and lack of youth in the German NT is completely Löw’s fault for sticking with the same players for almost a decade. That man is one of the biggest factors behind Germany’s disastrous 2018 and sadly the German people (DFB in particular) are unwilling to see the reality and fire this fraud!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Next

Return to German National Team