You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-09-06] Germany vs Netherlands

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Netherlands will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

[2019-09-06] Germany vs Netherlands

Postby MatchBot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Germany vs Netherlands
Germany vs Netherlands
Competition: UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifying
Venue: Volksparkstadion, Hamburg

Previous encounters:
  • [2019-03-24] Netherlands 2 - 3 Germany (UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifying)
  • [2018-11-19] Germany 2 - 2 Netherlands (UEFA Nations League)
  • [2018-10-13] Netherlands 3 - 0 Germany (UEFA Nations League)
  • [2012-11-14] Netherlands 0 - 0 Germany (International Friendly)
  • [2012-06-13] Netherlands 1 - 2 Germany (UEFA EURO 2012) — neutral venue
  • [2011-11-15] Germany 3 - 0 Netherlands (International Friendly)

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2019-09-06] Germany vs Netherlands

Postby bmguy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 pm

welcome new boy Luca Waldschmidt to the team.

From video, he looks like to have excellent long range shooting skill which we still lack of. :roll:

Joachim Loew about ...
... the current situation for the national team: I am pleased that I can be back after my break in June. I am eager to return to the team and the players. For me it was very difficult not to be at international matches for the first time. It was an unfamiliar situation for me. At times I had the feeling that the nervousness at home on the sofa is even greater than in the stadium on the sidelines. On this occasion, I also want to say that the team and the coaching team did a great job. My thanks to Marcus Sorg, Andy Köpke, the coaching team, our scouts and to Oliver Bierhoff. The team gave me great pleasure in the games against Belarus and Estonia. We started well in qualifying now. It was gratifying that we were able to win in the Netherlands and then put in the two games afterwards. We want to continue the way. There is a great spirit of optimism in the team. There is a very good spirit in the team, many players know each other from the underground areas. One senses that they are right to be successful in the next months and years. The next two games will be trend-setting, Northern Ireland will be leaders, and our biggest opponent is the Netherlands.

... the importance of the 3-2 away win against the Netherlands: The game was of course good for the confidence of our young team. Immediately after the game, I felt in the cabin that our players were really excited about how lucky they were to win this game the way it went. Overall, this game has given us important insights. We were stable in the first half. We were incredibly dominant in the offensive game. In the second half, we were shaky and have sometimes come out of the concept. In many phases, we have lost our thread, our processes were no longer visible. We have clearly shown what we still need to work on. What was pleasing, and so are the matches against Belarus and Estonia: how much the team is trying to implement the automatisms that we have developed. It was good that the effort we put into it led to a lot of fun and joy because the sense of achievement was there. Of course, our newly formed team is doing well. It gives strength, it gives energy, it increases the belief in oneself. On the way to a top team, which we want to become, one needs such experiences.

... the injury of Leroy Sané: Of course it is very annoying that Leroy lacks a longer time. It hurts me and us, because Leroy has developed after the World Cup to a player who has co-decisively shaped the team. With his speed and his unpredictability he can destabilize opponents, he can cause great disorder. I have been in contact with him over and over again and also know from our doctors that the operation went very well. There were no complications at all, the knee will be very stable again. He will again be fully able to work and reach the absolute limit. He will have to pause for half a year, then he will need a few weeks. He then has half a year to go to the tournament - that's why I naturally expect him to be with him in view of the EURO.

... the nomination of Luca Waldschmidt: He is here for the first time and has absolutely earned the chance. In the past Bundesliga season you have seen that he had not quite the constancy. But he took another step forward at the U21 European Championship. How he interpreted his position, how he played it convinced me. He was very dangerous and has great quality in the immediate financial statements. He is a player who can play well between the lines, in small spaces. He is young, for us he is very interesting in perspective. But there are some other players besides him that fall into this category.

... the return of Emre Can: I already had a conversation with Emre at the end of last season. After changing from Liverpool to Juve, he needed a bit of time, it was a change, as worked and played in the two clubs. But he has taken more and more rhythm during the season. In May, I told him that I would like to bring him back if he is well prepared and injury free. He has qualities that we do not always have. He is a very good ballerover, he plays with a big physique, with a lot of physicality, he has a great rest on the ball and is already very experienced. At the Confed Cup, he showed that with his power and irresistible races he can bring in a strength that I consider important for the future.

... the contract renewal of Timo Werner: I was always informed about the thoughts of Timo. I think his decision is good and right. I know from Julian Nagelsmann that he appreciates Timo with his speed and his qualities as a top scorer. Timo can now focus on the sporty and has scored in the first two games. Timo embodies a type of player that is very, very important to us too. Because he is very straightforward to the goal and because he has the quality to go deep in every action, behind the defense.

... the role of Toni Kroos: It is good that the selection in midfield is so big. I am pleased that Kai Havertz started well in the season, that Ilkay Gündogan has shown very positive in the last games in the national team. We have a few opportunities in midfield, with Leon Goretzka, with Joshua Kimmich. But of course I still plan with Toni Kroos. Toni is a player who can lead the team. He has a lot of experience, and it's important to have a young team with players to help them up. Toni is still a brilliant footballer and an important factor for us.

... the change and the role of Julian Brandt: I think the change is good for him. He trains and plays with incredible motivation. With Dortmund he has the goal to be permanently in the Champions League, to play along for the championship. That's very good for Julian. He is a fun footballer, he is full of enthusiasm, also he has the gift to confuse the opponent, with his qualities in one-on-one, he is valuable. In the years 2017 and 2018, he has always made very good games for us - an issue with him is the constancy that he constantly retrieves this performance. Even defensively and in switching situations, he can still grow. But on the offensive, he is a player who can do any team good. I see great potential in him.

... the competition between Manuel Neuer and Marc-André ter Stegen: Manuel had to take a relatively long break before the World Cup, I knew that there would be setbacks for him in the season after that. In the past international matches, he has proven what he has for a class. At the game in Amsterdam he had two, three giant parades, with which he has prevented goals. Marc ter Stegen also has a world-class season behind him, but we are thinking about the next few weeks that Manuel Neuer will start. He is our captain.

... the chances of Jonathan Tah coming into action in Hamburg: After the retirement of Toni Rüdiger chances are definitely there. Jonathan has been with us since 2016. He was now captain of the U21, played a very good tournament and started the season well despite the short break. He is fast, he is physically strong, he has footballing, in the game release much improved. I am very satisfied with its development.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 pm

I still don't like it, but Kimmich as CM with the NT makes much more sense than with Bayern.

Germany doesn't have a #9 and don't rely on wing play that much. Yes, both fullbacks can join attack and create 2v1's but the team is not heavily dependent on crosses.

But with Bayern we have a wing based system, we have Lewandowski and we play plenty of crosses every game. Kimmich is a must as RB.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Remove Klostermann, put Kimmich in Klostermann's place and slot in Havertz.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Is that guy from RBL fit? He had to be subbed off inj last wk end.

Imo him and Klostermann should be regarded as Ger's full backs
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 pm

That could only work against Liechtenstein or San Marino.

Netherlands would kick our a$$es badly with Kroos and Havertz in midfield. Especially with an offensive minded full back like Kimmich. The reason why Kimmich is playing midfield is to give more stability to the midfield and do the dirty job for Kroos
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:43 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:That could only work against Liechtenstein or San Marino.

Netherlands would kick our a$$es badly with Kroos and Havertz in midfield. Especially with an offensive minded full back like Kimmich. The reason why Kimmich is playing midfield is to give more stability to the midfield and do the dirty job for Kroos
Our????
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:15 pm

bmguy wrote:Joachim Loew about ...
... the chances of Jonathan Tah coming into action in Hamburg: After the retirement of Toni Rüdiger chances are definitely there. Jonathan has been with us since 2016. He was now captain of the U21, played a very good tournament and started the season well despite the short break. He is fast, he is physically strong, he has footballing, in the game release much improved. I am very satisfied with its development.

Did OUR Antonio Rüdiger retire? I thought he injured his knee pretty bad versus Manchester United towards the end of last season and he is still recovering.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:35 am

Thanks for clearing that out, Jorge. I thought I must have had missed the news.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby r10 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:48 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Image
-----

Is this the most awful Die Mannschaft for the last 16 years? #-o
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby longeleven » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:31 am

^ agree!

We have no big man in midfield to lean on.

In the front, Reus or Gnabry somehow not bad but their impact is poor as well ( bad at finishing, has no vision for intelligent football )

In the defense, Loew sacrifice the most experienced CB for a joke like Ginter and a meat bag like Tah.

Current Neuer is the worst Neuer since his 1st game with Mannschaft.

I don't think this team is as bad as 2004 team but after 2006 they surely the worse.
longeleven
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 am

imo ginter is the only meh player in there
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:55 am

halstenberg is class 1991 ... Jesus I thought that he was some 7 years younger
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:28 pm

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:10 pm

So Serge missed our game and this old prick is going to deploy him from the start...

He and the dfb should be held responsible ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to German National Team