You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-19] Germany vs Netherlands

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Germany will win
67%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Netherlands will win
33%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2018-11-19] Germany vs Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Congratulations Loew for eliminating the world champions!
Kovac OUT!!!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nhanphan1990 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 pm

It was Kimmich who failed to close down for the 1st goal and failed to head clear for the 2nd.
Playing Kimmich as DM, substituting Sane for Goretzka, playing Goretzka out of position (again)
Just when you thought Low finally figured sth out...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:49 pm

YES!! FRANCE ARE OUT!! :twisted:

Ok I had to get that out of the way. Because that’s the biggest positive from this result.

Now onto the game: Germany bossed the match for 80+ Minutes and were in total control. The Dutch has no real chance until Depay’s solo run that Neuer saved. Germans were very very wasteful in front of goal and had countless chances to put this game way beyond Netherlands.

Löw’s subs tilted the game. Sane should not have been subbed and Brandt should’ve come on instead of Muller. Goretzka is the villain. He lost the ball carelessly in a dangerous position and didn’t do anything or put in any effort into defending from there, and a couple of passes later the Dutch scored.

I’m happy that there was no “positive end” to this miserable year for Löw and the Mannschaft. Germany deserve all the misery they get!

Havertz, Brandt and Reus should’ve been the subs. Also Kimmich at #6 needs to stop. Kehrer was super wasteful and offered nothing in attack. Almost all of Germany’s wing play was coming from the left flank. The Right flank was nonexistent. Please return Kimmich to the RB/RWB position!

Germany have shown in the last three games that they have enough talent to compete and play well. What is needed is new ideas and fresh faces.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 pm

nhanphan1990 wrote:It was Kimmich who failed to close down for the 1st goal and failed to head clear for the 2nd.
Playing Kimmich as DM, substituting Sane for Goretzka, playing Goretzka out of position (again)

Yes Löw is an absolutely clueless idiot who must be sacked NOW! But the Germans will keep blowing him because there are no alternatives apparently :roll:

I cannot think of any top footballing nation persisting with the same old coach after all these embarrassments.

BTW I think Goretzka was more to blame for the first goal and Kimmich for the second. Kimmich as DM is a complete fail and a step backwards.

Süle, Schulz, Gnabry and Kroos were good today. Rudiger, Gnabry, and Hummels were ok. Neuer was a spectator but he could’ve have done much about either goals. Although Sane and Werner scored; they were both wasteful in the final third and could have killed this game before the Dutch got a sniff.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Roonzil » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:09 pm

LMAO, how in the world Oranje managed to top this group is beyond me. It's freakin' hilarious!! But so good to finally have some football excitement in the country again. You have no idea!

Also, "beating" the always smug Germans is a bit special. Even tho I support Germany when my national team isn't at a tournament. (I've had some truly bad experiences with entitled Germany fans in stadiums...let's just leave it at that)
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby America USA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Roonzil wrote:LMAO, how in the world Oranje managed to top this group is beyond me. It's freakin' hilarious!! But so good to finally have some football excitement in the country again. You have no idea!

Also, "beating" the always smug Germans is a bit special. Even tho I support Germany when my national team isn't at a tournament. (I've had some truly bad experiences with entitled Germany fans in stadiums...let's just leave it at that)

Congratulations :D Hope you guys go on to win this :thumbup:

However, You guys should thank the brainiac:- Mr. Joachim Löw. Everything was going good and taking off all three of Gnabry, Sane and Werner meant no pace to keep the Dutch defense honest, like they had for 80 Minutes. The substitutions released the pressure off the Dutch and allowed VVD to play as a CF. Then subbing in and playing Goretzka out of position (again).

In any other walk of life such pathetic results would 100% guarantee losing your job but I guess Germany as a whole is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome with their leaders (Löw, Grindel and ... Merkel :roll: )
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Viktor Kassai » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 am

America USA wrote:
nhanphan1990 wrote:It was Kimmich who failed to close down for the 1st goal and failed to head clear for the 2nd.

BTW I think Goretzka was more to blame for the first goal and Kimmich for the second. Kimmich as DM is a complete fail and a step backwards.

Kimmich tried to build-up play from the back when Germany got 2 goals lead when He just needed to kick the ball out. The 2 goals were on him
Viktor Kassai
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:26 am

Viktor Kassai wrote:
America USA wrote:

Kimmich tried to build-up play from the back when Germany got 2 goals lead when He just needed to kick the ball out. The 2 goals were on him

I never understand the playing out from the back bullshit when the opponent has 6 players in your half putting pressure. Just lump the ball forward! Also sadly no one tried taking the ball to the corner once the Dutch scored.

Again these tactics (obsessively playing out from the back and not wasting time) are all supposed to be instructions coming from the coach :roll:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 pm

yest kimmich copied what brozovic did in inter v barca [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Haha that’s brilliant I wish I’d thought of that
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Fénix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Roonzil wrote:LMAO, how in the world Oranje managed to top this group is beyond me. It's freakin' hilarious!! But so good to finally have some football excitement in the country again. You have no idea!

It's actually great and congratulations! You believed you can handle against any opponent and that's what you did in such a short time. :wink: I'm really surprised, but also excited to see Netherlands back on top scene. When I asked myself few months ago, who the man who stands behind this team, I was actually shocked - Ronald Koeman! :o

I mean, he is a true Dutch football legend but far from being a top coach on club level. He has had some opportunities in the past to show what he knows, many campaigns he led ended up with a failure. I guess Koeman's best spell was at Southampton before Liverpool, United and co. came to shop everything what was worth and playing well. :lol:
Everton was so disappointing episode, but right now... to take a fallen football force that has eternally marked football with their inovations, philosophy, attacking football... perform vs Germany and France as your guys have performed... Hats off, mr. Koeman and keep on going like this!
International football desperately needs this when many people can't get satisfaction on club level. :thumbup:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby bmguy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 am

I believe Loew found the key to get the team on track, indeed, they played well on the last 3 games. The remaining work is to find a striker who can deliver both on the ground and on the air just like Klose, and someone to play along side with Kroos better than Kimmich. It's too sad that the future CF are still in a distant to the required quality for the job: Selke, Mark Uth, Ducksch, David Otto, Arp, Serra,Aaron Seydel,Teuchert... all are still fighting hard for a playing time in the first team. It's safe to say we won't find a good striker in the next 3 years. #-o

I hope to see 2K (Kroos, Kai Hartvert) trial soon. The formation 3-4-3 is the right choice for the team.

Btw: Youssoufa Moukoko (14year old), he looks brilliant at his age.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Previous

Return to German National Team