You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Mexico will win
25%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:32 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

and of course Rudy should have played
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:19 pm

It seems pretty clear that Löw wants to channel a lot of the attack through Kimmich so I’m not sure why he’s sticking with a 4 at the back. It constantly led to a hole behind Kimmich to be exploited on the counter. Khedira is too slow to fill that void so I’d much rather see that 3412 from the confed cup again. Drop Özil for Reus, Khedira for Süle, Hector/Plattenhardt for Brandt, and Draxler for Goretzka
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Kimmich comments https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 36449?s=19

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm

sherpthederp wrote:It seems pretty clear that Löw wants to channel a lot of the attack through Kimmich so I’m not sure why he’s sticking with a 4 at the back. It constantly led to a hole behind Kimmich to be exploited on the counter. Khedira is too slow to fill that void so I’d much rather see that 3412 from the confed cup again. Drop Özil for Reus, Khedira for Süle, Hector/Plattenhardt for Brandt, and Draxler for Goretzka
This would be my favorite on-paper lineup. Don't know if it would work, but looks great on paper. Maybe Gomez for Werner, to make use of Kimmich's and Brandt's crosses.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 pm

tflags wrote:So let me get this straight. Germany used computers to analyze statistics dating back to México 1970; experts to observe every player movement on and off the ball. Video analysis to compute passes and crosses between the lines. They trained the hell out of players and subs. Psychologists to care for everyone's mental well-being.

México brought 20 prostitutes to the hotel pool. Gotta love their training conditioning. :lol:

It was thirty
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:45 pm

#12 wrote:
tflags wrote:So let me get this straight. Germany used computers to analyze statistics dating back to México 1970; experts to observe every player movement on and off the ball. Video analysis to compute passes and crosses between the lines. They trained the hell out of players and subs. Psychologists to care for everyone's mental well-being.

México brought 20 prostitutes to the hotel pool. Gotta love their training conditioning. :lol:

It was thirty

You were there?
tflags

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Nope but if we are to believe any of the media coverage it’s 30...

Of course it could’ve also been a children’s birthday...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bentonomo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:51 am

It seemed to work :lol: :lol:
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:It seems pretty clear that Löw wants to channel a lot of the attack through Kimmich so I’m not sure why he’s sticking with a 4 at the back. It constantly led to a hole behind Kimmich to be exploited on the counter. Khedira is too slow to fill that void so I’d much rather see that 3412 from the confed cup again. Drop Özil for Reus, Khedira for Süle, Hector/Plattenhardt for Brandt, and Draxler for Goretzka
This would be my favorite on-paper lineup. Don't know if it would work, but looks great on paper. Maybe Gomez for Werner, to make use of Kimmich's and Brandt's crosses.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Gomez for Müller
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 pm

This is actually the whole argument against Sane's relevance for Germany. Low preferred not to have pure wingers, instead the offensive midfielders need to cut inside and open space on the wings for the fullbacks who will play higher in his system. This requires 3 CB's and ironically it solves the Kroos problem as well, since on defensive mode the extra CB steps up and covers the Defensive Midfield position if Germany is being attacked through the center, if the counter shifts to the wing the extra CB moves to the side leaving always 2 in front of the goal to minimize 1v1's since Germany's CB's don't have pace.
I read through a lot of comments and I do not think the fix for Germany is as complicated as some believe. Reshuffling the team tactically will fix the vulnerability on counterattacks, the rest is fielding the players that are most fit and hungry. Benching Khedira for the next match is a must, then one of Ozil or Muller. This will open space for players like Gundo or Brandt who will work their ass off to gain a spot in the starting XI while it will motivate the seniors benched to come back stronger. Germany did it benching Brehme who was untouchable in '94 for one game and he came back to his usual self the next game.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Previous

Return to German National Team