You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Mexico will win
25%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Postby America USA » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 pm

IMO the worst performers on the pitch were (in no specific order): Müller, Khedira and Özil.
All three of them were absolutely pathetic. If Löw had balls he would drop at least two of them.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:25 am

America USA wrote:IMO the worst performers on the pitch were (in no specific order): Müller, Khedira and Özil.
All three of them were absolutely pathetic. If Löw had balls he would drop at least two of them.

Absolutely stunned he didn't take atleast 1 off Muller, Khedira, Ozil at HT.

Big big problems for germany.

Without someone like Bastian, they don't look like they can be defensively rock solid like 2014. So, they're not beating anyone by shutting them out.

In attack, the play is excruciatingly ponderous and predictable. Everyone was questioning Reus's inclusion in the squad, including me. No wonder Loew took the gamble. He's seen this in training and the friendlies. The front players were Chinese checkers in slow motion, exchanging positions and achieving nothing. Not one player dared to take on a dribble and make something happen.

Sweden is much much better organized defensively than Mexico, so though they don't pose the same threat on the counter, Loew has to change things else it'll be the same drab and pointless play again from the front men.

Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Kroos. These players I reckon will account for over 60% of the passes played between them and there is no urgency or speed in anything they do. It should have been good enough for Mexico, and that didn't turn out to be the case. There is no way Germany can field a XI again with all 4 of these statues included against anyone half decent.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 am

Khedira had urgency and speed in stupidly losing that ball before the 0-1...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 am

As well as all the things some of you guys mentioned , I too also saw a lackluster performance from Kroos defensively, whoever thinks he is a good defensive midfielder anyway is beyond me. Outpaced running back, not even hustling back at times after ball was lost.
Equally bizzare, late in the game Draxler losing the ball, thinks it s a foul, starts waving his arms around like a baby for a couple of minutes, when there is literally only 4-5 minutes left of play and the mexican play has possession right next to him, so instead of getting back into play and trying to get the ball just flops his arms for a couple minutes. spoiled brats the lot of them here. #thanksjogi, hope you brought the ping pong table.

#löwraus
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 am

Kroos is used to have a destroyer DM besides him. Either Kasemiro or Bastian in the past. Khedira is not that type. We have to use someone else to help defenders. Maybe Rudy or Goretska can help more.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 am

AvatarX wrote:Kroos is used to have a destroyer DM besides him. Either Kasemiro or Bastian in the past. Khedira is not that type. We have to use someone else to help defenders. Maybe Rudy or Goretska can help more.

I'm still calling for Süle but definitely there needs to be a change starting today in training.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 am

I know why Germany lost yesterday...

... look at the f00kin' flag :evil:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:09 am

MUTU wrote:I know why Germany lost yesterday...

... look at the f00kin' flag :evil:

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 am

And why there were only three mins of extra time? All the other matches had five

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:02 am

Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby icewizard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:30 am

#12 wrote:Khedira had urgency and speed in stupidly losing that ball before the 0-1...

Mats Hummels was on Javier Hernandez on when he initiated the 1-2 that launched the attack, but instead of containing him and following him up, got sucked to the ball, slid and left Jerome Boateng on his own trying to contain a 2 on 1 attack...

I put the blame more on Hummels (who i like and rate a lot, but he got owned on that one) rather than Khedira on this...

At some point, Timo Werner twice shot the ball (one in a tight angle, the other one from the penalty spot covered by defenders) while i believer he should have crossed on the first and squared for Julian Draxler on the second
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby icewizard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am

AvatarX wrote:Kroos is used to have a destroyer DM besides him. Either Kasemiro or Bastian in the past. Khedira is not that type. We have to use someone else to help defenders. Maybe Rudy or Goretska can help more.

Back in 2014, Toni Kroos was a CAM, not a CM or CDM. He made Özil slide on the left with Müller on the right... Starting CDMs were Schweinsteiger and Khedira...

That was a much more stable formation even if Özil is not a pacey winger and Müller is usually ineffective on the right... Still we managed to score more.
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:19 am

I've seen many of you say Draxler was out of the game because of our inexistent left side but tbh at many points in the game I saw Ozil on the left like 4 years ago and Draxler more central.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:58 pm

icewizard wrote:

Back in 2014, Toni Kroos was a CAM, not a CM or CDM. He made Özil slide on the left with Müller on the right... Starting CDMs were Schweinsteiger and Khedira...

That was a much more stable formation even if Özil is not a pacey winger and Müller is usually ineffective on the right... Still we managed to score more.

Not sure about that. Kroos hasn't played with two guys behind him since 2013.
tflags

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:06 pm

So let me get this straight. Germany used computers to analyze statistics dating back to México 1970; experts to observe every player movement on and off the ball. Video analysis to compute passes and crosses between the lines. They trained the hell out of players and subs. Psychologists to care for everyone's mental well-being.

México brought 20 prostitutes to the hotel pool. Gotta love their training conditioning. :lol:
tflags

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team