You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:00 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Mexico will win
25%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2018-06-17] Germany vs Mexico

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Nice to see everyone claiming all these players are untouchable drink some humble soup. Players like Oezil, Mueller and Khedira were not up to par today. México pressed the hell out of Kroos, Khedira went AWOL and México kept two to three men up front on the counter before they scored. México did most stuff right, while Germany looked downright scared on the first 45".

It is not the end of the world, but I just hope people realize the value Bastian had on this team next a static Kroos that looked like a turtle running next to Mexican gazelles. Guendogan needs to play again; preferably at his best possible level.

Congratulations to México. Well done; they are not here on a free ride.
tflags

Postby Bentonomo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Avoiding Brasil is top priority for both teams.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:05 pm

America USA wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:And...
Confederations win = a World cup debaclr

I don’t think that superstition has anything to do with this. Löw needs to wake and smell the coffee ASAP. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now. His favoritism is fu¢king up the National team!
Sort of true, but not a time to panic just yet. In the last world cup, Löw began the tournament playing Lahm in midfield with iffy results, but latter changed course and end up winning the thing. There's still time to correct course.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Lol

From please sign Werner as Lewy replacement to Gomez > Werner :lol:

I think Loew's biggest mistake today was Oezil. I'm one of his biggest fans, but he was clearly not fit to play, let alone 90 minutes. Guendogan would have given more balance and control to the team.

Then Mueller adds nothing to the game. Draxler tried and could have done better, but Mueller was completely useless.

I see some players like Hummels, Khedira, Kroos or Boateng with barely any fuel left on the tank.

Not gonna happen, but I think Guendogan, Goretzka and Reus/Brandt should play the next match.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Next up: Switzerland beats the hell out of Brazil!

Welcome to Russia b!tches.
tflags

Postby Valerio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 pm

tflags wrote:Nice to see everyone claiming all these players are untouchable drink some humble soup. Players like Oezil, Mueller and Khedira were not up to par today. México pressed the hell out of Kroos, Khedira went AWOL and México kept two to three men up front on the counter before they scored. México did most stuff right, while Germany looked downright scared on the first 45".

It is not the end of the world, but I just hope people realize the value Bastian had on this team next a static Kroos that looked like a turtle running next to Mexican gazelles. Guendogan needs to play again; preferably at his best possible level.

Congratulations to México. Well done; they are not here after a free ride.

I mean is he even fit to play? (Gundogan)
When I saw Reus getting in I thought: "let's see how much time he needs to get injured and miss the competition like last time" XD

Personally I would field 3 mids Kroos-Goretzka-Gundogan and drop off Khedira and Ozil they're fecking liability right now
Valerio
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Lol

From please sign Werner as Lewy replacement to Gomez > Werner

I think Loew's biggest mistake today was Oezil. I'm one of his biggest fans, but he was clearly not fit to play, let alone 90 minutes. Guendogan would have given more balance and control to the team.

Then Mueller adds nothing to the game. Draxler tried and could have done better, but Mueller was completely useless.

I see some players like Hummels, Khedira, Kroos or Boateng with barely any fuel left on the tank.

Not gonna happen, but I think Guendogan, Goretzka and Reus/Brandt should play the next match.
Werner requires a big rethink of the playing style. Things like not playing 100 crosses per match and having Müller drift in instead of dumbly staying outside.*

* This is quite ironic, because Germany used to play the perfect tactics for Werner on 2010 and, to a lesser degree, 2014. Also, the confederation cup team played the right tactics for Werner. But no the senior Germany seems to be playing the same type of stale tactics Bayern are playing, and are much worse for it.

Müller was bad. Completely granted. But he still is Müller and has 10 goals in 2 WCs. Benching him is not an option.

Khedira should be replaced by Goretzka.

I'm not sure about Özil... He was lackluster today, but Germany doesn't have anyone else with his creativity. Maybe Löw should keep faith and give him a chance.

Süle over Boateng all the way. Guy can't defend at all any more.

Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Valerio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Lol

From please sign Werner as Lewy replacement to Gomez > Werner :lol:

Guys Werner is the kind of striker that excel on fast counters. He is not a holding CF
Valerio
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Bentonomo wrote:Avoiding Brasil is top priority for both teams.

Definitely but also if France fail to win their group that side of the KO tree is much easier on paper...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KrampusIsReal » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Müller needs to be more center, Werner won't work when we decided on a counter attack to stop and allow the other guys to set up and Reus should have started over draxler.

Combine that with boa and or Hummels being way out of position and trying to be Bayern and cross everything in we were bound to lose.

Pathetic for the defending champions,
Neuer
Hector Hummels boa kimmich
Sami kroos
Müller Gomez reus

Seemed like we were content to have our draw at first and finally tried to attack way too late

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bentonomo wrote:Avoiding Brasil is top priority for both teams.

Definitely but also if France fail to win their group that side of the KO tree is much easier on paper...
Also Serbia is a kind of bestia negra for the National Elf

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valerio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:27 pm

you should read juventus fans comments on Khedira XD
http://www.juventuz.com/threads/41222-S ... ra/page287
Valerio
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Kimmich in mdf with Goretzka and that bitch called Toni...

Mueller and Reus behind Werner

Df...
Loew to find a RB... Suele Hummels Hector

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:31 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Werner requires a big rethink of the playing style. Things like not playing 100 crosses per match and having Müller drift in instead of dumbly staying outside.*

Werner played a good game if he wasn't expected to be a striker. I believe if he plays as a SS with Gomez he will have a good tournament.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Wtf is German defense so bad???

Imo the problem is Khedira and Ozil. Defenders not doing badly but too many chances allowed

Completely agree. Khedira is not at the same level as back in 2014. Özil is too slow and doesn't work for the team. I've never been able to understand why Löw keeps playing him all the time. Sure he's a game changer, but over a 90 min game he's too much of a passanger IMO.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team