You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby DieRoten31 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:47 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I have never had a favorite team who has won a championship in any sport(i started being a Bayern and Germany fan in 2006) i guess i just have to w8 another year sigh...........

Me too :( . The only exception is Roger Federer, but he is a legend anyways so he doesn't count.
\
DieRoten31
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:16 am

^lolz same here about federerr
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby gastarana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:23 am

I WANT THAT OLD GERMAN WINNING MENTALITY

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ~Scott Hamilton
gastarana
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 am

MUTU wrote:
The players who wanted to sing felt shy singing, because their teammates weren't backing them up. The heart was lacking before the kick off!

Again, Neuer was the only one putting any heart into it. It was kinda cheesy with him looking off into the distance like on a propaganda poster, but he didn't care. The dude really, really doesn't deserve the season he just got.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Sydaney » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:12 am

Talking bout Federer and tennis... this Germany reminds me of Andy Murray...always does pretty well, been to a few finals even, always loses usually due to choking, good opponents and bad performance :oops:

please put neuer as captain, after the CL final and this...
Sydaney
Getting the hang of it

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 am

Next day is worse with all that teasing @ work...

I can't believe it, but we seem to have become a slightly better version of England. Good team, good potential, always losing in the end.

WC 2014? You must be joking, right? If we couldn't win this Euro do you really believe we have a shot @ WC 2014 in Brazil. LOL. This is a bit amusing at the time :evil: :evil: :evil:
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 am

quaazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:
The players who wanted to sing felt shy singing, because their teammates weren't backing them up. The heart was lacking before the kick off!

Again, Neuer was the only one putting any heart into it. It was kinda cheesy with him looking off into the distance like on a propaganda poster, but he didn't care. The dude really, really doesn't deserve the season he just got.

Sydaney wrote:please put neuer as captain, after the CL final and this...

We need to make a lot of changes, especially in mentality and I agree that changing captain from Lahm to Neuer would be a move to the right direction IMO.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

AvatarX wrote:I can't believe it, but we seem to have become a slightly better version of England. Good team, good potential, always losing in the end.

England never had a good team. Man for man, this German side beats any English side I've ever witnessed. But they're missing a hardass. Löw sure ain't one. Neither is Lahm. Christ, at this point I'd even put up with Magath taking charge of the national team. At least he isn't a coward like Löw.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 am

Good luck to the ones who are at work today. It is a public holiday in Malta and I am on leave on Monday :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:12 am

quaazi wrote:
AvatarX wrote:I can't believe it, but we seem to have become a slightly better version of England. Good team, good potential, always losing in the end.

England never had a good team. Man for man, this German side beats any English side I've ever witnessed. But they're missing a hardass. Löw sure ain't one. Neither is Lahm. Christ, at this point I'd even put up with Magath taking charge of the national team. At least he isn't a coward like Löw.

I think Klopp would make wonders with this team. But I don't think he's leaving BVB any time soon.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 am

MoFattal wrote:..... But, as similar to the players themselves, he also lacks the winning mentality. .......

that is what we need badly also in Bayern !!WINNING MENTALITY and it depends mainly on the coach ! most of the time brandelli was standing encouraging / urging his Italian players to perform well while l0w was sitting calmly in his place and stood from time to time only to express anger when his players miss a chance !! same thing happens regularly with Jup hynckes !! they have to work both on inculcating the winning mentality and a fighting spirit in th eminds of players !!Any lessons from this tournement ?? Good luck next season then !! =D>
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLeb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

Prandelli to Bayern ?
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 am

gastarana wrote:I WANT THAT OLD GERMAN WINNING MENTALITY

You said it yourself GERMAN , GERMAN and only GERMAN !! which means No ozil , no khdira No boateng No gomiss no cacau no ...no.... !! and mind you this has nothing to do with racism , being a Moroccan myself !! the fighting spirit Germany had in the seventies and eighties was awesome !! when i watch Kroos playing, i LMFAO . #-o [-X
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 am

BayernLeb wrote:Prandelli to Bayern ?

i'd better say Ballotelli to bayern and loan Gomiss to herta berlin or fc koln !! seriously speaking and for the last time it is all about the fighting spirit and not the players !! experiance has revealed that No fighting spirit means No wins !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 am

Neuer: I believe he could have prevented one of the goals (the header, I think it was the first one) but other than that, he won my heart over in the CL final and my respect has increased a lot more for him after yesterday. Should be Germany's captain.
Lahm: Not captain material, not a good performance either. Still believe it would have been better to play him at RB. I think it was him who kept Balotelli onside in the second goal (not sure).
Badstuber: Not bad, not very good either.
Hummels: Very bad positioning.
Boateng: IMO he was good going forward yesterday, but we should never have been playing a crossing game when Italy had double the amount of German players in the penalty area.
Khedira: One of the few good players.
Schweinsteiger: Very bad game
Podolski: I don't think he should even be called up anymore.
Ozil: Good
Kroos: Not good but not one of our best players either. At least he was one of the few with enough logic to attempt long shots because it was starting to look impossible to pentrate the Italian defense otherwise. His accuracy was a bit better than in recent times too.
Gomez: Completely isolated out of the game, but that is not entirely his fault. The Italians took the lead early and could become more defensive and at that point it was very likely that Gomez would be isolated out of the game.

Loew: The biggest flop of all, although he would not have seemed so if the players had played better. IMO the only mistake in the starting lineup was starting Podolski instead of Reus/Muller (if we had not done this we would also have had one more sub). When you're 2-0 down at half time, it makes absolutely no sense to sub in a striker for another. Klose should have come on instead of Kroos or Schweini. I also think he took too long to sub in Muller, and he should have come in for Lahm or Hummels not Boateng.

Where's the Loew that used to say he wants to win the ball and have it in the net in 8 seconds??? Ribery f*cks up a lot of counters for Bayern, but what I saw yesterday was MUCH worse. Every time they won the ball they took it easy, went up the flank, then passed one or two times to the centre of the pitch, and attempted either a shot or a pass into the penalty area which was intercepted 99% of the time. Every time Italy were given the chance to regroup and by the time Germany attempted to do something, there would be 8-10 defenders rather than the initial 3 or 4.

Also, is it me or was the penalty actually not a penalty?

MaCk0y wrote:What made me the most angry is at the final moments with the free kick, instead of just crossing the ball directly into the box, they passed it to Schweini and the referee whistled. There is no time left, and they pass the ball instead ? Where is the common sense with these players? If they had just crossed the ball into the box, something might have happened, who knows?

Yes, and they also did this in the first half. With just seconds to go, they chose to pass the ball in midfield rather than send a long cross forward and start one last action.

Firefox1234 wrote:I have never had a favorite team who has won a championship in any sport(i started being a Bayern and Germany fan in 2006) i guess i just have to w8 another year sigh...........

Dude just thank God you only remember from 2006 on... My earliest memory of being a Germany fan was in 2002... since then:
WC 2002: 2nd place
WC 2006: 3rd place
EURO 2008: 2nd place
CL 2010: 2nd place
WC 2010: 3rd place
CL 2012: 2nd place
EURO 2012: 3rd place

I've never seen Germany/Bayern win an international title (Hell, not even the UEFA Cup in 2008!) and it's getting much more painful with every passing tournament. Every time once we reach the final of the CL or the knockout stages of the EURO/WC (which are like finals), I am terrified of losing because they've led me to a point where I believe that we are cursed to lose. I can only imagine how much worse it is for the players.

AvatarX wrote:Next day is worse with all that teasing @ work...

Well, I had a party after the game and was already in the area to watch the game in public, and ended up having to wear the German kit all night. It's even worse with the amount of Italy fans in Malta, everyone celebrating and blowing horns and waving flags... the only good thing is that my GF is also a Germany supporter, although she only watches the NT and doesn't care about club football (she supported Germany before we met, in case you're wondering :P), so at least I could be comfortable with her. :wink:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team