You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby kiam307 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 am

MUTU wrote:Bayern have a new 2nd place now!

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=201 ... index.html

Mandzukic is 2nd in the top scorers list. :roll:

Am I the only one who noticed #2, #3 and #4 are all Marios? XD *sorry for double*
kiam307
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:26 am

walter wrote:
Kicker is predicting the same formation as in the group stage but with Klose instead of Gomez, which means that I am not amused.

No worries, Mutu. Loew is saving Gomez for a tired Italian team in the second half, I think that is part of the plan. In the second half the going into extra time against England will starting taking its toll on the Italians at which point bringing a fresh Gomez would be great, especially because of the physicality in his game.

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: [-X
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 am

Klose, Özil, Khedira, Neuer and Reus =D> =D> =D> =D>

I couldn't believe it but Italy looked like a much better and mature team. We played like a bunch of losers. Only that 5 players had a good game.

I think Löw failed miserably today with the lineup. Podolski was useless but playing Kroos instead Müller/Reus/Götze/Schürrle was the most stupid thing IMO. Our right wing was totally useless with Boateng and Khedira?? in the first half.

I can't believe this match and this season. Worst season ever.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:41 am

BTW big respect for Klose. That's how a striker has to play in modern football. Awesome performance IMO

I wish he could have played like that with Bayern
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby The Spyware » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 am

Ya Welcome
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 am

raz25 wrote:I'm finally seeing a benefit from the CL final, a loss like this almost didn't affect me at all.

It's funny cause I thought exactly the same after the game :)
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:57 am

Kroos after going out of a surgery hospital !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:04 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Klose, Özil, Khedira, Neuer and Reus =D> =D> =D> =D>

I couldn't believe it but Italy looked like a much better and mature team. We played like a bunch of losers. Only that 5 players had a good game.

I think Löw failed miserably today with the lineup. Podolski was useless but playing Kroos instead Müller/Reus/Götze/Schürrle was the most stupid thing IMO. Our right wing was totally useless with Boateng and Khedira?? in the first half.

I can't believe this match and this season. Worst season ever.

agree 100% . fed up with being top second !! when will be best of the best !!
p.s : i now hate Gomez lovers in this forum more than i hate Gomez himself !! if ones reads their comments before the game , one would think that Gomiss will make wonders !! but we all saw thay he kept looking at the big screen on his head to see if he is on or not !! not mature enough at all from a profesional player !!
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
raz25 wrote:I'm finally seeing a benefit from the CL final, a loss like this almost didn't affect me at all.

It's funny cause I thought exactly the same after the game :)

Same here!

Nonetheless, it was another heart-breaking moment this season. It really makes you wonder whether our current crop of "boys" are capable of landing an international trophy. Everything was right there for our taking: the previous results, the squad depth, the 2-day extra period, the new record broken, etc. And all of that was gone in a moment of self disbelief :evil:

About Loew, I think that his time should come to and end now. He did a very good job in bringing the current crop of youngsters together and transform them to a world-class team. But, as similar to the players themselves, he also lacks the winning mentality. Before the game he was all about Germany forcing their own game on the pitch, whereas actually he succumbed to Italy's tactics by reshuffling both the lineup and formation. Also, the guy was using the damned tournament as an experimentation medium for his squad. What the hell was the use of pre-Euro friendlies then? If you ask me, Loew would be the ultimate best assistant coach worldwide, but he is not the guy to land Germany a very long-awatied (which is now further prolonged) international cup.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:28 am

I have never had a favorite team who has won a championship in any sport(i started being a Bayern and Germany fan in 2006) i guess i just have to w8 another year sigh...........
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:24 am

MUTU wrote:Another thing, we (Germany and Bayern) REALLY need to improve our corners. We saw that clearly in the Champions League final, and now I just saw this stat on today's match which has really amazed me:

Germany - 14 corners
Italy - 0 corners.

Where are the days that Germany would score from one of three corners? That Germany would have scored 5 goals from corners alone!

This is actually a good observation. During the first half of last season when Bayern was setting all kinds of records there was a negative record going on: Bayern kicked 68 corners before one was converted to a goal by Alaba (I do not remember the game now) The last time a checked the stats a goal was produced on average every 39 corners. Bayern was way below average.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 am

I have a theory for Low's obssession with fielding Podolski (even when he was out of shape and his mind was in London): have you seen that goat that they walk in Cologne before the matches? Maybe Podolski has a picture of Low with the goat or something. :oops:
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:57 am

My take on the match:
1) Besides Germany being outplayed by Italy Joachim Low was outsmarted by Prandelli.
2) The German team looked lacking motivation and passion, just the opposite of Italy.
3) Podolski was the worst player in the whole tournament, besides being out of shape with his mind in London. Nobody can explain why JLo started him 4 times.
4) Gomez first touch is too thick for the German team, he could be effective only if there are better crosses and counterattacks providing space to operate, but he will never link well with Ozil or Reus slow rolling balls in tight spaces.
5) Kroos did not play as bad as some claim here, same with Ozil, they were not superb but decent.
6) Reus and Muller should have started on the wings
7) Khedira was the only player at Germany's level
8) If Boateng is a RB I am dating Scalett Johansson
9) Schweinsteiger was worst than in the game vs Greece
10) Lahm played worst than Schweinsteiger. His defense was also questionable vs Greece. I also question his integrity to continue as captain.
11) Badstuber played a good tournament, true he got isolated in this game but he could have done better.
12) Hummels after an outstading first game he was garbage. Van Piercie's goal was his fault, he ate the move and was left stranded, in Greece's first goal he shares responsibility (he followed Salpingitis run all along to the first post but instead of going to intercept the cross stopped running like trying to play the offside trap only to watch the ball in the back of the net), today's Balotelli's first goal: 80% his fualt, again he tried to steal the ball moving to the wrong side leaving Cassano between him and the goal (the other 20% is shared by Badstuber and Neuer)

Yesterday I was convinced Low was a genius, today I question altogether if he is the right man to carry on this generation to glory. The current German Team is tacky and flashy but lacks the winning mentality of teams from the past. I do not want the return of the Lumber Football era but this german golden generation can pass by like the Portuguesse golden generation 10 years ago without winning anything..
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:59 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I have never had a favorite team who has won a championship in any sport(i started being a Bayern and Germany fan in 2006) i guess i just have to w8 another year sigh...........

If you become a Barcelona or Real Madrid fan you 50% of winning La Liga every year. :P
Jorge
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:19 am

@Jorge I never wanted to be that bandwagon guy when i chose a team its out of nowhere for the most part until Bayern i had no specific favorite soccer team......

About the game it was horrible I believe Kroos is a CM nothing more, I dont kno why Loew and Jupp continue to play him in all sorts of places, i think it wud help his development if he stayed a CM, as for Gomez he needs wingers to be effective and he is the best striker Germany have second to Klose so Germany needs to find a way to play with him.....For the defense i think Germany have lost their defensive discipline, pre 2006 i wud never expect to see Germany defenders make such horrible mistakes, Germany needs to find that discipline that they had so many yrs ago...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team