You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 pm

raz25 wrote:

I only blame him for choosing Podolski to play, but considering the importance of the game he didn't want to risk anything I guess.

Huh, that must've been why he played a midfielder who had started no games so far to play on the wing. Safe choice!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Never in my life have I wished Spain to win a game than I do for Sunday.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Phone off enough bbm broadcasts for one day :cry:
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby raz25 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm

quaazi wrote:Huh, that must've been why he played a midfielder who had started no games so far to play on the wing. Safe choice!

You are right on that. What I meant was that he didn't want to risk by dropping a player who has 100+ caps .
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote: Lahm is not CAPTAIN MATERIAL. Neuer should be captain. :evil:

This.

Also one reaction from Kroos in the last minutes showed me what's wrong with the team. The ball was in front of him and one Italian made a tackle for it. Instead of going to the ball, Kroos chickened and turned to the ref for a foul !!!

F****ing chickens do not deserve to wear that jersey. I don't care if he is talented and everything. He is just a chicken, afraid to put his feet to the fire. WTH? Imagine Effenberg, Kahn, Klinsmann or Mathaus afraid of going to the ball :evil: :evil: :evil:
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

MUTU wrote:Never in my life have I wished Spain to win a game than I do for Sunday.

I'd say the exact opposite. **** Spain. Italy has played positive football for the first time over... ever? Spain's gimmick got old before it started, I hope balotelli hammers them all three.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby frankiecam13 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

well roll on the 2014 world cup if we get there
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby frankiecam13 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm

lets get hitzfield now
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Back to the drawing board for Germany. Podolski out for good. Reus in for good because he is only going to get better from here. I don't think Gomez is the right player for this German team but there is obviously no foreseeable replacement for him at this point, unless Loew tries to play Muller, Reus or Schuerrle as ST and we forget about having the big strong klutz upfront, which is the way modern football seems to be evolving anyways. The fullbacks need to be fullbacks, Lahm should've play RB, Schmelzer at LB (even if he is subpar he is still a LB and understand his duties pretty well and least can produce some decent overlapping runs). With Boateng as RB and Lahm as LB Germany cannot produce a single decent cross. Also, I can't believe Germany can't produce a decent CB that can clear a freakin cross, Baddy certainly can't and Hummels, boy, Hummels, is this the really next Beckenbauer??? the way hew got fckin schooled in the play that led to the first goal is just embarrassing!

The other problem right now is that I don't think Loew will achieve anymore than what he has achieved at this point (which is nothing), but just like with Gomez, what replacement do we have?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Hopefully we have developed a PROPER LB by that time so that Lahm can just stick to one side.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Was I the only one to notice Pirlo's handball to save the ball on the line after about 5 minutes of play?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm

MUTU wrote:Was I the only one to notice Pirlo's handball to save the ball on the line after about 5 minutes of play?

I didn't see that, but what I did see was Pirlo schooling our central midfield.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby raz25 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm finally seeing a benefit from the CL final, a loss like this almost didn't affect me at all.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 pm

walter wrote:
MUTU wrote:Was I the only one to notice Pirlo's handball to save the ball on the line after about 5 minutes of play?

I didn't see that, but what I did see was Pirlo schooling our central midfield.

It was with out first corner. Ball falls to Hummels' feet, Hummels beats Buffon and Pirlo saves with his hand on the line. Should have been red card & penalty.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:16 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:So this could be like another predictable and boring Bayern game this season where we have 80% possession but we just can't score

I hope Löw knows what is he doing but I'm not sure about this lineup.

Somehow I think that was the reason for losing this game. Unfortunately we had possession, but like Bayern we were predictable and boring and couldn't do anything with it. Also, like this year Bayern, we end up losing the game :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team