You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will reach the final after 90 minutes
85%
Germany will reach the final after extra time
3%
Germany will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after penalties
No votes
Italy will reach the final after extra time
No votes
Italy will reach the final after 90 minutes
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2012-06-28] Germany vs Italy

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Getting closer [-o<
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:23 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 pm

MUTU wrote:
walter wrote:
Kicker is predicting the same formation as in the group stage but with Klose instead of Gomez, which means that I am not amused.

No worries, Mutu. Loew is saving Gomez for a tired Italian team in the second half, I think that is part of the plan. In the second half the going into extra time against England will starting taking its toll on the Italians at which point bringing a fresh Gomez would be great, especially because of the physicality in his game.

Gomez doesn't need to rest. He only played around a quarter of an hour against Greece, and hasn't yet played a full match.

If you check the odds, Gomez is 5th favourite player for the Player of the Tournament award. Yet inexplicably he's ommitted and replaced by someone who's well past his expiry date and who in minutes amounting to more than 90 minutes failed to show anything dangerous bar a goal against a very weak Greek side when the keeper decided he should go out of his goal, leaving Klose to nod it in an empty net. It was arguably the easiest scoring chance that Germany had during all the Euro 2012.

This is no longer an experience game. Despite the Italians being older, the Germans are more experienced at the highest levels. How many Italian players have played in a Champions League final? Seven German players have played in 2 CL finals. Another two (Klose and Neuer) played in 1 CL final each.

Sometimes I get the feeling that first u r Gomez fan and then fcb :-)

Klose played really well, linking with other players and create with them a lot of chances and also scored.

Personally I wouldn t mind if Gomez starts but Klose should get at least 25 minutes...
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby HerrRommel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:38 pm

MUTU, choose your words carefully
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HerrRommel
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 pm

AvatarX wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that first u r Gomez fan and then fcb :-)

Klose played really well, linking with other players and create with them a lot of chances and also scored.

Personally I wouldn t mind if Gomez starts but Klose should get at least 25 minutes...

Huh? Stop trying to make fun of everything I write. I am much more of a Klose non-fan than a Gomez fan. Klose is lucky to have scored because Greece's defence was incredibly bad. In fact, in an attack which looked like Gomez was the only one capable of scoring (admittedly Podolski also got a goal off of a Gomez assist) in the group stages, 4 German players scored against Greece, with Klose being one of them.

Gomez - 80 goals in the last 2 seasons with FCB
Klose - 3 Bundesliga goals in the last 2 seasons with FCB

Take your pick ](*,)

Playing Klose instead of Gomez for me is equivalent to playing Lell instead of Lahm.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Which is Gomez and Klose's goal rate with NT?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm

MUTU wrote:Gomez - 80 goals in the last 2 seasons with FCB
Klose - 3 Bundesliga goals in the last 2 seasons with FCB

A comparison of 2 different things (TOTAL goals of Gomez vs BL goals of Klose) has totally no meaning except your desperate need to prove your point throwing meaningless (as they were with FCB, not NT) stats.

Really stop bashing Klose. Cheer for Gomez all you like, but stop bashing the top active German Goalscorer (either you like it or not). Show some class and respect man. Really....
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:59 pm

MUTU wrote: Klose is lucky to have scored because Greece's defence was incredibly bad.

I only partially agree, I heard the phrase before: "the more I try, the luckier I get", Klose tried and he got it. But besides this, Reus goal has Klose's fingerprints all over it, the type of goal that I really enjoy (what I call an anti-Spain goal) one pass from Badstuber to Ozil, another vertical pass to Klose and a shot, a follow up run by Reus to strike a lose rebound: 4 touches = one goal.
I do not follow the stats but Spain right now is producing a goal every 700 passes.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:00 pm

I think that as mentioned it makes sense to start Klose and then sub Gomez in around the 60th minute. I really hope Podolski doesn't start though
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 pm

MUTU wrote:Two balls on the pitch? :P

When we play against Italy we need a little bit of that too: two balls on the pitch. :oops:
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Which is Gomez and Klose's goal rate with NT?

Glad you asked.

Gomez will turn 27 years old.

When Klose was 27 years old (the same age as Gomez), he had scored 20 goals for the NT (2 in 2001, 12 in 2002, 1 in 2003, 5 in 2004 and 0 in 2005)
Gomez has scored 25 goals so far, despite rarely being played the full 90 minutes. I don't intend on counting the minutes they played, but I'm pretty convinced that Gomez played fewer minutes than Klose had played when he was Gomez's age.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:Two balls on the pitch? :P

When we play against Italy we need a little bit of that too: two balls on the pitch. :oops:

Or at least in the boxers :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Tom & Jerry :P
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Italy's line up provided by Bild

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Germany XI, according to Bild: Neuer; Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Reus, Özil, Podolski; Klose

:o no Mueller and no Gomez
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team