You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby Verres » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:02 pm

I think the Italians will try the same with Kroos (our engine) as they did with Iniesta the match before, which means Khedira will have a little more space but we all know how average and ineffective is his atacking game. To me it is pretty clear that if Italians score first it is pretty much game over. Most of our atackers is not in goalscoring form.

And about the optimism here, I think it was the same sorry story in 2012 in this forum. We were favorites then as we are now, but only on the paper, which suits the Italians perfectly. It will be a tight match, a lot is depending on Low (and Khedira). I hope that Muller gets his killing touch back.
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:17 pm

I see that Italian fans are talking in an arrogant way before the game, they act like if beating Germany was a mere formality. Well, I say that the Bayern players who make up the majority of this selection, have no complex versus the Italians, they have already solved this problem for several years and I think the Italians are more likely to worry to the idea of meeting the Bayern players.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby icewizard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Let Italy be overconfident... It's up to us to step up our level of play...

And we are the most able team to beat Italy... so let it happen now.

Good luck for both teams... And i hope no dirty play from both sides... And if there is italian shirt pulling or player pushing in the penalty box, i hope the referee will have balls to whistle one or several penalty kicks against them in favour of germany...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:19 pm

I dont think the Italian players are overconfident at all, just the fans. If Low anticipates they will man mark Kroos, he will insert Schweinsteiger so he can dominate midfield rather than Khedira in my opinion.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:20 pm

ottackon wrote:I see that Italian fans are talking in an arrogant way before the game, they act like if beating Germany was a mere formality. Well, I say that the Bayern players who make up the majority of this selection, have no complex versus the Italians, they have already solved this problem for several years and I think the Italians are more likely to worry to the idea of meeting the Bayern players.

hope you are right bro.
Yes amazingly enough four years ago I heard Italian pundits discussing on how to face Spain before the semi final. They are always sure of a win.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Germany has to score in the 1st half... if they don't then IMO Italy will advance.
JANCKER

Postby icewizard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I dont think the Italian players are overconfident at all, just the fans. If Low anticipates they will man mark Kroos, he will insert Schweinsteiger so he can dominate midfield rather than Khedira in my opinion.

Kroos is playing too deep for them to man mark him... Draxler will bring danger to their backline... And Müller will be Müller, aka unpredictable with runs, crosses and passes...

Why not play with a MF of Kroos, Schweinsteiger, and Khedira? With Gomez as a target man, Draxler and Müller to support him from the sides...
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:55 pm

icewizard wrote:
FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I dont think the Italian players are overconfident at all, just the fans. If Low anticipates they will man mark Kroos, he will insert Schweinsteiger so he can dominate midfield rather than Khedira in my opinion.

Kroos is playing too deep for them to man mark him... Draxler will bring danger to their backline... And Müller will be Müller, aka unpredictable with runs, crosses and passes...

Why not play with a MF of Kroos, Schweinsteiger, and Khedira? With Gomez as a target man, Draxler and Müller to support him from the sides...

You read my mind, I think it's the most stable formation for Italy. Germany played well in the WC that way, although they did switch to 4-2-3-1 in later stages.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:45 pm

ottackon wrote:I see that Italian fans are talking in an arrogant way before the game, they act like if beating Germany was a mere formality. Well, I say that the Bayern players who make up the majority of this selection, have no complex versus the Italians, they have already solved this problem for several years and I think the Italians are more likely to worry to the idea of meeting the Bayern players.

After 2012 the Italians believe in the curse. It's our biggest weapon.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby prasun77 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Very excited to meet them..
Its high time we break the curse..Its now or never..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby SBash22 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:03 pm

I'm not gonna lie.... I'm rooting for Italy

1 - Buffon is my all time favorite non-Bayern player.... I just love the guy and would love to see him win another big trophy before he retires

2 - most importantly, I'm going to see Bayern/Real Madrid in NY on August 3.... and I'm hoping that if Germany gets knocked out, maybe the German national team guys will at least make the trip..... maybe not play, but make the trip.... personally, I'd value that over winning the Euros

so I'm hoping for a low scoring game with Buffon and Neuer both making great saves.... and then ultimately Italy stealing it
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:36 pm

SBash22 wrote:I'm not gonna lie.... I'm rooting for Italy

1 - Buffon is my all time favorite non-Bayern player.... I just love the guy and would love to see him win another big trophy before he retires

2 - most importantly, I'm going to see Bayern/Real Madrid in NY on August 3.... and I'm hoping that if Germany gets knocked out, maybe the German national team guys will at least make the trip..... maybe not play, but make the trip.... personally, I'd value that over winning the Euros

so I'm hoping for a low scoring game with Buffon and Neuer both making great saves.... and then ultimately Italy stealing it

how about (ghejnejk taht saqqaja) no... ?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Sturaro to replace De Rossi...
JANCKER

Postby AvatarX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:27 pm

SBash22 wrote:I'm not gonna lie.... I'm rooting for Italy

Or how about Buffon retires on Saturday evening and you watch Euro 2016 winners on August?
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team