You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:who cares? I celebrated the whole day !!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the day karma struck them.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 pm

I am sure that had I been older when watching it live I would have felt the same way. I judge it from replays though. My earliest memory of a football game it WC final in 2002. I am sure I had watched the rest of the tournament, as I was already a German supporter by then and familiar with some of the players and I clearly remember watching games in the morning and shops all over the country setting up TVs so employers could watch the games, but the final is the only one which I can actually remember the action and the feelings. I had no clue about the SK-Italy game until a few years ago, in fact.

I do have brief glimpses of some of the adverts during 1998 though. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I am sure that had I been older when watching it live I would have felt the same way. I judge it from replays though. My earliest memory of a football game it WC final in 2002. I am sure I had watched the rest of the tournament, as I was already a German supporter by then and familiar with some of the players and I clearly remember watching games in the morning and shops all over the country setting up TVs so employers could watch the games, but the final is the only one which I can actually remember the action and the feelings. I had no clue about the SK-Italy game until a few years ago, in fact.

you are ... ?class '96...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:56 pm

tflags wrote:I still remember Germany vs Italy in 1982. It was perhaps the first game I ever rooted for Germany and that crazy looking machine called KHR. Then Rossi scored, I still hate that MF.

Awesome game on Saturday.

Actually this was my first game of football I watched. KHR admirer too.

I waited 4 years. Then 4 years more to watch Maradona crying.

In 1996 at least I saw us kick them out of the tournament with that draw. We can kick them out again. In Saturday. Just stay focus and show determination.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:50 pm

records like this are there to be broken and this is a great chance for germany, since we went and lost to iceland ill be wanting germany to lift the title now. Im aware of all the problems italy cause germany but when those players step out it should just be another match were if they focus and play well are the favourites.
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I am sure that had I been older when watching it live I would have felt the same way. I judge it from replays though. My earliest memory of a football game it WC final in 2002. I am sure I had watched the rest of the tournament, as I was already a German supporter by then and familiar with some of the players and I clearly remember watching games in the morning and shops all over the country setting up TVs so employers could watch the games, but the final is the only one which I can actually remember the action and the feelings. I had no clue about the SK-Italy game until a few years ago, in fact.

95 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

95 :)

Jees I am 11 your senior ... Lucky you that you do not remember euro 2000 and the UCL of 99...
Do you remember bayern's 2001 triumph?

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Now we will soon start seeing news of italian players who might miss the game cause of an inj or cause they picked a virus etc etc

I've told you so earlier today ...
De Rossi in doubt and Candreva will certainly miss Sat match [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:22 am

I don't... Like I said 2002 is my first memory of a football match. I was already aware of and liked Bayern around 2001 though.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:36 am

I think the record played more of a part in 2012 than it does now... they are world champions, many UCL winners, I think that pressure won't get to them this time. This group of players is solid and steadfast, I reckon they'll come out better than they did in 2012. Germany has also transformed its playing style since then, and personnel has changed and many have improved.
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:12 am

tflags wrote:I still remember Germany vs Italy in 1982. It was perhaps the first game I ever rooted for Germany and that crazy looking machine called KHR. Then Rossi scored, I still hate that MF.

Awesome game on Saturday.

Actually this was my first game of football I watched. KHR admirer too.

I waited 4 years. Then 4 years more to watch Maradona crying.

In 1996 at least I saw us kick them out of the tournament with that draw. We can kick them out again. In Saturday. Just stay focus and show determination.

I think I am only a bit older so my very first memory of a football match is actually the final in 78. I only have glimpses of memory at Holland hitting the post seconds till the end and all that confetti. Spain 82 was truly my first WC and as a South American (and very proud at that) I was rooting for Brazil, the best Brazil ever. Zico, Careca, Eder, Dr Socrates. THat was Brazil at its best. Then that f*cker Rossi showed up and his antics.
Germany came out of nowhere. And boy those bastards never stopped. Enjoying Germany just grew up on me. You had to respect them.
Maradona for me is 86. After that he simply doesn't exist. He was born in May of 86 and died in July of the same year. Short life, but he'll, it was the best. I must have watched his every game 20 times on my video 8 recorder.
I think it is great to share these memories with people who enjoy the same passion. Kudos to this thread. I had a rough day today and hell this just lighten it up a lot. :P
tflags

Postby German-American » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:29 am

This will be a game for the ages!! The favorite of the tournament will emerge from this game IMHO. Italy have been extremely effective with their tactics, but our defense has been stellar. Both teams can win this, its a throw up. Here is to some good revenge from four years ago for the Germans!!!
German-American
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 am

The truth is if Italy win this game* then no one deserves the cup as much as them.

*fairly

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:41 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The truth is if Italy win this game* then no one deserves the cup as much as them.

*fairly

the vikings...
if they are to meet Iceland they will fail.
If it is France it will be a different story alltogether

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:51 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I think the record played more of a part in 2012 than it does now...

What we'd all forgotten (including me) is that "the record" can remain AND Germany can advance. Wins via penalty-shootout are considered draws.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team