You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby ottackon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:16 pm

No Draxler and 3 CBs at the back ? Oh dear, I hope Bild is wrong ...

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:18 pm

In less than 8 hours it's Showtime!

I haven't feel that excited for a game for 2 years (until 2014 WC final vs Argentina).

I can't say that I am very confident, but I am sure that we'll fight. In fact I feel way less confident than 2012 when I thought it would be a walk in the park. I believe players learned a lesson that day - and Italy vs Spain reminded them that lesson. Not to underestimate Italy and play with passion for the win.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Lukas » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Please don't try any funky stuff Jogi #-o [-X

I'd love to think the curse can be broken tonight, it has to happen some time. Italy had a poor record against Spain, hopefully it's time to turn the tables. On the other hand I can't see it.

My flag is up and I'll be drinking the disgusting Kräuterliqor I got given by some rural Bavarians which I only save for very special Germany and Bayern matches. Hope it's worth it
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:58 pm

^This^. I hope Loew stays with the 11 he last used and don't try anything new at this game.
:: Lass uns ein Computer sein ::
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Loew don't be a sissy and put in Draxler... [-X he's going back for the more cautious approach like in the two first games of the tournament. It could work out but...
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:26 pm

fuc* him if he experiment again... he has already fuc**d it up four years ago.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:33 pm

That defense with THOSE 3 CBs will ensure a clean sheet..rest muller/ozil/gomez can manage.. 8)
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:40 pm

ramsej84 wrote:fuc* him if he experiment again... he has already fuc**d it up four years ago.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Why are you worried? I thought you are 100% sure Italy will win anyway
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:41 pm

I think it's the end of the road for Germany! The Italians have the recipe against them and they are playing extremely good in this tournament despite the lack of talent, their defense is working better than ever(Yes! better than WC 06) they are convincing and they have passed their tests at the fullest against Beglium & Spain! I can't say the same thing for the Germans, yes they play fantastic football but I think they're vulnerable against the Italian tactics! Neuer must have a... max Neuer performance and Jogi must not try anything tricky like 2012 were he demolished everything in a single game!

I'm excited about the game, the control attack from Germany against the absolute rock solid defense of Italy, classic EURO game afterall!
I want Germany to go all the way but the tradition against Italy doesn't make me to believe that, this Italy has something that I rarely see on them, they play as a unit more than ever and being passionate more than ever, the same thing Chiellini & Buffon mentioned I think before the game vs Spain.
It's just that Muller & Ozil are hugely underperforming if these two players were at their best I'd bet for Germany but they are awful.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mats19 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:24 pm

It's Showtime!!
So much things going on in this match!
I'm excited, Italy has been great, so do Die Mannschaft who managed to keep clean sheets.. We have too many World Class players, I'm confident we'll pass through..
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:24 pm

I think Bilds prediction will come true but Id put Draxler in for Ozil in such a formation, or move Muller up to striker and play Ozil and Draxler behind him. This is the formation Low used in the 4-1 friendly, lets see how it works out today
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I think Bilds prediction will come true but Id put Draxler in for Ozil in such a formation, or move Muller up to striker and play Ozil and Draxler behind him. This is the formation Low used in the 4-1 friendly, lets see how it works out today

Yes, when they had Acerbi and Darmian next to Bonucci :| :| :| :|
I really hope this doesn't happen. Why on earth would he count on Howedes which has been absolute bunny crap so far? At least throw Mustafi. Don't pit the slowest of the squad against a very in form Florenzi and an even more in form Eder.
And benching Draxler after how he fared against Slovakia would be even a worse decision.
Nonononono, Jogi, come to your smelly senses, man

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Lukas wrote:Please don't try any funky stuff Jogi #-o [-X

I'd love to think the curse can be broken tonight, it has to happen some time. Italy had a poor record against Spain, hopefully it's time to turn the tables. On the other hand I can't see it.

My flag is up and I'll be drinking the disgusting Kräuterliqor I got given by some rural Bavarians which I only save for very special Germany and Bayern matches. Hope it's worth it

Kräuterliqor? Is that a cabbage based liquor? Sounds nasty xD

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby zozon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:14 pm

3-0 for Germany. Time to send a big message for the others against Italy.

Muller to score 2. :idea:
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby zozon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Lukas wrote:Please don't try any funky stuff Jogi #-o [-X

Kräuterliqor? Is that a cabbage based liquor? Sounds nasty xD

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

No, some kind of Jagermeister I guess. Liqueur, herbs, spices and stuff...
zozon
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team