You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby Lukas » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Wow. What an incredible recovery. A marvel of modern medicine :roll:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rajeshmanne » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 pm

I am delighted De Rossi is injured and highly unlikely to face Germany not sure what all fuss with motta who was substitution Italy beat Spain 2-0 . Italy have to be careful almost against germany almost all first team members are on booking if they play the usual rough physical game they probably would come hard right away . Kimmich I am not sure about his credentials and Hector they both will have tough time against italy's wing backs hopefully some one like Cheillini or bonucci gets injured in training then it is germany all the way. with all the negative record against azurri we can cope with them. Bastian should be in starting eleven don't want khedira. my big worry is our full backs hector and kimmich both of them capable of making deadly errors. can't we play howedes in place of Kimmich? not that can defend he is great defender he is very good in scoring header like hummels . Kimmich is small not sure he can deal with Italian monster thugs in Italian setpieces or german.

Candreva has unbelievable pace hector will have busy night Insigne is very fast young legs even if Italy has only 40 % possession can actually counter attack the best in the world in that category and win 1-0 or 2-0.
They will always be tough nut funny how many have dismissed them . Bastian have to dominate the midfield and kroos have to do lot of defense work. Muller , Gomez are struggling to score goals they missed quite a few chances you cannot do that against big team like Italy. I can't rate the win against Slovakia as unbelievable rubbish team.

I don't know why feel like there would be few bookings or even red card I am going a 2-1 germany win in extra time or Italy 1-0 inside 90 mins. all in all 50/50 match even without De Rossi and Thiago Motta. If it goes to penalties then its Germany all the way.
My uncle unbelievably predicated all quarterfinal teams all of them proved correct including Iceland and Portugal who are in now semifinal. lol.
rajeshmanne
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:36 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Birthday

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm

An interesting comment on the 3-5-2. I wonder... :-k
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Here's Ancelotti's take on the match:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ty-experi/
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Anybody with facebook, please go to this article and post to help straighten the facts:

http://www.espnfc.com/italy/story/29049 ... trapattoni

It has nothing to do with Trappatoni. It has to do with the stupid writer claiming that Italy has beaten Germany EIGHT times in tournaments rather than four.

I posted using my two fb accts (Heiko Bruchs, Ashelton Blake), and I also tweeted directly to the fool. But if anyone else wants to help get the word out, go to the article and post the correct info.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:12 pm

RB624 wrote:Here's Ancelotti's take on the match:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ty-experi/

These articles he writes really make me look forward to next season. He comes across as a very sensible coach who can analyse the game objectively.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:16 pm

RB624 wrote:Anybody with facebook, please go to this article and post to help straighten the facts:

http://www.espnfc.com/italy/story/29049 ... trapattoni

It has nothing to do with Trappatoni. It has to do with the stupid writer claiming that Italy has beaten Germany EIGHT times in tournaments rather than four.

I posted using my two fb accts (Heiko Bruchs, Ashelton Blake), and I also tweeted directly to the fool. But if anyone else wants to help get the word out, go to the article and post the correct info.

This guy's comment really sums up what I think about the game perfectly:

The "streak" should have ended in 2006 when the ref called a penalty in the 81st minute against Italy and then changed his mind because he saw where he had called what he thought was a "simple foul."

As a Germany fan, I will never forgive the footballing world for that slight. That being said ... Saturday, I think Germany finally "officially" get the monkey off their collective backs. Italy are tactically supreme, and at least this team isn't diving like the 2006 team did. They've played excellent football. Germany, however, have hit their stride and have already gotten the "Mini-monkey" off their backs with the 3-0 win over the Slowaks.

It will come down, I think, to this: If Germany score first and force Italy to chase the game, it's all over. That's not Italy's style. If Italy score first, it will be very difficult for Germany to crack that perfectly formed defense. It's not out-and-out Catenaccio, but it's close. Löw will play his game, but he will leave Boateng and Hummels back further than usual and let Kroos and Özil run the show.

Key players for Germany? Kimmich, for sure. He's delivered quite a few perfect crosses in the games he's played. Now that Gomez will be playing, Germany have an intimidating presence at the No. 9. Among all this, I also think that Müller is due to break out. He should have three goals if not for posts, so I look for him to give Italy fits. He is the one player for whom all opponents have to plan exclusively. If TM is on, as I suspect he will be, that will go a long way toward propelling the Germans into the semis.

Italy have played spectacularly. But I think Germany are more inventive than Spain, especially because of Gomez up top as a true CF. I predict Germany will win 2-0, or perhaps 2-1. If they score early, it might be 3 or 4 as Italy have to crawl out of their turtle shell.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:06 pm

I just hope that I don't end up with a severe heartburn like when we played Rubentus at the allianz arena last march.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I just hope that I don't end up with a severe heartburn like when we played Rubentus at the allianz arena last march.

I wouldn't mind experiencing something like that again. That was amongst the most phenomenal feelings I've had, not just in football but in my life.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

and Italian footballers are those who cheat the most.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB Puerto Rico » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:05 pm

I know one game doesn't determine a player, but if Draxler puts in a good performance vs Italy, after playing very well vs Slovakia, do you guys think Bayern will show some interest in him? A german playmaking winger, in a team where Robben and Ribery are consistently unavailable?
FCB Puerto Rico
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 pm

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I know one game doesn't determine a player, but if Draxler puts in a good performance vs Italy, after playing very well vs Slovakia, do you guys think Bayern will show some interest in him? A german playmaking winger, in a team where Robben and Ribery are consistently unavailable?

Depends on what the situation is with Sane I guess.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:35 am

FCB Puerto Rico wrote:I know one game doesn't determine a player, but if Draxler puts in a good performance vs Italy, after playing very well vs Slovakia, do you guys think Bayern will show some interest in him? A german playmaking winger, in a team where Robben and Ribery are consistently unavailable?

Considering he's been at Wolfsburg for just one year and he's just started to show his true value in the second half of the season, I have strong doubts a move for him at this time is on the books.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team