You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:52 pm

ramsej84 wrote:In 2012 Pirlo should have been sent off for handling the ball while guarduing the post from a corner.
The game was just three minutes old.
Who remembers it?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

I forgot it. 0:14 but you can't tell if he used his hands or not.

Unlike this... Frings vs USA, 2002:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:16 pm

of course he did... it was clear enough back then and today... even he was afraid...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:33 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:40 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:In 2012 Pirlo should have been sent off for handling the ball while guarduing the post from a corner.
The game was just three minutes old.
Who remembers it?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

I forgot it. 0:14 but you can't tell if he used his hands or not.

If I remember correctly it was not handled.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:41 pm

MUTU wrote:

The ball clearly played Frings' hand. It was not a handball. Tired of people saying it should've been called. His hand is down, and the ball hit his hand. No foul, no penalty.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:46 pm

RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

The ball clearly played Frings' hand. It was not a handball. Tired of people saying it should've been called. His hand is down, and the ball hit his hand. No foul, no penalty.

A goalbound effort was blocked on the line with a hand that was away from the body. Irrespective of intent or not, it's a clear penalty.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 pm

To be honest even a penalty is unfair in such a situation. It should be a goal awarded.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

A goalbound effort was blocked on the line with a hand that was away from the body. Irrespective of intent or not, it's a clear penalty.

Goalbound has no relevance according to the laws of the game. The hand was away from the body, but it was already there (if I am remembering correctly). It did not move at all to meet the ball. The ball found it.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:To be honest even a penalty is unfair in such a situation. It should be a goal awarded.

I agree, just like Suarez vs Ghana should have been a goal awarded. But there's no such rule in football. This is a stonewall penalty, but I wouldn't give Frings a yellow or red card.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:55 pm

RB624 wrote:Goalbound has no relevance according to the laws of the game. The hand was away from the body, but it was already there (if I am remembering correctly). It did not move at all to meet the ball. The ball found it.

The point is that had Frings not been with his hand hanging away from his body, it would have been a goal for USA. Awarding a penalty for the incident would be the least the ref could and should have done.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Common sense referees, seeing that moment clearly, would always award a penalty (as a clear goal can't be awarded). "the ball finding it" is absolutely idiotic. If you actually read the laws of the game, you'll find that "goalbound" actually has a lot of relevance in sending a player off.

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.
[Laws of the Game 2011, page 113]

Obviously this is, under current rules, accompanied by a penalty kick as well.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:03 pm

quaazi wrote:Common sense referees, seeing that moment clearly, would always award a penalty (as a clear goal can't be awarded). "the ball finding it" is absolutely idiotic. If you actually read the laws of the game, you'll find that "goalbound" actually has a lot of relevance in sending a player off.

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

Under new rules, where referees will have access to video replays, they would have a hard time proving intent by Frings, but the penalty kick should still happen. It's a penalty kick with no card to Frings IMO.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:10 pm

quaazi wrote:Common sense referees, seeing that moment clearly, would always award a penalty (as a clear goal can't be awarded). "the ball finding it" is absolutely idiotic. If you actually read the laws of the game, you'll find that "goalbound" actually has a lot of relevance in sending a player off.

In my opinion, "idiotic" would be bringing up the law about sending off for a deliberate handball when that has nothing to do with this case in point.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RB624 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
RB624 wrote:Goalbound has no relevance according to the laws of the game. The hand was away from the body, but it was already there (if I am remembering correctly). It did not move at all to meet the ball. The ball found it.

The point is that had Frings not been with his hand hanging away from his body, it would have been a goal for USA. Awarding a penalty for the incident would be the least the ref could and should have done.

All the time we see no call given when shots and crosses hit players' arms above their waists and away from their bodies. As long as the player is making a natural movement, the refs don't call it. That's the way it goes 90% of the time. Just like if they slide and the ball hits their raised arm, it is not called. Frings had one hand on the post and stretched toward the play with the hand down. That is a natural movement. Players shield their faces and bodies from quick shots with their arms extended, and it is hardly ever called as a penalty. I know I won't change your mind, but I'm just letting you know you won't change mine :D
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:29 pm

De Rossi is training with the rest of the squad. They are positive that he can make it. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team