You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Germany will go through inside 90 minutes
55%
Germany will go through after extra time
10%
Germany will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through on penalties
10%
Italy will go through after extra time
No votes
Italy will go through inside 90 minutes
15%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2016-07-02] Germany vs Italy

Postby SBash22 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
SBash22 wrote:I'm not gonna lie.... I'm rooting for Italy

1 - Buffon is my all time favorite non-Bayern player.... I just love the guy and would love to see him win another big trophy before he retires

2 - most importantly, I'm going to see Bayern/Real Madrid in NY on August 3.... and I'm hoping that if Germany gets knocked out, maybe the German national team guys will at least make the trip..... maybe not play, but make the trip.... personally, I'd value that over winning the Euros

so I'm hoping for a low scoring game with Buffon and Neuer both making great saves.... and then ultimately Italy stealing it

how about (ghejnejk taht saqqaja) no... ?

yeah I mean, I have no allegiance to the German national team.... I'm not a German citizen nor do I live in the country..... I'm a Bayern fan.... just like I dont care if Poland, Austria, Spain, Portugal, etc win or lose despite having Bayern players on those teams

all I know is, I have tickets for August 3.... if they lose, there will be a month between the game vs Italy and that game vs Real Madrid.... if that gives me a slight chance of those guys making the trip to the US, I'm all for it.... because if they continue to advance in the Euros, there is no chance they'll make the trip to the US
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:02 am

“Why do they suffer so much with Italy in football? Because it is in their mentality to think that Germany dominate the whole world. With all due respect, that’s the same mentality as Merkel… However then we turn up, these little geniuses, and they suffer a huge amount. There’s no guarantee Germany will win. In fact, I tip Italy to take it in extra time.”

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Lukas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:21 am

BBC "expert" Mark Lawrenson's predicition:

Germany v Italy (Bordeaux, 20:00 BST)

Italy will love being the underdogs and I would fancy them against pretty much every other team in the last eight - but they are playing Germany, who have basically strolled through the tournament so far.

Germany have always had a very fluid style but they look a lot more like scoring now they have Mario Gomez as a focal point up front, which was the one thing they were missing at the start of the competition.

This will be a very tough test for them but they have got the quality and mindset they need to beat Italy, and go on to win Euro 2016.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

This is pretty much everyone's prediction over here, that Germany will win easily. They have no idea about the "curse", and are shocked when I tell them
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:33 am

Kassai will ref the match - More than the curse I am more concerned about the choice of ref. This guy has already managed Sweden vs Italy and I remember saying to myself that he let many dirty fouls especially breaking Ibra, go on unpunished - saving the Italians many more yellow cards than they should actually have right now.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Kassai will ref the match - More than the curse I am more concerned about the choice of ref. This guy has already managed Sweden vs Italy and I remember saying to myself that he let many dirty fouls especially breaking Ibra, go on unpunished - saving the Italians many more yellow cards than they should actually have right now.

NOO the worst ref...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:34 pm

I think he's a very good referee and it's good that he is a bit lenient considering the number of players risking suspension.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think he's a very good referee and it's good that he is a bit lenient considering the number of players risking suspension.

I don't think that we will like it if he is very lenient just to the Italians but then the Germans get booked unecessarily like the Hummels' yellow.

Btw-ramsej I found this which I think your Italian fanboys friends will like very much because it touches exactly the stereotypes they like to bring out.
eg. confusing WC & Euro titles on purpose - they have 2 Euro titles to catch up and the last one they got was 1968 just 2 years after England won their World Cup – yet they make fun of most England supporters that they weren’t born yet.
Or that they made Germans cry because they won the WC in 2006 when Germany won both a WC & Euro in Italy.

Spoiler: show
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Even when Bayern demolished Barça at the Allianz, he was very bad.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:28 pm

ottackon wrote:Even when Bayern demolished Barça at the Allianz, he was very bad.

No Italian team was involved then.

He was the referee of the WC 2010 semi final Germany - Spain :(
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:eg. confusing WC & Euro titles on purpose - they have 2 Euro titles to catch up and the last one they got was 1968 just 2 years after England won their World Cup – yet they make fun of most England supporters that they weren’t born yet.
Or that they made Germans cry because they won the WC in 2006 when Germany won both a WC & Euro in Italy.

I always find it funny that they keep playing Notti Magiche during WCs (especially in 2006) when that was Germany's summer :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:03 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:eg. confusing WC & Euro titles on purpose - they have 2 Euro titles to catch up and the last one they got was 1968 just 2 years after England won their World Cup – yet they make fun of most England supporters that they weren’t born yet.

I always find it funny that they keep playing Notti Magiche during WCs (especially in 2006) when that was Germany's summer :)

same here ... I always thought that this song should make them sad!!!!

now for you who understand italian just read this incredible article. I am not going to translate it as I don't want to make ppl sick

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/sp ... 602a.shtml

fu**** bastards...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:29 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

same here ... I always thought that this song should make them sad!!!!

now for you who understand italian just read this incredible article. I am not going to translate it as I don't want to make ppl sick

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/sp ... 602a.shtml

fu**** bastards...

Let them be overconfident. :)
- They are the only ones talking about history. Loew was clear that the Germans aren't thinking about it. Let them be lulled into a false sense of security.

- Miskin Gomez, he never scored against Buffon and co. :(

Spoiler: show

- Conte the 12th man sure worked well against Muller and co. in 2013. :lol:

- They run more because they never have the ball.

- Apart from EURO 2012, there has never been a Neuer vs Buffon game in which Neuer conceded more goals than Buffon. It's 4-1 in Neuer's favour cari amici (oops, wasn't that also the scoreline last time Buffon played vs Germany?)

- And best of all, dear Pepe Ferrario, the Blue shirt certainly worked very nicely vs the White one on 13 July 2014. :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ :cheers: :lolno:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Just like the English keep playing Football's Coming Home :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:44 pm

De Rossi is still training individually. His replacement, if he can't make it, Sturaro, has apparently not convinced Conte. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
De Rossi is still training individually. His replacement, if he can't make it, Sturaro, has apparently not convinced Conte. [source]
de Rossi will be there... mark my words. They are trying to confuse Loew

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team