You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-03-25] Germany vs Iceland

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Iceland will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2021-03-25] Germany vs Iceland

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:54 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said before, there should be more strict rules regarding National Team football. Not only players but coaches should only be allowed to represent their own country. Then I'd consider supporting Spain

But once you have situations like Fabio Capello coaching England, Diego Costa playing for Spain, Cacau playing for Germany, Jorginho playing for Italy... they even wanted Dani Olmo to play for Croatia :roll:

I'm proud of being Spanish, but I like Bundesliga and Bayern Munich. I also like the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA and I don't support any Spanish basketball team at all.
Personal question which obviously you can skip.
Do Basques , and Catalonians (there are others afaik but forgot the name) support the Furia Roja ?-
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:01 pm

It depends

Some Basques like the Spanish NT, some hate it and others can't be bothered. Same with Catalans.

But I would say that the percentage of football fans that don't support Spain is higher in the Basque Country
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:It depends

Some Basques like the Spanish NT, some hate it and others can't be bothered. Same with Catalans.

But I would say that the percentage of football fans that don't support Spain is higher in the Basque Country
Maybe cause many from Barca are chosen with the NT
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:37 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said before, there should be more strict rules regarding National Team football. Not only players but coaches should only be allowed to represent their own country. Then I'd consider supporting Spain

But once you have situations like Fabio Capello coaching England, Diego Costa playing for Spain, Cacau playing for Germany, Jorginho playing for Italy... they even wanted Dani Olmo to play for Croatia :roll:

I'm proud of being Spanish, but I like Bundesliga and Bayern Munich. I also like the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA and I don't support any Spanish basketball team at all.
I liked the Mavs for this random player from some German town whose parents apparently once bought their beds from my father... But Cuban is too weird for me in the long run
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Maybe you should get your memory checked because it's not the first time you ask me this question :coffee: :mrgreen:
Cause tbh cases like yours' and that of @Lukas' (coming from very big countries with gigantic football tradition) are hard to believe and kind of accept.
Although I can understand yours ; since you come from a culturally divided country.
Actually I always thought that only us Maltese do that.... here we have football fans who detest the NT and do not follow it at all & would even support Ita Eng or Ger if these three had to play Malta!

Why is it hard to accept? Just because I’m not a raving nationalist like your good self :P :wink:

Do you not think that England is divided, politically at least? Especially regarding a certain relationship which we’ve now lost?

I don’t care for national sentiment, so support the team of a country I really like to visit and have some good friends in
Last edited by Lukas on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Maybe you should get your memory checked because it's not the first time you ask me this question :coffee: :mrgreen:
Cause tbh cases like yours' and that of @Lukas' (coming from very big countries with gigantic football tradition) are hard to believe and kind of accept.
Although I can understand yours ; since you come from a culturally divided country.
Actually I always thought that only us Maltese do that.... here we have football fans who detest the NT and do not follow it at all & would even support Ita Eng or Ger if these three had to play Malta!

Why is it hard to accept? Just because I’m not a raving nationalist like your good self :P :wink:

Do you not think the England is divided, politically at least? Especially regarding a certain relationship which we’ve now lost?
It’s only "Divided" when the outcome is NOT in ramsej‘s favor, DUH!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:06 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Why is it hard to accept? Just because I’m not a raving nationalist like your good self :wink:

Do you not think that England is divided, politically at least? Especially regarding a certain relationship which we’ve now lost?

I don’t care for national sentiment, so support the team of a country I really like to visit and have some good friends in
Cause football is like Rel for you ...
Kind of...
And I have never seen or met a Brit like you
Are there more in your Brethren ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:07 am

The thing was basically just Xabi saying "us"... I‘ve seen more people being like Brazil (hipster ) fans and whatnot... But never someone saying "us"...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:10 am

#12 wrote:The thing was basically just Xabi saying "us"... I‘ve seen more people being like Brazil (hipster ) fans and whatnot... But never someone saying "us"...
Maltese football fans say it for England Italy and some even for Germany
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:39 am

Time to change the subject, don't you guys think the same? :wink:

Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:23 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Any formation that includes all of the following players would be good

Neuer
Kimmich, Gündogan, Goretzka
Sane, Werner, Gnabry

:coffee:

- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Any formation that includes all of the following players would be good

Neuer
Sane, Werner, Gnabry

Looks good but Emre Can! Is it possible that there is no one better in that pos?... when has also to consider that Can is a cdm
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 am

ramsej84 wrote:Is it possible that there is no one better in that pos?

"Look, look! ramsej84's writing about us now!"

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Fénix » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:55 am

YlonenXabi wrote:

Neuer
Sane, Werner, Gnabry

=D> =D> =D>

It's the only expected line-up where the best possible options are fielded in the starting 11. I'm very happy for Gündogan, he absolutely deserves it to be starter instead of Kroos. The same for all other guys. Defensive line I'm not going to comment, either. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

His destiny was to lose some 30-40 international caps because of Schweini, Müller and Kroos in the last 7-8 years or else he would have been one of the most capped players with Neuer and Kimmich.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Oh well .... enjoy the ride folks

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team