You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-03-25] Germany vs Iceland

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:45 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Iceland will win
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [2021-03-25] Germany vs Iceland

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:56 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, but I support Germany. After all I follow Bundesliga way more than La Liga and there are always many players from Bayern.

How am I going to support a Spanish side full of Real Madrid and Barcelona players when they play against Neuer, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sane, Gnabry, Süle or Müller :?: :!:

Good point, I also support Bayern and Germany and can only name a couple of Maltese NT players but if they were all playing for Real Madrid and Barcelona I'd also root for Germany to beat Malta.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 pm

I would root for Bayern over any Maltese team including the one I support, but I would support Malta against any NT. Not that I care too much for the Maltese NT - but I don’t even consider myself a Germany supporter anymore, either though I used to be.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I would root for Bayern over any Maltese team including the one I support, but I would support Malta against any NT. Not that I care too much for the Maltese NT - but I don’t even consider myself a Germany supporter anymore, either though I used to be.
If I had read this post some fifteen minutes ago I would have reported you to Alex Muscat as he was with me at the showroom

How can you?!?! Maybe cause you are not from Sliema...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I would root for Bayern over any Maltese team including the one I support, but I would support Malta against any NT. Not that I care too much for the Maltese NT - but I don’t even consider myself a Germany supporter anymore, either though I used to be.
If I had read this post some fifteen minutes ago I would have reported you to Alex Muscat as he was with me at the showroom

:lol: :lol:

He's probably already annoyed at me because I couldn't provide them with a Portuguese translation. :mrgreen: Though I'm not sure he knows it was me they were dealing with as he did it through a committee member.

I attended my first local game only 9 years ago and never followed Maltese football before. I have been a Bayern fan all my life. I think the choice is obvious, although I like both clubs and am a paid up member of both.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

He's probably already annoyed at me because I couldn't provide them with a Portuguese translation. :mrgreen: Though I'm not sure he knows it was me they were dealing with as he did it through a committee member.

I attended my first local game only 9 years ago and never followed Maltese football before. I have been a Bayern fan all my life. I think the choice is obvious, although I like both clubs and am a paid up member of both.
But you are Maltese and not Bavarian

For me Birkirkara 1st , Malta 2nd , FCB 3rd
In Jan 2001 when Bayern visited Malta and played our NT I supported Malta but spent the whole game worrying for the bayern players
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:15 pm

And then Nenad Veselj humiliated Kahn
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes, but I support Germany. After all I follow Bundesliga way more than La Liga and there are always many players from Bayern.

How am I going to support a Spanish side full of Real Madrid and Barcelona players when they play against Neuer, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sane, Gnabry, Süle or Müller :?: :!:
Sorry, no offense, just checking!

Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:54 am

Maybe you should get your memory checked because it's not the first time you ask me this question :coffee: :mrgreen:
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:07 am

MUTU wrote:And then Nenad Veselj humiliated Kahn
Three years before Joe Brincat did it as well... (1-2) o.g by the mafioso darren debono, Brincat makes it 1-1 and then I think Bassler wins it for the visitors
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:16 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Maybe you should get your memory checked because it's not the first time you ask me this question :coffee: :mrgreen:
Cause tbh cases like yours' and that of @Lukas' (coming from very big countries with gigantic football tradition) are hard to believe and kind of accept.
Although I can understand yours ; since you come from a culturally divided country.
Actually I always thought that only us Maltese do that.... here we have football fans who detest the NT and do not follow it at all & would even support Ita Eng or Ger if these three had to play Malta!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:And then Nenad Veselj humiliated Kahn
Three years before Joe Brincat did it as well... (1-2) o.g by the mafioso darren debono, Brincat makes it 1-1 and then I think Bassler wins it for the visitors

Darren Debono also made an own goal against Bayern :)
The winning goal was scored by Stephan Passlack BTW.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:08 am

Still... I always cheer and want Germany to be beaten and destroyed when Croatia face Germany.

So, it's completely normal for me even if in the starting line-up there's 7-8 Bayern players. I don't care about that and I should forget that as much as all foreigners and mercenaries in other leagues forget Germany, England, Spain, Italy, France when they face those countries with their own homelands.
I cheer to see them losing big time because my country and my people go first and I like when we demolish Italia, Deutschland, England, Argentina, Spain and only 2 big nations that we can't win since 1994 are that junk France and damn Portugal, Croatia is pure catastrophe against them. Even México is our gata negra.

But... there are always exceptions. :D I met few Croatian guys who like more Germany than Croatia and it's because of that diaspora and Gastarbeiter motives.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Maybe you should get your memory checked because it's not the first time you ask me this question :coffee: :mrgreen:
I thought I had some déjà vue... But don’t hit so hard, it was also not the first time you answered it...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Cause tbh cases like yours' and that of @Lukas' (coming from very big countries with gigantic football tradition) are hard to believe and kind of accept.
Although I can understand yours ; since you come from a culturally divided country.
Actually I always thought that only us Maltese do that.... here we have football fans who detest the NT and do not follow it at all & would even support Ita Eng or Ger if these three had to play Malta!
Meh... I still assume he‘s primarily a soccer fan... But I also know about his admiration for (Guardiola’s) Barcelona which made me conclude... However, probably the same reason!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:50 pm

As I said before, there should be more strict rules regarding National Team football. Not only players but coaches should only be allowed to represent their own country. Then I'd consider supporting Spain

But once you have situations like Fabio Capello coaching England, Diego Costa playing for Spain, Cacau playing for Germany, Jorginho playing for Italy... they even wanted Dani Olmo to play for Croatia :roll:

I'm proud of being Spanish, but I like Bundesliga and Bayern Munich. I also like the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA and I don't support any Spanish basketball team at all.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team