You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Germany will progress
95%
Greece will progress
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-06-22] Germany vs Greece

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 pm

From what I'm reading: 15 games, 15 wins, 46 goals scored, 13 goals conceded =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Germany has a problem with arrogance right now. They came into the second half thinking the game was over, and the Greeks punished them. Only later did they get their head out of their ass and scored 3 in anger. That Boateng handball just came out of nowhere anyway.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Sydaney » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Schweini definately had a very bad day, perhaps Kroos could have played...but Boeteng was the worse. Samaras tried kicking all the key players early on before finally getting carded. #-o
Sydaney
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:04 pm

quaazi wrote:Germany has a problem with arrogance right now. They came into the second half thinking the game was over, and the Greeks punished them. Only later did they get their head out of their ass and scored 3 in anger. That Boateng handball just came out of nowhere anyway.

That's happening each time that they go ahead, i am getting paranoid, nearly expecting the equaliser to come within 20 mins.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:From what I'm reading: 15 games, 15 wins, 46 goals scored, 13 goals conceded =D> =D>

and if i'm not mistaken 15 wins is a record. but those are just statistics that nobody will remember. winning the next 2 games is the most important thing, otherwise everything will have been for nothing once again.
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Sydaney wrote:Schweini definately had a very bad day, perhaps Kroos could have played...but Boeteng was the worse. Samaras tried kicking all the key players early on before finally getting carded. #-o

I was hoping he gets the card before really injuring someone
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes. Arrogance is a problem as I said earlier in this thread and Germany almost paid for it. Fortunately Khedira and then Klose responded quickly and there was no harm done.

Too wasteful upfront IMO, especially in the first half. Schuerrle (mainly) and Reus were too selfish IMO, shooting whenever they get the ball and Klose waste one good chance.

Greece was worse than I expected, especially in defence where they made too many mistakes. At least they tried to turn things around, but the class difference between the two teams is huge.

Now bring us Italy and then Spain ! :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I think Reus has earned his place as a starter for next game, of course in place of Poldi. Muller should be back definitely! Schurrle can be good as an impact sub but not as a starter ahead of Muller.

I don't know about the Gomez/Klose issue though. Klose linked-up well with the others, but also had a lit of misplaced passes. Gomez has definitely improved in this aspect as evident by the last couple games, so I would go back to start him against the big guys. Plus, off-the-bench Gomez cannot be considered as an impact sub, while Klose can always come up with a trademark header whether coming off the bench or not.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm

I still think Reus is way too lazy to be considered for a starter role in the big games coming up.

... unless he was played in the Özil role, which I doubt.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:and if i'm not mistaken 15 wins is a record. but those are just statistics that nobody will remember. winning the next 2 games is the most important thing, otherwise everything will have been for nothing once again.

I agree, and yes it's a record. :)

About Gomez/Klose, I think Gomez deserves to be the starter and he should have been subbed in earlier. However, I have to say I was very very happy that Klose managed to score. He is a legend and will always be one of my favourite German players.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 pm

quaazi wrote:I still think Reus is way too lazy to be considered for a starter role in the big games coming up.

I would play Reus against Spain as a sub to hit them in the counter, but yes, he is too lazy.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 pm

^ Agreed.

I love Klose, but I want our controversial bastard back to continue his goal-scoring streak!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 pm

BTW what do you guys think about Ozil's performance. Some people seem to be criticizing him, but for me Ozil and Khedira were the best players.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm

quaazi wrote:I still think Reus is way too lazy to be considered for a starter role in the big games coming up.

I would play Reus against Spain as a sub to hit them in the counter, but yes, he is too lazy.

Lazy yes, but more efficient than Podolski. Plus, he seems to have developed a good understanding with Loew's untouchable Ozil.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby walter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

BTW what do you guys think about Ozil's performance.

Really good, but could've been OUT OF THIS WORLD, if he would have finished one of the two good chances he had.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby AvatarX » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:BTW what do you guys think about Ozil's performance. Some people seem to be criticizing him, but for me Ozil and Khedira were the best players.

Oezil plays better with Klose than with Gomez. That's a fact. Chemistry maybe?

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team