You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Ghana will win
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2014-06-21] Germany vs Ghana

Postby Element » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:35 pm

my 2 favorite formations

Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Droptech wrote:The Lahm at DM experiment needs to stop. Second game in a row he coughs up the ball in their own third. A back line of 4 CBs is a bad idea and it showed in the second half with Boateng (the only one with good pace) out. You have the best RB in the world and instead you play him at DM? didiculous. I'd rather see Kroos or even Grosskreutz at the double if Jlo really doesn't want to see both Bastian and Sami at the double pivot.

Since there's no decent DM in the squad he has to play Lahm there...Boateng at LB is better than Khedira at DM...with Schweini back in for Khedira it should be fine.

Lahm doesn't have much match practice at LB so I doubt he would be much better than Boateng.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:41 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:Since there's no decent DM in the squad he has to play Lahm there

Exactly

Besides , Lahm as CDM can help both defensive sides , especially against fast teams

Lahm as RB will make the right side stronger , but will make the center a bit weaker and the Left Side will be left alone (Hoewedes is solid but not fast , Same goes to Schweinsteiger , Goetze and Kroos are not really that useful in defense)

and also , this is the only way to kick Khedira out
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Dgro » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:41 pm

They're tragically misusing Lahm. He's not an elite DM and we don't need him to play there. But the sad truth is he is most likely terribly out of form as a fullback. Not saying he would be worse than Boateng, but clearly we are not getting the most out of our captain and possibly most talented player. Had he kept his role at RB at the national team all along there wouldn't be a problem
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Lahm has done well in midfield throughout the season. Had some bad mistakes these past two games but that doesn't make him a bad midfielder. Boateng is not an issue either, he's a good RB. It's Khedira that needs to go, and either Ozil or Gotze.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Dgro wrote:They're tragically misusing Lahm. He's not an elite DM and we don't need him to play there. But the sad truth is he is most likely terribly out of form as a fullback. Not saying he would be worse than Boateng, but clearly we are not getting the most out of our captain and possibly most talented player. Had he kept his role at RB at the national team all along there wouldn't be a problem

I am sure that Lahm as RB will be Worldclass as we know him but as i said , keeping him as CDM is not as bad as you are suggesting
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Oh and there's Howedes too. I'm not sure about him. Durm might help us with speed but I don't really mind Howedes there.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Droptech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
Droptech wrote:The Lahm at DM experiment needs to stop. Second game in a row he coughs up the ball in their own third. A back line of 4 CBs is a bad idea and it showed in the second half with Boateng (the only one with good pace) out. You have the best RB in the world and instead you play him at DM? didiculous. I'd rather see Kroos or even Grosskreutz at the double if Jlo really doesn't want to see both Bastian and Sami at the double pivot.

Since there's no decent DM in the squad he has to play Lahm there...Boateng at LB is better than Khedira at DM...with Schweini back in for Khedira it should be fine.

Lahm doesn't have much match practice at LB so I doubt he would be much better than Boateng.

So in order to get a decent DM (which I don't think Lahm is one either) you take the greatest position of strength on your defense and just settle for mediocrity at both DM and RB? A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
And if Lahm is the more defensive capable of the 2 what the hell was he doing so far forward once Bastian entered the game?
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby AvatarX » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Loew should go. As simple as that. I really hope this is his last tournament with the NT. Mustafi change was the most idiotic one. As long as Schweini was fit, he should go in, pushing Lahm to RB.

Also Klose should have started earlier today. It was obvious as the match went on, that we were toothless in attack. After he got it, we had some presence in their box with him and Muller.

Another thing: Please, no more Lahm @ midfield. This is a disaster, especially vs physical teams.

I am very happy that Klose made it level with Ronaldo and he even made his trademark celebration. Go Klose!
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Dgro wrote:They're tragically misusing Lahm. He's not an elite DM and we don't need him to play there. But the sad truth is he is most likely terribly out of form as a fullback. Not saying he would be worse than Boateng, but clearly we are not getting the most out of our captain and possibly most talented player. Had he kept his role at RB at the national team all along there wouldn't be a problem

Gosh. I'm so tired of reading all the complaints about the "Lahm DM experiment" and how people seem to blame all the problems on this. First of all he's been playing there for almost a year now and has been really good most of this season...you really seem to forget how crappy Bayern played when Lahm was moved back to RB.

So who exactly would you play there (if you don't think Lahm needs to be DM)? Khedira is slow and incredibly sloppy in challenges. Grosskreutz (like you said earlier you would prefer him) is hardly intelligent enough to play this role and moving Kroos back would be a waste of his attacking skills, besides he's not a very good DM like he has shown a few times this season.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Interestingly the neutrals seem to think that Germany played a very good game, and the result is more down to Ghana's performance than Germany's. Perhaps we are blinded by the lack of a win.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Droptech wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:

So in order to get a decent DM (which I don't think Lahm is one either) you take the greatest position of strength on your defense and just settle for mediocrity at both DM and RB? A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.
And if Lahm is the more defensive capable of the 2 what the hell was he doing so far forward once Bastian entered the game?

If you don't think Lahm is an 'at least decent' DM then I guess you haven't seen too many of our games this season.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby Droptech » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

AvatarX wrote:Loew should go. As simple as that. I really hope this is his last tournament with the NT. Mustafi change was the most idiotic one. As long as Schweini was fit, he should go in, pushing Lahm to RB.

Also Klose should have started earlier today. It was obvious as the match went on, that we were toothless in attack. After he got it, we had some presence in their box with him and Muller.

Another thing: Please, no more Lahm @ midfield. This is a disaster, especially vs physical teams.

I am very happy that Klose made it level with Ronaldo and he even made his trademark celebration. Go Klose!

You can tell he is getting long in the tooth though. A few years ago he lands it. Now he lands on his ass! I LOL'd!
Droptech
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lahm has done well in midfield throughout the season. Had some bad mistakes these past two games but that doesn't make him a bad midfielder. Boateng is not an issue either, he's a good RB. It's Khedira that needs to go, and either Ozil or Gotze.

Also the 2nd goal today was more Khedira's fault...Lahm should have been able to bring Khedira into play, it's his bad positioning that put Lahm in an impossible situation.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

:roll:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team