You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-06-15] Germany vs France

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Germany will win
43%
It will end in a draw
No votes
France will win
57%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-06-15] Germany vs France

Postby vtotheinay » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:08 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Lewa could have been German
In fact he even wore the ,'90 kit

i thought guys should only play for the national team of the country they're born in?
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Outis wrote:I expected worse... I agree that it gives hope against Portugal.

I dunno... tbh it felt like France weren't really trying, they never really upped the gear.

I think you are correct. Portugal will try harder. there's a good chance German players have already given up and moved on. then the second game will be disastrous.

I remember back in 2000 a Portuguese guy said "you gotta score as many goals as you can on them when they can't fight back, you don't have many chances like we are seeing today. "
Portugal won 3-0 that day
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:42 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:51 am

I don't think Germany played a bad game at all, they just needed to up the tempo a little bit because France were very well organised at the back. But the problem is that nobody from Germany can score from open play (in the right goal :twisted: ). Gnabry and Mueller need a proper #9 instead of Havertz to instantly become much better players. Problem is that there is none :!:

I'd love to see Musiala in the next couple of games if he is not injured. A pair of fresh legs could definitely help us play faster.

And of course if you can't score, at least you should not give away cheap goals like Hummels did today :|

And also Volland f*****g sucks. He should not play with Germany ever again :coffee:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am

I was hoping Havertz could more or less play like a 9. Maybe he picks up speed over the next few games. :-/
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 am

This Germany NT has top midfield-attack quality. Extremely talented and flexible players who can play any style you like provided that you have a clear plan and structure. They massively lack a good striker on the box, that is indeed a problem.

Defensive quality is very very poor. Apart from Hummels the others aren't solid enough or they lack the quality. However, the three at the back clearly doesn't work right now therefore you need to pick a partner of Hummels at a four back-line. Gosens fits perfectly the style and can deliver as LB. Not world-class but he doesn't hurt the team, if the Koln guy managed to be decent with this then Gosens can too plus his good crossing skills.

This version of Germany is more like a PR thing rather a squad who has an ultimate goal to compete and win tournaments.
Nobody knows or understands what they're playing, which is the "good line-up" there is no identity and no ruthless. Unbalanced squad.
We want the EPL guys for marketing reasons even if they don't fit in the current line-up. We need the Bayern guys because of their level and chemistry too. For example, the Havertz patronizing is unbelievable, this guy might be the most overrated German of all-time. The way everybody tries to push him through the starting XI from Chelsea to Germany is unbelievable. The guy simply doesn't fit in any system despite being extremely talented, his talent is given however with the way Germany plays he doesn't have a place as a starter. At the midfield department something needs to change, someone has to be the commander, someone else the bully and someone else the sidekick. Kroos, Kimmich, Gundogan all are excellent at distributing the ball and are the main figures in their clubs pulling the strings. This doesn't seem to work here. Maybe with Goretzka as a starter who has a different skillset and gets involved in battles the midfield can work better.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:40 am

Achilles wrote:This Germany NT has top midfield-attack quality. Extremely talented and flexible players who can play any style you like provided that you have a clear plan and structure. They massively lack a good striker on the box, that is indeed a problem.

Defensive quality is very very poor. Apart from Hummels the others aren't solid enough or they lack the quality. However, the three at the back clearly doesn't work right now therefore you need to pick a partner of Hummels at a four back-line. Gosens fits perfectly the style and can deliver as LB. Not world-class but he doesn't hurt the team, if the Koln guy managed to be decent with this then Gosens can too plus his good crossing skills.

This version of Germany is more like a PR thing rather a squad who has an ultimate goal to compete and win tournaments.
Nobody knows or understands what they're playing, which is the "good line-up" there is no identity and no ruthless. Unbalanced squad.
We want the EPL guys for marketing reasons even if they don't fit in the current line-up. We need the Bayern guys because of their level and chemistry too. For example, the Havertz patronizing is unbelievable, this guy might be the most overrated German of all-time. The way everybody tries to push him through the starting XI from Chelsea to Germany is unbelievable. The guy simply doesn't fit in any system despite being extremely talented, his talent is given however with the way Germany plays he doesn't have a place as a starter. At the midfield department something needs to change, someone has to be the commander, someone else the bully and someone else the sidekick. Kroos, Kimmich, Gundogan all are excellent at distributing the ball and are the main figures in their clubs pulling the strings. This doesn't seem to work here. Maybe with Goretzka as a starter who has a different skillset and gets involved in battles the midfield can work better.
I find Rudiger a very improved player... Must be the Tuchel effect.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:54 am

Hummels isn't great anymore either. It would have made more sense to call Boateng IMO.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:14 am

We just want Havertz in the lineup because there doesn't seem to be any better fill-ins for the 9 spot.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 am

Against Portugal it will be another struggle.

They have a very solid def
Strong & hardworking MDF
Forward line as good as that of France...

So very diff for Ger to score
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:40 am

ramsej84 wrote:Against Portugal it will be another struggle.

They have a very solid def
Strong & hardworking MDF
Forward line as good as that of France...

So very diff for Ger to score

Possibly yes, their approach will be very similar and they play better defense than France because they were build to play like this even against teams way inferior from Portugal. Offensively and as a squad they are nowhere near France talented wise but they are very good on counters too. Mbappe is in a whole different level than any of their frontline. Only CR7 who can score in a blink of an eye has a say but can't create only finish.

It would be better for Germany to play "normally" and do what they do best, bombarding the opponents box in every way. Wing-play, crosses, vertical passes at the back of defense, pressing to death, pin-point corners, high-line etc. This slow build-up without real wingers and explosiveness won't take them far in my opinion.

4-2-1-3
Neuer - Gosens,Hummels,Rudiger,Kimmich- Kroos,Gundogan - Muller - Gnabry,Werner,Sane

or
4-3-3
Neuer - Gosens,Hummels,Ginter,Sule - Kimmich,Gundogan,Kroos - Gnabry,Muller,Sane
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:28 am

Joao Felix is also there... IMO their squad is scarier than that to the WC Winners
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:
Based on the massive chances Germany had or what game did you watch tonight?

Anyway.. Volland comes in to take Goosens place as left back.. Low, please get a stroke overnight so Flick can take over for Portugal.

Luckily this abomination is over in 2 games already. Nothing more to say about this wackjob.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Asshole.

Ever heard about figure of speach? Probably not. :coffee:[/quote]
Ever heard of criminal hate speech on social media?[/quote]

No but i've heard about people on the internet that are butthurt about every fucking thing. There are certain sayings in Germany and Netherlands that are used very commonly like that, though they are not meant LITERALLY. Like here in the Netherlands there is a saying thats used pretty common if someone is annoyed thats called ''val kapot'' or ''Tyf op'' but it doesnt achtually mean for the other to drop dead..

Anyway, @PunkCapitalist, you didnt miss much. But funny how those stats of 1.1 and 0.28 where calculated. Germany had a Muller header that could have been a great chance, but that ball didnt even go on goal, it slid over his right far off the post and the Germans called it a big chance :mrgreen: The other chance Germany had was a Volley by Gnabry, who bounced on the ground and over the goal, so all in all it didnt even go on goal either.

France hit the post by Rabiot, Neuer had to make a good save vs Mbappe, 2 offside goals by France where they played cat and mouse with the defense and the goal itself.

And Kroos called it something like, chances where even, we just missed a goal.. I am like WHAT GAME DID HE PLAY!? Did he remember his PS5 matchup from that morning or something? Kimmich even said they could keep up with the big title contenders.. #-o

IF that is the mindset of the German team after a game like this, that they can keep up with title contenders, which they actually cant, that tells you enough about the mentality.

They have no pace, the have no creativity up front with all the talent, they have no focus point in attack who can distribute balls ( well they do with Muller, but that idiot Low plays him always in positions everyone know he cant do his best ) They have an idiot as a coach for now ( and i dont know Flick will turn this around either because he wont have much sessions to actually train stuff at all ). As soon as an opponent hits into 2nd gear this defense completely loses all composure. Just look at the 0-1.. It was a lobsided Pogba pass and the whole D was a mess with resulted in a stupid own goal.

I can tell you this, if every team would play defense wise and just go on counter mode, Germany will never ever win a game against a big nation again. This is 2018 all over, with 3 years lost in between.

I really dont know how people act so positive about this abomination of a German shown performance. Okay i give em that they didnt got humiliated by France, but lets be honest. France was just sitting there, waiting and relaxing, they went gear 1 almost all game long. 3 times they shifted into 2nd and 3rd gear and it was chaos with the German midfield/defense.

I dont give them anything vs Portugal. Even Hungary, fighting wise, will show more because they dont have anything to lose.

And it seems a lot of players arent okay with Low's tactics anyway, so thats a good forecast for those games.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Fuck the French press...fuck them fuck th em...

They said like 18....
Don't tell me that they were only referring for 2018

In clear reference to the WW1

These ppl never learn see those hebdo sobs...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 pm

MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team