You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-06-15] Germany vs France

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 pm

Germany will win
43%
It will end in a draw
No votes
France will win
57%

Total votes : 7

Re: [2021-06-15] Germany vs France

Postby Ottomeister87 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:07 pm

Well they have demolished Portugal the last couple of times at tournaments..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:11 pm

France is probably the best team right now and they surely have more depth than any other NT, but their midfield doesn't come even close to Kimmich, Goretzka, Toni Kroos and Gündogan

Sane, Gnabry, Werner and Müller are not bad either

And you don't really need depth to win a 4 week tournament. Just 13-14 players in good form.

It's still too soon to predict anything. Let's wait 3-4 weeks.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:20 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:France is probably the best team right now and they surely have more depth than any other NT, but their midfield doesn't come even close to Kimmich, Goretzka, Toni Kroos and Gündogan

Sane, Gnabry, Werner and Müller are not bad either

And you don't really need depth to win a 4 week tournament. Just 13-14 players in good form.

It's still too soon to predict anything. Let's wait 3-4 weeks.
For me Portugal are also very very good...
With England and Italy the closest
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Germany will progress from the group.

And what exactly makes some of you so confident in the capabilities of the DFB team? It's not as if Germany have not played garbage soccer for almost three straight years now and hasn't collapsed against any big team they have come up against since 2018?

Deutschland under the Nose digger have accomplished many dubious"firsts" such as:
1. First German team ever to get eliminated by France at a major competition
2. First German team to get eliminated in the group stages of the World Cup. Last time Germany was knocked out in the first round of the world Cup was back in 1938 when Hitler was the German Führer
3. Germany's biggest defeat ever in a competitive match against Spain.
4. Germany's only second home defeat in a Home World Cup qualifying game came against North Macedonia. The previous one was 20 years ago against England.

It wouldn't surprise me one but if the Mannschaft under Löw's terrible tutelage bombs one final time at the Euros.

France and Portugal are the stand out teams in the tournament. Both have excellent players who have tasted success. In terms of player quality only Belgium and perhaps England come close. Deschamps and Santos know how to set up their teams and I think it's almost two guaranteed defeats for the Germans against those two.

Re: Hungary. Under normal circumstances I would say that Germany brush them away but Hungary have some talented players none bigger than Szboszlai and if they set up like North Macedonia did I can see them cause serious trouble to Germany. Let's not forget South Korea wasn't even in the same discuss as Germany but we all know what happened in 2018. Never underestimate Löw's ability to fall even further in disgrace.

Ottomeister87 wrote:Well they have demolished Portugal the last couple of times at tournaments..

And what's that supposed to mean? Last time was seven years ago! Portugal today have a seriously talented squad and a coach who knows what he's doing. Anyways as I mentioned above, Germany had never lost to France in a knockout game at a major tournament until 2016 so maybe a competitive tournament defeat against Portugal is also on the horizon for Germany under Löw.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:03 pm

I still feel obliged to mention that he also was very successful even in 2016 when said defeat against France came... Semifinals and the better team, just unluck...

Everything since late 2017 at least was garbage, yes, and he deserves a lot of criticism for that but he‘s still a WC winning coach and if it really was all just on Flick, well then we‘re in for a ride come September...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:33 pm

America USA wrote:

And what exactly makes some of you so confident in the capabilities of the DFB team? It's not as if Germany have not played garbage soccer for almost three straight years now and hasn't collapsed against any big team they have come up against since 2018?

Deutschland under the Nose digger have accomplished many dubious"firsts" such as:
2. First German team to get eliminated in the group stages of the World Cup. Last time Germany was knocked out in the first round of the world Cup was back in 1938 when Hitler was the German Führer
4. Germany's only second home defeat in a Home World Cup qualifying game came against North Macedonia. The previous one was 20 years ago against England.

It wouldn't surprise me one but if the Mannschaft under Löw's terrible tutelage bombs one final time at the Euros.

France and Portugal are the stand out teams in the tournament. Both have excellent players who have tasted success. In terms of player quality only Belgium and perhaps England come close. Deschamps and Santos know how to set up their teams and I think it's almost two guaranteed defeats for the Germans against those two.

Re: Hungary. Under normal circumstances I would say that Germany brush them away but Hungary have some talented players none bigger than Szboszlai and if they set up like North Macedonia did I can see them cause serious trouble to Germany. Let's not forget South Korea wasn't even in the same discuss as Germany but we all know what happened in 2018. Never underestimate Löw's ability to fall even further in disgrace.

Ottomeister87 wrote:Well they have demolished Portugal the last couple of times at tournaments..

And what's that supposed to mean? Last time was seven years ago! Portugal today have a seriously talented squad and a coach who knows what he's doing. Anyways as I mentioned above, Germany had never lost to France in a knockout game at a major tournament until 2016 so maybe a competitive tournament defeat against Portugal is also on the horizon for Germany under Löw.

Portugal is so freaking overrated, they still dont know how they won the 2016 euro with their awful play to this day. They couldnt beat Iceland, they couldnt beat Hungary and they couldnt beat Austria. Advanced as number 3 in their group( which is ridiculous above all else they invneted this bullshit on a tournament like this ). Beat Croatia barely, had to beat Poland on penalties who also where clearly the better team. And managed to beat Wales. Wow.. They beat France by so much luck with a Sonntagsschuss. I would almost dare to say this upset was bigger then the upset Greece did back in the day. At the WC 2018 they drew Spain, beat Morocco and drew Iran. And lost in the 1/8 vs Uruguay. Penaldo is a complete shell of his former being in the last couple of weeks/months and its becoming more and more a joke now.

Portugal is the same as Argentina. A lot of good and talented players, but complete and utter shit as a team/unit.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
America USA wrote:

Portugal is so freaking overrated, they still dont know how they won the 2016 euro with their awful play to this day. They couldnt beat Iceland, they couldnt beat Hungary and they couldnt beat Austria. Advanced as number 3 in their group( which is ridiculous above all else they invneted this bullshit on a tournament like this ). Beat Croatia barely, had to beat Poland on penalties who also where clearly the better team. And managed to beat Wales. Wow.. They beat France by so much luck with a Sonntagsschuss. I would almost dare to say this upset was bigger then the upset Greece did back in the day. At the WC 2018 they drew Spain, beat Morocco and drew Iran. And lost in the 1/8 vs Uruguay. Penaldo is a complete shell of his former being in the last couple of weeks/months and its becoming more and more a joke now.

Portugal is the same as Argentina. A lot of good and talented players, but complete and utter shit as a team/unit.
Bruno Fernandes
Felix
Bernardo Silva
Penaldo
Andre Silva
Jota
Cancelo
That defender form Man City...

Overrated
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 pm

You don’t even know his name

Also, if it‘s Penaldo it‘s also Penandes...

Last time they had Pepe, Ronaldo in better form, Nani, Moutinho...

Not like we‘re sending amateurs...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:
Bruno Fernandes
Felix
Bernardo Silva
Penaldo
Andre Silva
Jota
Cancelo
That defender form Man City...

Overrated

Wooptiedoo..

Otamendi
Tagliafico
Paredes
de Paul
Ocampos
Messi
Di Maria
Correa
Papu gomez
Lautaro Martinez

Still overrated as a team. You just cant tell me any game of Portugal that is interesting to watch. Same goes for Argentina. And no i dont go with hyped players just because they have one good season. You could also say it for Germany, they have some great players, but as is right know its a shit team display.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:17 am

Ottomeister87 wrote: You just cant tell me any game of Portugal that is interesting to watch.

So what? Does it really matter as long as Portugal as a team under Santos is well drilled and know what's their style and execute it well on the field?

The most talented team in the world: France, plays some of the dullest most boring brand of Park the Bus + Hit on the counter soccer. France under Deschamps are like Chelsea was under Mourinho. The French in fact struggle against smaller teams who sit deep against them.

People like to shit on Portugal's 2016 win when France used an almost identical game style to win the World Cup a couple of years later!

Ottomeister87 wrote:You could also say it for Germany, they have some great players, but as is right know its a shit team display.

This is half true. Yes Germany has some serious talent in the midfield and winger/AM positions but there's currently ZERO World Class CFs in Germany who can be half as decent as someone like Lewandowski. Forget Lewandowski, Germany don't even have a striker in the same league as Giroud at the moment. Also the German defenders are seriously lacking in quality. None of Germany's current back four/three would start for Bayern in a UCL KO game. Germany have talented players but are lacking in overall quality of the squad something that both France and Portugal and yes to an extent even Argentina have plenty of!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:04 am

America USA wrote:

And what exactly makes some of you so confident in the capabilities of the DFB team?

The fact that Germany weren't immune to the curse of World Cup champions falling flat on their faces 4 years later doesn't deviate from the fact that Germany, for the overwhelmingly large part, consistently does better than expected in competitions. It's in the way they organise, plan and build crucial teamwork up.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 am

Off topic but since it’s been brought up, I consider Portugal one of the favourites. I’m almost certain that wither Portugal or France will win it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Off topic but since it’s been brought up, I consider Portugal one of the favourites. I’m almost certain that wither Portugal or France will win it.
Eng and Italy close
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:38 pm

So what? Does it really matter as long as Portugal as a team under Santos is well drilled and know what's their style and execute it well on the field?

The most talented team in the world: France, plays some of the dullest most boring brand of Park the Bus + Hit on the counter soccer. France under Deschamps are like Chelsea was under Mourinho. The French in fact struggle against smaller teams who sit deep against them.

People like to shit on Portugal's 2016 win when France used an almost identical game style to win the World Cup a couple of years later!

I stand by it, it was a fluke win zum Kotzen.

This is half true. Yes Germany has some serious talent in the midfield and winger/AM positions but there's currently ZERO World Class CFs in Germany who can be half as decent as someone like Lewandowski. Forget Lewandowski, Germany don't even have a striker in the same league as Giroud at the moment. Also the German defenders are seriously lacking in quality. None of Germany's current back four/three would start for Bayern in a UCL KO game. Germany have talented players but are lacking in overall quality of the squad something that both France and Portugal and yes to an extent even Argentina have plenty of!

Well Low isnt known for nominating on performance. In that regard Volland would have my vote above a Werner anyday tbh.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
I stand by it, it was a fluke win zum Kotzen.

Once again by that logic France (who had a similar style of play in 2018) also fluked a World Cup win when in reality they were outplayed by Belgium and Croatia in the World Cup but won playing counter attacking/park the bus soccer?

What you or I think doesn't matter really. Portugal has quality players that are well versed with their style of play and if they again manage to win or at least ready the semifinals playing the way they do it would justify their playing style and attest to the quality of their squad.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team