You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-06] Germany vs France

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
France will win
25%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-09-06] Germany vs France

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Jorge wrote:As a side note: I have problems with Neuer being the captain. Germany needs a new captain for the next WC cycle and I prefer one on the field. Russia 2018 was chaotic, Neuer might be a leader in the locker room but the team needs a player with balls on the field that can spank any lazy ass that is not working hard enough.
In Russia the team was built around Kroos and although he can orchestrate from midfield he lacks leader qualities, he is not the guy who will tell Ozil to work his ass off, tell Low that Khedira does not have legs and needs to be replaced or that Gundogan has his mind on the moon. Maybe it is Hummels' time.

Neuer might still be around for the 2022 World Cup, and he'll definitely be around for Euro 2020. I agree he should be changed, as I'm never a fan of goalkeeper-captains. Hummels is a good choice, I agree, but I'd also like to nominate Kimmich so that his Lahm replacement cycle would be complete.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:18 pm

MUTU wrote:You know I always agree with your insightful posts but this time I don't understand what Boateng, Neuer and Hector did to make it into your black book.

Not what they did. It is what they did not do. I would have preferred with taking Low off but the Federation decided to keep him. Maybe Hector is the victim of Low failed tactics but he lacked pace and his edgy runs down the wing. I prefer that he puts his act together since he has some issues to solve at club level now.
Boateng and Neuer need an extra motivation, that could be letting them out and bring them back once the spark comes back (similar to Muller). I am not saying that they should retire but I believe they have been too complacent and tried to help with reckless decisions.
Like myself, you have been a German fan for years, you know this is not the German way, in desperate moments there was a sense of tactical calmness and determination and that turned many games around.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:You know I always agree with your insightful posts but this time I don't understand what Boateng, Neuer and Hector did to make it into your black book.

Not what they did. It is what they did not do. I would have preferred with taking Low off but the Federation decided to keep him. Maybe Hector is the victim of Low failed tactics but he lacked pace and his edgy runs down the wing. I prefer that he puts his act together since he has some issues to solve at club level now.
Boateng and Neuer need an extra motivation, that could be letting them out and bring them back once the spark comes back (similar to Muller). I am not saying that they should retire but I believe they have been too complacent and tried to help with reckless decisions.
Like myself, you have been a German fan for years, you know this is not the German way, in desperate moments there was a sense of tactical calmness and determination and that turned many games around.

I've put the World Cup fiasco as a one-off. I think there were too many external factors (and I'm not pointing fingers at anything specific). You noticed a lack of tactical calmness, but I noticed something else... the players looked highly unmotivated. If not for the celebrations when Kroos put hope back in German hearts one would be excused for thinking Germany were playing friendly matches while looking forward to their holidays. The German team I remember did a lot of running; this show was anything but. It doesn't have to do with tactics or quality, it has to do with something psychological and (hopefully) temporary. I don't think too many heads need to roll.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
Jorge wrote:I've put the World Cup fiasco as a one-off. I think there were too many external factors (and I'm not pointing fingers at anything specific). You noticed a lack of tactical calmness, but I noticed something else... the players looked highly unmotivated. If not for the celebrations when Kroos put hope back in German hearts one would be excused for thinking Germany were playing friendly matches while looking forward to their holidays. The German team I remember did a lot of running; this show was anything but. It doesn't have to do with tactics or quality, it has to do with something psychological and (hopefully) temporary. I don't think too many heads need to roll.

Again, you are reading it that heads need to roll, I am not saying that. I am saying heads need to be in the right place, similar to what you were saying. Low actually said after the WC that he expected a "switch" to turn on and it did not happen. Big part of that is unmotivated players, mainly the senior players and that's why I think some need to be set aside and brought back knowing that their status and place in the hierarchy changed. Of the seniors I only salvage Hummels and Kroos (maybe Reus) Hummels because I believe he can be the leader that Germany needs going forward, Kroos because his absence will leave the team without a tactical foundation.
Additionally, without denying what you are saying I believe Germany moved tactically in a different direction in recent years, the more direct game after WC 2008 that I think peaked in 2010-2012 gradually transformed into a possession system that I find hard to watch. Similar to Guardiola it is effective against weaker opponents but it fails against well organized teams that can hit you with counter attacks. Even Spain at its best was vulnerable and won many games by one goal that could have gone the other way. Even Guardiola has gone in a different direction since he left Bayern.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:43 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 pm

An ok team selection though disappointed to see Draxler, Boateng and Petersen in the squad. Also selecting a second division player (Hector) does not look good for a top National Team.

Given this squad I’d play this team:

France (Deschamps) will park the bus and try to hit on the break with Griezmann, Dembele and Mbappe. Germans should try to give them a taste of their own medicine with a pacy front three and three big Centerbacks to try to negate the French threat on set pieces.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 am

My prediction.

Germany 0 - 3 France

DFB ... we have full confidence in J.L he is the best coach in the world.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Isabella » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

ramsej84 wrote:My prediction.

Germany 0 - 3 France

Do not worry... If Germany will be the team to go down in the Nations League Löw’s position will be really in danger
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 am

Isabella wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:My prediction.

Germany 0 - 3 France

Do not worry... If Germany will be the team to go down in the Nations League Löw’s position will be really in danger

at this stage I won't even complain if the German Boss will be a foreigner...
Although my #1 is Ralf Rangnick #2 Roger Schmidt
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:11 am

I am not completely convinced by Löw either, but seriously ramsej, this is SOOO conflicting with your other statements...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:17 am

#12 wrote:I am not completely convinced by Löw either, but seriously ramsej, this is SOOO conflicting with your other statements...
Like what?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:I am not completely convinced by Löw either, but seriously ramsej, this is SOOO conflicting with your other statements...
Like what?

Probably because you generally prefer German, even if they're quite inferior to a foreign option. But then you want the German national team to employ a foreigner as head coach, for the first time in history.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:53 am

And also cause he criticizes people for being dishonorable and unthankful when wanting to replace players that were responsible for great success in the past...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:54 pm

weird I know...
Werner maybe for Brandt
and if Goretzka does not make it - I don't know!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team