You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-06] Germany vs France

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Germany will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
France will win
25%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-09-06] Germany vs France

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 am

RB624 wrote:Just hope they don't get relegated.

very likely.

Edit:

Note that after the relegation, a few teams will be promoted from league C and one of them will meet Germany in the league B group. Say, Albania, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Of all 3 teams The Netherlands will be the hungrier to achieve something. France might be in a relax mode after winning the WC while Low will claim he is "rebuilding". I thought this was the Group of Death but after the WC Group A4 with Spain, England, Croatia could be the one.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:33 am

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/loew- ... -1.4064107

Jogi will be fired if Germany gets relegated.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:38 am

FCB12Forever wrote:https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/loew-dfb-nationalelf-1.4064107

Translation?

IMO the requisite should be to win the Group so as to let the World know that Germany is still a top dog and no pushover!
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:48 am

From what I can see via the translator:

"Descent" (Relegation) is a big, heavy word, it sounds more like HSV than national team. (LMAO!) It sounds as big and heavy as "World Cup preliminaries-out" (Out of the WC GS)- and at the DFB they think that two failures of this kind would be too much in such a short time. A descent (relegation) into Division B Loew would probably cost the job in November, in this case Loew "cannot be kept,"one hears from different sources Association .
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:51 am

America USA wrote:IMO the requisite should be to win the Group so as to let the World know that Germany is still a top dog and no pushover!

I'm afraid Germany 's resurgence will start from a freakish win over Albania or whatsoever, who comes up from the League C as their group winner.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:12 am

FCB12Forever wrote:https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/loew-dfb-nationalelf-1.4064107

What's the relegation system like in this competition?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB12Forever » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What's the relegation system like in this competition?

3 teams in a group and the one who finishes last descend. Home-away format like CL group stage.
FCB12Forever
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:35 am

IMO Germany should treat these like glorified friendlies (as that's really what they are). They certainly shouldn't be seen as grounds for sacking the coach. If they wanted to sack him they should have after the WC.

These games are good in that they provide more competition than friendlies especially for smaller nations but really they mean fuck all for the big teams. WC and Euros are all that matter
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:06 am

Lukas wrote:IMO Germany should treat these like glorified friendlies (as that's really what they are). They certainly shouldn't be seen as grounds for sacking the coach. If they wanted to sack him they should have after the WC.

These games are good in that they provide more competition than friendlies especially for smaller nations but really they mean **** all for the big teams. WC and Euros are all that matter
If they want to recover the self believe, enthusiasm and confidence Germany has to make sure to humiliate France as they always did.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Lukas wrote:IMO Germany should treat these like glorified friendlies (as that's really what they are). They certainly shouldn't be seen as grounds for sacking the coach. If they wanted to sack him they should have after the WC.

These games are good in that they provide more competition than friendlies especially for smaller nations but really they mean **** all for the big teams. WC and Euros are all that matter
If they want to recover the self believe, enthusiasm and confidence Germany has to make sure to humiliate France as they always did.

Erm... So many mistakes... Also, aren’t you the one who claims this is not the Germany you know? So why recover?

Tell you what: France has ALWAYS been a tough opponent for us - ALWAYS! And we never "humiliated" them once in a meaningful game... NEVER!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:48 pm

44 days left. I wonder how many changes Loew will make from the World Cup squad.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 pm

MUTU wrote:44 days left. I wonder how many changes Loew will make from the World Cup squad.

He should drop Khedira, Muller, Boateng, Gundogan, Neuer, Hector and tell them they need to earn their place back.
If ESPN is right projecting the starting XI for 2022 Sane and Gnabry should start on the wings

Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:44 days left. I wonder how many changes Loew will make from the World Cup squad.

He should drop Khedira, Muller, Boateng, Gundogan, Neuer, Hector and tell them they need to earn their place back.
If ESPN is right projecting the starting XI for 2022 Sane and Gnabry should start on the wings

You know I always agree with your insightful posts but this time I don't understand what Boateng, Neuer and Hector did to make it into your black book.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:07 pm

As a side note: I have problems with Neuer being the captain. Germany needs a new captain for the next WC cycle and I prefer one on the field. Russia 2018 was chaotic, Neuer might be a leader in the locker room but the team needs a player with balls on the field that can spank any lazy ass that is not working hard enough.
In Russia the team was built around Kroos and although he can orchestrate from midfield he lacks leader qualities, he is not the guy who will tell Ozil to work his ass off, tell Low that Khedira does not have legs and needs to be replaced or that Gundogan has his mind on the moon. Maybe it is Hummels' time.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team