You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Germany will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Brazil will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Postby bmguy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:48 am

Gotze and Schrurrle are such a big disappointment, they haven't developed at all after 4 years :roll:
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:20 am

bmguy wrote:Maybe Bundesliga should extend from 18 teams to 20 to give more youngsters playing time.

I think this is an advantage for German teams in Europe because they play 4 fewer matches. That said, it's 4 matches you're expected to win comfortably.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:25 am

Ulreich deserves to be in Russia behind Neuer,Ter Stegen! He is better from every other option and played almost a whole season at his current level which is near to world class.

Sane to me is super over-estimated because of the City's hype, great potential but he is not almighty nor a finished product, many black outs, bad decision making. Germany right now needs the good Reus. Overall Germany looks quite bored in the last games, they are not in their usual standards and anticipation, their interviews sound good, their actions not so... Low has been doing very bad choices lately.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 am

Achilles wrote:Ulreich deserves to be in Russia behind Neuer,Ter Stegen! He is better from every other option and played almost a whole season at his current level which is near to world class.

Sane to me is super over-estimated because of the City's hype, great potential but he is not almighty nor a finished product, many black outs, bad decision making. Germany right now needs the good Reus. Overall Germany looks quite bored in the last games, they are not in their usual standards and anticipation, their interviews sound good, their actions not so... Low has been doing very bad choices lately.

WhoScored:

Ralf Fährmann (6.78)
Alexander Schwolow (6.75)
Sven Ulreich (6.73)
Ron-Robert Zieler (6.73)
Timo Horn (6.65)
Philipp Tschauner (6.62)
Oliver Baumann (6.57)
Bernd Leno (6.55)
Robin Zentner (6.39)
Christian Mathenia (6.28)

FIFA 18:

Neuer (92)
Leno (85)
Horn (84)
Fährmann (84)
Baumann (83)
Zieler (79)
Adler (79)
Ulreich (78)
Schwolow (76)
Kraft (76)

Kicker ratings:

Horn (2.81)
Ulreich (2.82)
Zieler (2.87)
Schwolow (2.90)
Tschauner (2.92)
Leno (2.93)
Fährmann (3.00)

:crazy: there's no consensus but a well-balanced options seems to be Timo Horn, and he's played for Germany at the Olympics alongside Ginter, Süle, Meyer, Goretzka, Brandt, Max and Gnabry.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:21 am

MUTU wrote:
America USA wrote:Sorry MUTU but Wagner was better than Gomez who was mediocre in this game.

You mean one was a 4/10 and the other a 4.5/10?

I thought Wagner was one of the few players who actually played well
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:26 am

Not sure Horn is in the right mindset though, he's made some terrible howlers in Köln matches this season, literally costing them points. If not Ulreich, I'd definitely vote Fährmann.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:28 am

Roonzil wrote:Not sure Horn is in the right mindset though, he's made some terrible howlers in Köln matches this season, literally costing them points. If not Ulreich, I'd definitely vote Fährmann.

I like Fährmann from matches I saw him play, but any idea why his kicker match rating is so low? I know match ratings for goalkeepers are often skewed, especially for teams that don't concede many chances.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 am

Werner and Wagner as the only center forwards would be my bet

I'm not too sure about Schuerrle though. He's had an injury plagued season and he is not playing at his best, but on the other hand he offers something different to the rest of our attackers. His verticality and pace could turn out to be crucial especially when coming off the bench.

Also I wouldn't rule Reus out unless he is injured. If he is at his 75% he is still better than Draxler and Sane combined :D

As for Goetze, is sad to say but his current form is simply not good enough to make it
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:32 am

The fact that we're struggling to meet anywhere close to a consensus for who should be in and not shows how close the competition is, and that's a positive sign. It means that should an injury happen, we are likely to find a replacement with little to no loss in quality. The strength in depth is truly impressive. Maybe it's not the best German XI of all-time, but purely in terms of depth I think it just might be.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:16 pm

America USA wrote:LOL at people saying Brazil were the better team. Just checked out a few other forums and everyone is lauding Brazil as top favourites and placing Germany at Number 4 behind Spain and FRANCE. Some people take these friendly games way too seriously.

Brasil had just two more shots on target than Germany’s one. Both the other shots were from Paulinho, One was a decent save by Trapp and the other a tame effort straight into Trapp’s hands.

Honestly Neither side created any clear cut chances and the game should have ended in a 0-0 draw. Brazil had no creativity in midfield with THREE defensive minded midfielders. All of their creativity was coming from Coutinho and Willian. Brazil were good defensively though.

Germany, although they didn’t have any shot on target until the end, did have a few decent chances but failed to capitalise on them. The goal was the result of a stupid giveaway from Gundogan. He tried to lob pass the ball to Kimmich but Fernandinho intercepted and then Brazil scored from the resultant attack. Gundogan looked like he was struck with stage fright. Then there was Trapp’s poor effort in goal when Jesus scored and his distribution as GK was pathetic too. Sane and Gomez had a terrible game as forwards.

Brazil took this game very seriously and were so determined to win that they parked the bus after the 75th minute and made almost no attacking changes. (Only One substitution in a friendly!)

Germany were in testspiel mode today and people (mostly Manchester United, Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool and Real fans on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit) online who take the results of such games seriously are fools. If anything this game might have given Brazil their “revenge” and made the Germans “angry” about their unbeaten streak ending.

Why get so worked up over what they say? I‘m pretty comfortable not being favorites... IIRC we weren’t in 2014 either...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Winners and Losers from the international break according to BILD

Winners:
Mueller
Werner
Plattenhardt
Draxler
Ter Stegen

Losers:
Mario Gomez
Sane
Guendogan
Trapp
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:35 pm

I don’t think Sane should be selected for the WC. He doesn’t seem to be ready with the NT. He is still Young so he will get his chances and I think the aim should be EURO 2020 for Sane.
Germany need at least three wingers outside of Thomas. My picks would be: Reus, Brandt and one of Draxler, Gnabry or Schurlle.

In an ideal world these would be my picks for forwards: Werner, Wagner, Thomas, Reus, Brandt, Draxler, Ozil and Gotze (backup for Ozil)

Gotze needs to pull up his socks. He is the only perfectly natural back up for Ozil.

EDIT: Gundogan was surprisingly poor against Brazil but he still has time to find his rhythm with the NT with a couple of friendly games left and since Low even experiments in the group stage.
Last edited by America USA on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:38 pm

I would take Reus in a heartbeat as his decision taking is far superior to most of the squad and he can actually score.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Winners and Losers from the international break according to BILD

Winners:
Mueller
Werner
Plattenhardt
Draxler
Ter Stegen

Losers:
Mario Gomez
Sane
Guendogan
Trapp

The only reason Draxler is a winner is cause Sané‘s a loser, right? Or else I don’t know...
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Winners and Losers from the international break according to BILD

Winners:
Mueller
Werner
Plattenhardt
Draxler
Ter Stegen

Losers:
Mario Gomez
Sane
Guendogan
Trapp

What? Draxler a winner [-(
If anything he was guilty of trying too much and slowing down the attacks. Draxler needs to keep it simple and stop trying to take on multiple players as if he is Messi or Neymar.
America USA
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team