You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Germany will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Brazil will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Roonzil wrote:
America USA wrote:BTW Sule is pretty quick for his size :o

I love how people are still surprised at this. He's showed that several times in FCB games this season. :lol:
Your’re right. I have seen him charge for Bayern as well but today he did well to not get outrun by Costa (a pretty pacy winger). I thought he would be in the Van Buyten mold but boy was I wrong! If he can develop the positional sense of Hummels he can become a top class CB.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:55 pm

#12 wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:Drexler has been atrocious today, just doesn't seem to have any purpose out there imo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Surprised? Apparently he’s WC though if you take a look in other threads...

Has Sane ever done anything with Germany? :roll:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:Drexler has been atrocious today, just doesn't seem to have any purpose out there imo

Has Draxler ever done anything with any team? ;)
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernFL117 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:

Has Sane been on the national team for atleast 4 years?

BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 pm

America USA wrote:Agreed on Sane. He has been disappointing so far with the NT. If only Reus could stay fit! Maybe Germany should integrate Sane into the NT setup after the WC and prepare him for Euro 2020.

Well, at this point my opinion of German attacking midfielders/wingers is this:

Muller: Simply excellent, definite starter at World Cup.

Ozil, Gotze: Generally pretty good to excellent when they play for the NT. Both should go, at least one should start.

Draxler: Kind of ok in his performance, occasionally has excellent games, needs to be paired with more creative players. Should probably go but is not a definite starter.

Brandt: has generally given good to excellent performances when he gets (rarely) gets a chance, fits well into the NT system. Should definitely go

Schurrle: OK player in general but has a good record as an impact sub for the NT. Should probably go based on that alone.

Reus: I find it hard to justify bringing him just on the basis of his name. For me, the lack of game time with the NT in the recent past kills his chances.

Sane: Never performs for the NT, terrible fit for the system, hasn't even shown any ability as a game changing sub. I'm on the verge of advocating completely dropping him.

Stindl: I've never been really impressed with him. Probably shouldn't go because Muller does everything he does but much better.

Younes: Why exactly has he ever been called up? Not worth a squad spot.

So I guess I would have Low take 6 attacking players, which should be possible in a squad of 23.
Last edited by Manchu on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 pm

BayernFL117 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote: Has Sane ever done anything with Germany? :roll:

What kind of argument is that ? :lol: :lol:

#12 wrote:Has Draxler ever done anything with any team? ;)

Well, he was MVP with Germany last summer in the Confederations Cup. Sane has failed to impress everytime he has been given the chance.

Not that I don't like Sane, but I find it funny how often you like to bash players that have been linked to us recently while on the other hand Sane always gets away regardless of his performances
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Manchu wrote:
America USA wrote:Agreed on Sane. He has been disappointing so far with the NT. If only Reus could stay fit! Maybe Germany should integrate Sane into the NT setup after the WC and prepare him for Euro 2020.

Ozil, Gotze: Generally pretty good to excellent when they play for the NT. Both should go, at least one should start.

Draxler: Kind of ok in his performance, occasionally has excellent games, needs to be paired with more creative players. Should probably go but is not a definite starter.

Brandt: has generally given good to excellent performances when he gets (rarely) gets a chance, fits well into the NT system. Should definitely go

Schurrle: OK player in generally but has a good record as an impact sub for the NT. Should probably go based on that alone.

Reus: I find it hard to justify bringing him just on the basis of his name. For me, the lack of game time with the NT in the recent past kills his chances.

Sane: Never performs for the NT, terrible fit for the system, hasn't even shown any ability as a game changing sub. I'm on the verge of advocating completely dropping him.

Stindl: I've never been really impressed with him. Probably shouldn't go because Muller does everything he does but much better.

So I guess I would have Low take 6 attacking players, which should be possible in a squad of 23.

What do you think about Gomez vs Wagner? Should both go or only one of them? Right now I’m leaning towards Wagner.

Also Monumental **** up on Löw’s part to not select Ulteich. It made zero sense to select Trapp over Ulreich and even today Low had promised that he would play Leno in the second half, but that never happened. I think Low’s favouritism could cost Germany in Russia.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:

What kind of argument is that ? :lol: :lol:

Well, he was MVP with Germany last summer in the Confederations Cup. Sane has failed to impress everytime he has been given the chance.

Not that I don't like Sane, but I find it funny how often you like to bash players that have been linked to us recently while on the other hand Sane always gets away regardless of his performances

Is he getting away? Noo! He wasn’t good today! But he’s a regular at one of the best teams in the world - and one who helps carry them... Draxler is at Paris, where he was sooo good on the left wing they spent the disappointing sum of 220m on a better player to replace him... And now he’s a benchwarmer ;)
We didn’t pay 50 for Sané as we didn’t deem him good enough, but Draxler for probably 60 is? In a position where we have enough options?
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby BayernFL117 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
BayernFL117 wrote:

What kind of argument is that ?

Well you brought up Sane to compare and the Confed cup was his first "major" tournament so I'm not sure what you don't understand. Also Draxler didn't stick out too much to me there, although neither did Sane. Except Draxler had the most international caps out of everyone on that team....

BayernFL117
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:43 am

LOL at people saying Brazil were the better team. Just checked out a few other forums and everyone is lauding Brazil as top favourites and placing Germany at Number 4 behind Spain and FRANCE. Some people take these friendly games way too seriously.

Brasil had just two more shots on target than Germany’s one. Both the other shots were from Paulinho, One was a decent save by Trapp and the other a tame effort straight into Trapp’s hands.

Honestly Neither side created any clear cut chances and the game should have ended in a 0-0 draw. Brazil had no creativity in midfield with THREE defensive minded midfielders. All of their creativity was coming from Coutinho and Willian. Brazil were good defensively though.

Germany, although they didn’t have any shot on target until the end, did have a few decent chances but failed to capitalise on them. The goal was the result of a stupid giveaway from Gundogan. He tried to lob pass the ball to Kimmich but Fernandinho intercepted and then Brazil scored from the resultant attack. Gundogan looked like he was struck with stage fright. Then there was Trapp’s poor effort in goal when Jesus scored and his distribution as GK was pathetic too. Sane and Gomez had a terrible game as forwards.

Brazil took this game very seriously and were so determined to win that they parked the bus after the 75th minute and made almost no attacking changes. (Only One substitution in a friendly!)

Germany were in testspiel mode today and people (mostly Manchester United, Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool and Real fans on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit) online who take the results of such games seriously are fools. If anything this game might have given Brazil their “revenge” and made the Germans “angry” about their unbeaten streak ending.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Manchu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:30 am

America USA wrote:What do you think about Gomez vs Wagner? Should both go or only one of them? Right now I’m leaning towards Wagner.

Also Monumental **** up on Löw’s part to not select Ulteich. It made zero sense to select Trapp over Ulreich and even today Low had promised that he would play Leno in the second half, but that never happened. I think Low’s favouritism could cost Germany in Russia.

Given the limits of a 23 man squad with 3 spots taken up by keepers and given that Werner is definitely going unless he gets injured, I have to say that we can take one of them. We basically get one backup for every position on the field, and it's hard to justify spending an extra slot on another CF given that we basically only play one at a time.

Moreover, I have to agree that Wagner is the correct choice. He's been very good at goal-scoring for both Bayern and the NT, and his aerial abilities provide a completely different dimension to the game. He's also pretty good at passing, both at a technical and decision making level, and has very few weaknesses to his game other than being slow. In fact, I'm starting to suspect that he might be considered one of the best and most complete strikers in the world if he were as fast as Sule.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:39 am

I dont know why Loew loves Draxler that much and don't even give the chance to Goretzka in the central midfield.

Germany couldn't attack straight from the middle but reply too much on high balls from both flanks to take advantage of aerial threat from Gomez or Wagner, too bad, neither of them deliver, only 1 shot on goal the whole match :shock: , it signals how limited we're in attacking options.
Can't believe after all these years, Bundesliga cannot produce a creative attacking midfielder like Ozil.

Attackers: Gomez or Wagner: it's time for a new face, Wagner looks cool enough in front of goal net. This Germany are not decent enough to win the tournament, the new gen of players are still raw and the WC comes too soon. I'd give Gnabry a chance in instead of Sane, he plays 15 matches for an average team but still manage to score 5 and assist 4, furthermore, the boy looks unpredictable on his moves, could be a secret weapon in some game.

So I vote: Werner, Wagner, Reus, Mueller, Ozil, Brandt, Gnabry=> Stindl,Gotze, Schrurrle, Sane: see you next time.

Midfielders: Kroos, Gundogan, Goretzka, Khedira, Draxler, Emre Can

Defenders: Kimmich, Boateng, Rudiger, Plattenhardt , Hector, Sule, Hummels

Goalkeeper: why no Ulreich surprise me, Loew prefers working with players that he knows no matter how bad form they are. Trapp and Leno should stay home both. [-X I guess Loew presumes that Neuer will come back soon to take Ulreich place in Bayern, so he won't have much playing time in the next 2 months. Still, what about Trapp, the guy barely gets a chance in PSG.

Neuer, Stegen, Ulreich
Last edited by bmguy on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Manchu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:30 am

bmguy wrote:
Germany couldn't attack straight from the middle but reply too much on high balls from both flanks to take advantage of aerial threat from Gomez or Wagner, too bad, neither of them deliver, only 1 shot on goal the whole match :shock: , it signals how limited we're in attacking options.
Can't believe after all these years, Bundesliga cannot produce a creative attacking midfielder like Ozil.

Ahem, ahem (no, neither of them have the exact same playstyle as Ozil but they are both very capable of playing as 10s.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 am

Manchu wrote:
bmguy wrote:

Ahem, ahem (no, neither of them have the exact same playstyle as Ozil but they are both very capable of playing as 10s.

I meant there's no creative players on the central midfield, the one who can create key passes. from the stats on whoscored, neither Draxler nor Goretzka come close to Ozil. And looking at youth talents, Germany do have some problems.

Maybe Bundesliga should extend from 18 teams to 20 to give more youngsters playing time.
Last edited by bmguy on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:45 am

Manchu wrote:

Schurrle: OK player in general but has a good record as an impact sub for the NT. Should probably go based on that alone.

Schurrle back then was the catalyst who changed the game vs Argentina... plus some more assists.
I am not saying that today he is the same or that he deserves a call up

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team