You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Germany will win
25%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Brazil will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-03-27] Germany vs Brazil

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:38 pm

0 shots on target for Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Incredibly, Draxler is the one who shot first (and probably last)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Today in my opinion:

Wagner > Gomez
Goretzka > Gundogan
Brandt > Sane

Löw has a big puzzle to make...
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Roonzil wrote:Today in my opinion:

Wagner > Gomez
Goretzka > Gundogan
Brandt > Sane

Löw has a big puzzle to make...

Today in my opinion:

Aron Ralston > Trapp.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Brandt was very good. Outshone Sane today. Sane was lethargic and sloppy, Brandt actually wanted to make things happen. Gundogan was surprisingly poor. Ulreich would’ve stopped that goal. Trapp isn’t playing much at PSG and should therefore not be in the German squad.

Sorry MUTU but Wagner was better than Gomez who was mediocre in this game. Toni Kroos was outstanding today.

As I had predicted, Brazil would win because you could see in their substitutions that they were taking this game seriously. Germany took the Spain game seriously and Löw was experimenting in this game with Goretzka wide and then Stindl in CM.

It is sad that the unbeaten run is over but Brazil didn’t outplay Germany at all. For large parts of the game Die Mannschaft were better but tried to do too much in the final third. The performance matters more in such friendly games and the result is meaningless but hopefully this win satisfies Brazil’s thirst for revenge a bit.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Trapp is outplayed by an 18 yo Areola at PSG, he is sitting on the bench, but he is still in the national team?

And... You know, Ulreich is not? At the moment Sven can easily be a second option after ter Stegen and before Leno.

Brazil was the better team today, Germany started playing after the 60th minute and the end result was not so surprising.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 pm

America USA wrote:Sorry MUTU but Wagner was better than Gomez who was mediocre in this game.

You mean one was a 4/10 and the other a 4.5/10?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 pm

America USA wrote:Brandt was very good. Outshone Sane today. Sane was lethargic and sloppy, Brandt actually wanted to make things happen. Gundogan was surprisingly poor. Ulreich would’ve stopped that goal. Trapp isn’t playing much at PSG and should therefore not be in the German squad.

Sorry MUTU but Wagner was better than Gomez who was mediocre in this game. Toni Kroos was outstanding today.

As I had predicted, Brazil would win because you could see in their substitutions that they were taking this game seriously. Germany took the Spain game seriously and Löw was experimenting in this game with Goretzka wide and then Stindl in CM.

It is sad that the unbeaten run is over but Brazil didn’t outplay Germany at all. For large parts of the game Die Mannschaft were better but tried to do too much in the final third. The performance matters more in such friendly games and the result is meaningless but hopefully this win satisfies Brazil’s thirst for revenge a bit.

exactly! Came to post the same especially about Julian Brandt...
Wagner v Gomez... The former looks hungrier.

overall not a bad result... Brazil were lucky to win
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Trapp is outplayed by an 18 yo Areola at PSG, he is sitting on the bench, but he is still in the national team?

And... You know, Ulreich is not? At the moment Sven can easily be a second option after ter Stegen and before Leno.

Brazil was the better team today, Germany started playing after the 60th minute and the end result was not so surprising.

Send via carrier pigeon.

Isn’t Areola like 24?
Kovac OUT!!!
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Manchu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:06 pm

I only managed to watch the last 30 minutes or so. From what I saw:
1. Wagner looked pretty good, seemed like the main reason he couldn't get on the end of crosses was that the Brazilian centerbacks were, in the complimentary words of the commentators, "grabbing his arm"(you know, committing penalty foals)
2. Trapp was completely awful. No communication with the defense.
3. Boateng and Sule looked good. Sule maybe needs to get a little more confidence on the ball.
4. Kroos was good.
5. Stindl was completely anonymous. I honestly forgot he was playing. No way he deserves to go to Russia
6. Rudiger was ok
7. No comment on Gundogan, Werner, or Plandenhardt
8. Draxler was terrible. 0 creativity whatsoever. Almost nothing came down his side.
9. Brandt was excellent. Many great crosses, very comfortable in buildup play, a couple really good moments, even managed to get behind the defense once despite being "slow." He probably should have played against Spain.
10. Kimmich was also really good and having two good crossers on the same side of the field worked to Germany's advantage.

Also, from what I read Sane seems not to have been very involved. If so, I'm not surprised. At this point he has 11 caps, over 554 minutes, and 0 good performances. Moreover, his performance with the NT shows no signs of improving. I know that he's a great player for his club team and a great talent, but he shows no signs of having the attributes necessary to play in the NT system and we're not changing the system which works for everyone else to suit one player. At this point, I'm almost in favor of leaving in home and bringing Schurrle instead, because at least Schurrle has a great record as an impact sub with the NT.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Trapp is outplayed by an 18 yo Areola at PSG, he is sitting on the bench, but he is still in the national team?

Send via carrier pigeon.

Isn’t Areola like 24?
Yeah, my bad mate.. I'm confusing him with Alban Lafont from Toulouse.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Send via carrier pigeon.

Isn’t Areola like 24?

Isn't Areola the pigmented area around the nipple?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

Send via carrier pigeon.

Isn’t Areola like 24?

Isn't Areola the pigmented area around the nipple?
Yeah, you're right.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:10 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Brazil was the better team today, Germany started playing after the 60th minute and the end result was not so surprising.

I disagree. Brazil had two good spells. The first spell was in the first 20 minutes of the game and the second was in the first twenty minutes after HT. Brazil’s goal came against the run of play and I think it was Gundogan losing the ball that lead to the goal scoring attack. Germany played better but it was possession without penetration and trying too much in the final third. This same thing happened in Germany’s last defeat against France at EURO 2016. Hopefully the team and the coach look into this problem.

I know it is the result that matters but in friendlies it is the performance that counts more and I think the overall performance was good (except Sane, Trapp, Gomez and Gundogan) Kroos controlled midfield, our CBs defused most Brazilian attacks. Kimmich and Plattenhardt did a decent job against much experienced Fullbacks, Marcelo and Alves respectively.

MUTU wrote:You mean one was a 4/10 and the other a 4.5/10?

Come on man! Wagner looked sharper than Gomez and it took every bit of Silva’s defensive abilities to deny him a clean header. Gomez was caught offside at least 6 times and that is just bad!

Manchu wrote:5. Stindl was completely anonymous. I honestly forgot he was playing. No way he deserves to go to Russia

I think Stindl was alright. Not great but he certainly did a good job. Him and Brandt made Germany more threatening in attack. Also, Stindl was playing as CM alongside Kroos in the final few minutes of the game :biggrin:

Agreed on Sane. He has been disappointing so far with the NT. If only Reus could stay fit! Maybe Germany should integrate Sane into the NT setup after the WC and prepare him for Euro 2020.

BTW Sule is pretty quick for his size :o
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Roonzil » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm

America USA wrote:BTW Sule is pretty quick for his size :o

I love how people are still surprised at this. He's showed that several times in FCB games this season. :lol:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team